Digi "good working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Digi Employee Reviews about "good working environment"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 135 reviews

3.7
Digi CEO Albern Murty
Albern Murty
Pros
Cons
  • "I think no cons so far because very short internship(in 7 reviews)

• "Base salary is low and low increment(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "good working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall is quite good"

I have been working at Digi full-time

Pros

Good work environment. Good colleague

Cons

Basically don’t have any con at all

Digi2018-12-05
  2. "Poor middle mangement"

Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Digi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment and culture, provides multiple learning platforms, employee benefits 1 of the top in the market, and regular collecting feedback from the parent.

Cons

KPI contradicts each other, keep changing reflects a poor direction, action plans being copied here and there, from bottom up then top down to the rest, communicating success stories however might not be true ones.

Advice to Management

Back to the basics in running the core business.

Digi2017-11-02
  3. "Overall good company to work with"

Former Employee - Management in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at Digi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our open, supportive and dynamic environment allows you to freely express your opinions, ideas and inspire new ways of doing things. The company supports fun yet balancing working environment.

Cons

Lack of employer review and measurement with employee

Advice to Management

Build more connection with staff and encourage to try a new position based on their interest

Digi2017-10-10
  4. "Good if you perform as very performance and KPI oriented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shah Alam

I have been working at Digi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits such as maternity leave up to 6 months, phone subsidy of RM1000 every 2 years, 20 days annual leave, one phone line fully paid by the company, additional benefits using flex points to claim for various things for the year until you fully utilise it, casual working environment, additional EPF of 3% by the company if you stay with them for 3 years.

Cons

Depending on the department you are in, work culture can or cannot be flexible and politics too.

Advice to Management

Need to reload into some products offered especially in the business sector to compete with other competitors

Digi2017-08-01

"Industry in transition"

I have been working at Digi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good working environment (workplace) and flexible working hours

Cons

Management direction in constant flux and at times may be in contradiction to each other. This is brought on by major changes in the industry and the management is trying to adapt.

Digi2017-03-28
  6. "Product Development"

Current Employee - Product Development in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Digi full-time

Pros

best working environment in malaysia!

Cons

too many back and forth discussion and still no outcome

Digi2017-01-04
  7. "Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Head of Section

I have been working at Digi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast, innovative, approachable leaders. Good working environment, good perks. One of the better places to work at in Malaysia.

Cons

Comes with the territory - high pressure, fast paced. No time to blink.

Digi2015-10-21
  8. "silicon valley like company environement"

Current Employee - Senior in Shah Alam

I have been working at Digi full-time for more than a year

Pros

work environment, nice people, benefits, bonus, events, brand name, free internet, flat organization, casual dresscode

Cons

keep restructuring, keep outsourcing, not much development

Advice to Management

more compassionate to the staff, personal growth

Digi2015-02-26

"Good people, good culture, good management, great work environment."

Current Employee - Senior in Shah Alam

I have been working at Digi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment: It's old, but it beats just about any other office I've visited in Malaysia. It feels like you're working in a College / University campus, there's a 3-storey waterfall within our compound, a large section of common areas are non-air-conditioned but built to maximise wind and temperature (green office concept), hot desking concept (so we're able to move around our 4-storey complex).... Being a green office, it's also energy efficient, and you'll find lots of trees and plants around us. Overall Good work-life balance. Decent Salaries: DiGi does not pay well compared to the other telcos in Malaysia, but they pay better than many other industries and private companies. We get shared quarterly bonuses (based on overall company performance), and personal annual bonus (based on personal performance). Flat Hierarchy: There are only 10 levels. 1 being Intern and 10 being CEO. All managers, heads of departments, heads of divisions, and even the CEO are hands on people. There are no "I talk, you do" positions. Flat hierarchy also means that it's easy catching the upper management (most of them are very approachable) for a chat if something needs to be escalated quickly. Work Culture: Depending on which department you're in, there are: - Employees are hired for attitude as much as skills and experience. Most people here are great to work with, including the management. - Flexible work hours. Everyone's an adult here. Get your work done, there won't be a clock-in-clock-out situation. Exception for retail and warehouse teams. - Casual clothes to work. We're in jeans and funky coloured shoes everyday. Some of us come to work in T-Shirts too. You don't need to be in a suit to be productive. - Casual approach and atmosphere. There is very little protocol at work, as long as everyone maintain common courtesies. We're very connected to social networks as well, so it's not uncommon to see us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or streaming music along the work day. Other Perks: - Free phone calls and mobile data. Within reasonable limits, of course. - Ability to give out 'Ambassador Lines' to friends and families. These are DiGi lines with lower cost and higher value than any other plan you can find in the market. - Department heads sometimes dish out monthly rewards, which include free premium coffees, or indoor parking. - Parking is FREE. - Device allowance given every two years, the first being your first day of employment. - Opportunity to work with group level teams (usually from Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Thailand)

Cons

I hear from older hands that perks have been systematically reduced through the years. Flat hierarchy = difficult to climb up the corporate ladder. Promotions usually mean lateral movements. Many business components are run on a "need to know" basis only, so sometimes you work with the wrong focus because of misinformation. Salaries are lower than what other local telecommunications companies pay. Probably... the lowest in our industry within Malaysia. Budget for expenditures (marketing, comms & branding, sales & subsidies, events) seems to be cut every year. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you've achieved something first when your immediate competitors shout about it louder. The company is too focused on EBITDA and market performance, and as a result, do not invest enough into technology and innovations. DiGi is not the "Crazy Fun" company it used to be. It's all grown up and corporate now. Parking is horrible if you're not among those who reach the office early.

Advice to Management

Consider investing into the 'Fun and Crazy' aspects that made DiGi stand out so strongly in the first place. Be willing to invest in innovations, and to take risks in this department. If we had one or two moonshot projects a year, I think we'd be doing great things for our market :)

Digi2014-12-12

"good but not great"

I have been working at Digi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work environment is good, benefits are good, people are down to earth... no real protocols on corporate ladder

Cons

salary and increment is low, not much career growth as there is still office politics to manage...

Advice to Management

stop keeping budget to yourselves for all the overseas spending and giving us peanuts.... need to be tranparent to the employees and give them what they deserve...

Digi2013-11-19