DietSpotlight Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 12, 2017

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Company, Amazing People."

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern

Pros

- Great opportunity to lead, gain responsibility quickly and be entrepreneurial.
    - Everyone is very friendly and the open and small environment between all "levels" of employees makes for a fantastic place to come work at.

Cons

Had to go back to school and couldn't intern there longer!

2. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Digital Content Coordinator in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Content Coordinator in Miami, FL

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When you go into work, there's a positive vibe as soon as you hit the door. The team works hard and values input from everyone. There's always a feeling of "we can accomplish anything when we work together."

Cons

There is no downside of working for Dietspotlight.

3. "Customer Care Lead"

Current Employee - Customer Care Lead
    Current Employee - Customer Care Lead

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time

Pros

Staff extremely familiar and friendly, I personally enjoy coming to work everyday. My team is out of this world!! could not ask for a better company to give me the tools to build my career the way I always wanted to. Would not trade this place for anything!!

Cons

Honestly... None!! Can't wait to come in everyday and find options to stay after my shift if needed.

4. "Phenomenal Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work, awesome environment, lots of opportunity.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

5. "8 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Senior Content Strategist
    Current Employee - Senior Content Strategist

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Over the past 8 years, I've had the pleasure of working with a team of men and women with true vision. This is not like a traditional company - you have freedom to be creative with brainstorming sessions and a true connection with everyone on the team. I am one of the lucky people who LOVES coming to work every morning.

Cons

So many amazing visions and so little time.

6. "Great Learning Experience for Interns!"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked over the summer as a software engineering intern. Worked directly with the CTO on a complex web application for the site, but I was given a lot of freedom to make this project my own. Coming into the internship, I did not have any experience with web development, but the CTO did a great job in easing me into the new languages and frameworks - I become a pro in no time. This internship was an amazing learning opportunity with regards to cultivating my technical and collaborative skills. I gained some experience in both front and back end development and I was also free to explore my interests in the workplace. I got to experience every facet of the business like marketing, customer service, SEO, and user-testing to name a few. I not only learned how to create a complex web app, I was also able to see it traverse the product pipeline. Truly an invaluable experience.

Cons

The internship/project could be overwhelming at first, but everything turns out just fine.

"Truly Awesome Workplace"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and environment are so welcoming. Coming in everyday is something I look forward to. I love the amount of responsibility and freedom we are given to show how good our own problem solving abilities are. All the higher ups, from the Customer Service supervisor to the CEO, are some of the best leaders I've had the pleasure of working with. My job is the best!

Cons

Working in customer service is taxing. Learning to not take things too personally from customers is one one the best yet hardest lessons to learn.

Advice to Management

No advice. Just a big thank you. This last year has been a great year and it wouldn't have been quite as good without you all.

"Awesome company!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

Coming from the tedious realm of restaurant management, DietSpotlight has opened my eyes to how wonderful a workplace can be. The moment I stepped into the conference room for my interview, I knew DietSpotlight was a company that cared about its employees. I've been here for 5 months and have no intention of looking back. It's only forward from here, as I can see myself growing with this thriving company. My hard work is regularly praised by leadership. They also provide friendly criticism and weekly performance reviews to help mold me into the best version of myself. Ambition, creativity, and entrepreneurship flow through our beautiful office in Coral Gables, and I plan on soaking in as much of it as I can. Here's a few other elements that make working for DietSpotlight an awesome experience: health/dental/vision packages that are completely covered; federal holidays off and paid for; sufficient paid vacation time; a solid commission structure within my department; the ability to work remotely from home; lunch is paid for 3 times out of the week. I'm truly excited for my future with DietSpotlight.

Cons

There's really nothing negative to say about the company.

9. "Great place to grow as a young professional!"

Former Intern - Intern in Miami, FL
    Former Intern - Intern in Miami, FL

I worked at DietSpotlight as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The mentorship is unparalleled. I worked directly with the CTO in building out products for the DietSpotlight platform and other business ideas. It was incredibly collaborative. Despite my relative inexperience, I was not only given responsibility over several projects, but also was able to contribute my opinions on design/product/implementation decisions.

It's a place that respects what you have to offer, no matter what your age.

Cons

Office can get a little bit boring sometimes since it's a small, focused team

Advice to Management

Making the office cooler/tech-ier would go a long way, but otherwise keep doing what you're doing

10. "Best job I've held yet!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DietSpotlight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall a great place to work for, a very positive work environment. Everyone who works here is very courteous and helpful. I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day. The CEO is a great guy and is very open to all suggestions and feedback. He really takes the time to get to know his employees and build genuine relationships with them. Beautiful building with a great view right in the middle of the business district in Coral Gables. Theres a kitchen in the office always filled with complementary beverages and snacks. There is also a bunch of great restaurants and lunch options within a walking distance. Great pay and generous commission structure where you are given the opportunity to make great money if you put in the work.

Cons

Traffic in the area can get very hectic during rush hour.