DigiStream Reviews | Glassdoor

DigiStream Reviews

Updated September 1, 2016

Will Aaronson

1. "Workflow Assistant"

I have been working at DigiStream full-time

Pros

Friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Awesome group of people to work with

Cons

Not much room for growth.

"Investigator"

I worked at DigiStream full-time

Pros

Management is great and friendly. From the bottom to the top. Don't have to drive your own car. Different everyday where you go.

Cons

Hours and pay. 80 hours a week or more and the checks just don't make up for the long hours and weekends

"Entirely numbers based, be wary of what you are getting into"

Former Employee - Field Investigator
    Former Employee - Field Investigator

I worked at DigiStream full-time

Pros

Entry level private investigator job. This company got my foot in the door of the PI industry, and now I make more money elsewhere. They also provide all the equipment you need, including a vehicle, which is great.

Bosses are easy to get along with as long as you are doing well

You get paid for your commute: from the moment you step into the van to the moment you exit it at home.

They pay for your gas and reimburse you for part of your cell phone bill and expenses. They give you (as of when I left) $35 a night for per diem when you had to stay in a hotel.

Cons

There are a lot, so I will try and be brief so you will actually read this:

-Local offices get a LOT of pressure from corporate to be competitive with other offices, particularly regarding amount of film captured on claimants. Be aware that a lot of this is out of your control, and if you see numbers drop for a couple consecutive months you will hear about it. When you saw this job advertisement online and wondered if this is "too good to be true", this is the part that is. Depending on what regional office you are in, you may be doomed from the start. Past accomplishments aren't taken into account; the managers have a memory that lasts maybe 3 months tops. I saw a guy be number one on the national leaderboard one month, and be fired 6 months later because his numbers were low. I'm not trying to discourage you from taking this job, but be aware of this and have a plan if you see the warning signs coming. Warning signs to look out for would be passive aggressive emails talking about "performance", verbal warnings, write ups, you boss randomly showing up at your cases to see if you are doing things right. Things get crazy pretty quick. I was lucky and got out before this happened to me.

- Long hours: be prepared to work 50+ hours a week fairly regularly. Be prepared to drive a lot and travel long distances. Depending on where you are, you may be gone overnight a fair bit. Where I was located, I was gone maybe a couple nights a month, but some guys were spending up to 2 weeks a month in hotels. This can be a good thing if you like being away from home.

Advice to Management

I know this is probably out of your control, but try and be a little more understanding in the slow months. You burn people out with these tactics.

"Long Hours"

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Davis, CA

Pros

If you enjoy working by yourself. I mean completely alone, then this job is for you. The pay is average for a job that requires little training.

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel, complete isolation. The pay is average, certainly not enough compensation to keep employees motivated for very long.

Advice to Management

My advice is to offer better wages and in return you will gain a better employee. The job is a piece of cake but turnover is great because of the compensation factor.