Digi International Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Digi International President and CEO Ron Konezny
Ron Konezny
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great work life balance, everyone is very friendly and will do everything they can to help you succeed (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment, lots of perks and fringe benefits, largely hands off and trusting of their employees, excellent facilities (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management not friendly and did not treat lower level as they were equal human beings (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Working Environment"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Digi International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented employees, challenging projects and an extremely constructive working environment.

Cons

The company seems to be fighting in different fronts at the same time.

Advice to Management

It motivates employers to have a clear vision of where the company is headed in the long term.

2. "Digi Wireless Design Services"

Former Employee - Associate in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Associate in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Digi International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I actually really loved working for Digi Wireless Design Services. My manager was very personable and great at training and helping me succeed. Had I not relocated out of state, I believe I would have stayed at this company for many years and really enjoyed it. All managers and higher ups, including CEO and CFO were very approachable and pleasant to work with. I believe the new CEO's vision for the company is going in a positive direction

Cons

Digi Wireless Design Services and it's parent company, Digi International, are not very well integrated yet. (Although I think they are taking steps to improve)
    Getting products from Digi to incorporate in our WDS projects was very cumbersome and inefficient with all the hoops we would have to jump through.
    Salary is average or a bit below. Benefits (health insurance) were great in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Try to work on merging database systems (ERPLN) so that all companies can work together effectively and efficiently.

3. "Very pleasant yet the dysfunctional parts were quite apparent"

Former Intern - Engineer in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Intern - Engineer in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Digi International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The engineers there are top notch and really good at what they do. Always very willing to help and teach.

Cons

Management moved like peanut butter. There didn't seem to be much growth opportunities. The technology isn't exactly cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Take all your meetings and cut them in half. Spend more time with your team.

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lindon, UT

Pros

Great people to work with! Benefits are good. Pay is competitive for the current marketplace.

Cons

Not many jobs open up if you are not at HQ.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!