Diet Doctor Reviews

Healthcare

20h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Healthcare

31.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Diet Doctor~2389502
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing colleagues and the possibility of having a lot of responsibility early on.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exceptional company to work for!

Oct 2, 2019 - Writer in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diet Doctor is an outstanding company to work for in every way. Teamwork, camaraderie, and mutual respect among all employees are a huge part of the culture here. We all work hard to achieve our mission of empowering people to dramatically improve their health. Although leadership values our contributions to the company, they also make sure we devote time to self care.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Diet Doctor.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Phenomal place to work and help change the world

Sep 3, 2019 - Medical Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven company focused on helping people improve their health and helping change the way the world see a healthy low carb lifestyle. Amazing group of people with a culture of collaboration, team work, incredible communication, and inspiring rach other.

Cons

I live in the US and the company is based in Sweden. But they still do an amazing job of keeping us connected with regular video conferences and trips to Sweden a few times per year

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

salary FPA Manager

May 12, 2022 - FPA Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm

Pros

Cons

Difficulty implementing new ideas and resistance to the use of best standard practices

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrible leadership

Apr 3, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co workers were great .

Cons

Constantly Micromanaged. Long hours might take a toll on your health.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Health company not so healthy

Jan 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to own some of the company is available to all employees. Fast moving and interesting work. In general, very friendly and helpful colleagues who all work incredibly hard.

Cons

If you don’t fit the company’s vision you will be pushed out quickly. Passive aggressive behavior from management toward some staff they no longer fitted their standard.

6. 5.0

Great

Dec 2, 2021 - Digital Producer in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic workplace and great vision

Cons

Don’t know at this stage

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

For those who want to change the world

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diet Doctor is a place for passion, high performance, and dedication to a higher purpose - the health of humanity. For me and the many others who thrive in such a setting, Diet Doctor is amazing - by far the best place I've ever worked. I highly recommend working here for anyone wanting to make a positive impact on the world, grow super fast, and who gets excited about becoming and work as an owner. I do not recommend working here if you're looking for a normal, relaxed, job, and have low ambitions.

Cons

Not a great fit for those who aren't interested in changing the world and growing fast but who are enjoy more normal jobs at normal companies. Diet Doctor can be too intense for such people.

8. 4.0

Great place

Nov 29, 2021 - Data Analyst in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, international community, great cause to work on

Cons

Work life balance is somewhat of a con

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A passionate team with an inspiring mission

May 7, 2021 - Product Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Meaningful mission - Diverse team - The core company values - Growth focus

Cons

- The start-up environment might not fit everyone. Even if working overtime is not obligatory it is highly appreciated (and rewarded). - The company has been growing fast which always has its growing pains.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

They will ride you hard until you are broken.

Apr 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work may be to some benefit to customers

Cons

I worked here quite a while. I really liked my coworkers, but there is something seriously wrong with management. There is a glamour over the company that everyone is happy and that everything is so great. Stay a while and you will start to see when peoples smiles slip of their face when no one is looking and that their eyes fill with despair. The work/life balance is horrible. They will expect you to give 150% until you have nothing left to give. When this happens they will start to question your productivity and start to pressure you to resign. Pressuring people to resign because you have broken them is wrong! I can not recommend working here for anyone. No job is worth burning yourself out over.

9 people found this review helpful