DietSpotlight Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Intern

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Company, Amazing People."

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern

Pros

- Great opportunity to lead, gain responsibility quickly and be entrepreneurial.
    - Everyone is very friendly and the open and small environment between all "levels" of employees makes for a fantastic place to come work at.

Cons

Had to go back to school and couldn't intern there longer!

2. "Great Learning Experience for Interns!"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked over the summer as a software engineering intern. Worked directly with the CTO on a complex web application for the site, but I was given a lot of freedom to make this project my own. Coming into the internship, I did not have any experience with web development, but the CTO did a great job in easing me into the new languages and frameworks - I become a pro in no time. This internship was an amazing learning opportunity with regards to cultivating my technical and collaborative skills. I gained some experience in both front and back end development and I was also free to explore my interests in the workplace. I got to experience every facet of the business like marketing, customer service, SEO, and user-testing to name a few. I not only learned how to create a complex web app, I was also able to see it traverse the product pipeline. Truly an invaluable experience.

Cons

The internship/project could be overwhelming at first, but everything turns out just fine.

3. "Great place to grow as a young professional!"

Former Intern - Intern in Miami, FL
    Former Intern - Intern in Miami, FL

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The mentorship is unparalleled. I worked directly with the CTO in building out products for the DietSpotlight platform and other business ideas. It was incredibly collaborative. Despite my relative inexperience, I was not only given responsibility over several projects, but also was able to contribute my opinions on design/product/implementation decisions.

It's a place that respects what you have to offer, no matter what your age.

Cons

Office can get a little bit boring sometimes since it's a small, focused team

Advice to Management

Making the office cooler/tech-ier would go a long way, but otherwise keep doing what you're doing