Digital Air Strike Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

4.0
Digital Air Strike CEO Alexi Venneri (no image)
Alexi Venneri
Pros
  • "DAS is by far the industry leader in the social media, reputation and lead response management space(in 11 reviews)

• "DAS gives team members plenty of opportunities to take initiative and break out of their comfort zone(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some positions don't have the same opportunities for growth, but I know upper management is working on that(in 15 reviews)

• "It's cliche to say that a workplace is "fast paced", but we really are(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great for marketing majors"

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Digital Air Strike part-time

Pros

Good culture, fun work space

Cons

High pressure, laptops aren't the best to use

"Watch which department you join!"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good benefits, free lunches, and charity work. If you are on the Dev team; or in Dave or Lori's departments you are usually salaried and make good money while advancing quickly. Whether you are a member of the sales team or CA team(account managers) if you're hitting your goals they will often take you on trips + pay for your expenses and earn nice bonuses. If you're one of their top money makers you will likely be invited to the yearly presidents club trip. Which is an all inclusive weekend retreat mainly consisting of the upper management, sales, and CA team.

Cons

Some people will definitely backstab you or blame shift to save their own butts especially CAs. If you are under Erica or Krys on the operations side your pay will be very low (fast food pay rates) when starting out and it's hard to get promoted. They do their best to try and keep the team happy with free food. Many employees are fresh out of college and don't have the experience to demand more money even though they probably deserve it. Most of the employees in these departments are hourly so the only chance to make more money is overtime. Often management under Erica and Krys will throw more work at you with no incentives to take on these tasks like a bonus or time off. You get a pat on the back, OT(if approved), or reason to potentially ask for a promotion upon the quarterly reviews.

3. "IDK"

2.0
    Former Employee - Paid Search Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They pay you on time.

Cons

What they pay you for your work.

4. "Great Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time

Pros

DAS has a great culture and the Digital Specialist work it nice

Cons

Don't learn any Paid Ads or Analytics in this position

5. COVID-19

"Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great products that help businesses. Company culture that's fun, engaging, and rewarding -- even during the pandemic we've had safe events to keep our team connected. Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement - hard work is recognized and rewarded. Bosses that ask for feedback and act on suggestions.

Cons

The fast pace might not be for everyone, but if you like every day to be different and don't want to be bored, this is the place for you.

6. COVID-19

"Momentum during a pandemic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

DAS doesn't stand still for anything - not even a pandemic. We continued to support our clients, our employees and our community when it felt like the rest of the country was in paralysis mode on what to do next. The team work here is unbelievable - team members from every department, every level jumped in across the board to come with new ways to do business. While the pandemic has impacted everyone in the world in some shape or form, the DAS team became stronger and more united to serve our clients, their customers, each other and our community. If you're looking for a company to join where you can help to solve for "unprecendted" times - then DAS is the company for you. You've got a voice? Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and building out a proof of concept or fleshing out an idea - even if you're in an entry level job? Then you'll love the DAS culture. We've got more momentum than ever before and the unity of our team throughout these last few months from every department ensures we're going to hit those big goals and vision and you could be a part of what will surely be the most exciting and innovative time in our company's 10 year history!

Cons

Not so much a con, as it is a personality/culture thing: DAS is not for everyone. We are not one size fits all. It's a company of visionaries, doers and problem solvers. If you're someone who just wants to come in and do the same thing day to day and be told what to do and be a robot - then this is not the place for you. If you don't like a fast pace and need to take weeks to process one concept - this is not the place for you. If you want a gold star for just showing up - not the place for you.

7. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has a great culture. The health benefits are excellent. The company covers 90% of the employee's cost. After 6 years at the company they even cover employee's contribution making it free. There is a lot of mentorship and you basically have a buddy that helps you moving ahead in the company, career and personal life. They work around your personal goals and encourage learning new skills and also reimburse for any courses taken. No one tries to take credit for your ideas or work and everyone is very respectful. They acknowledge even small contributions and encourage you to explore additional ideas to do your work faster, better and help our customers succeed. Our CEO puts a lot of effort on team building, leadership and she is always taking notes on any new idea or solution we have. She makes us feel like we are all working towards the same goal. On the side note: She is the only employer that knows each employee by name and takes interest in employee life.

Cons

The Con is basically that we pivot a lot. This is not the company's fault as such, the market is changing every day and we have to be fast/agile and deliver the solutions before our competitor does. For example due to COVID we had to develop solutions needed by our customers and put on hold others we were working on pre-pandemic. I would say the pivoting is a necessary evil and it keeps us on our toes and helps us in evolving.

8. COVID-19

"Handled COVID Better Than Any Company I Know"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive environment, room to grow, strong earnings potential, engaged executives, fun place to work with dedicated, smart people

Cons

COVID hit automotive harder than most industries; primarily servicing auto industry so we felt it as as well. But we're coming back. Starting to diversify into other markets which is good to see.

9. COVID-19

"You Can't Beat this Experience"

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Digital Air Strike full-time for more than a year

Pros

DAS is a gold mine for personal and professional development, especially if you want experience in Product Management, as was my case. The job comes with a lot of responsibility and a lot to learn - OWN IT. You'll have more access to executive stakeholders than you've ever had before. The engineering team is stout and communicative, they'll help you understand the technical aspects while you focus on the business's needs. You'll present to entire departments regularly and train teams weekly. You'll essentially learn how to run a business. Oh, and did I mention that business is already an industry powerhouse? Bottom line: They're looking for people with a good attitude and a knack for entrepreneurship. Bring a good attitude to the table and a hunger to build something greater than yourself & it will be well-received. The Company: - The People - dedicated and personable teams top to bottom - Strong products - Energetic and fun work environment - Loads of opportunity - Proactive leadership to changing competitive and economic landscapes - Exceptional middle management - Location The APM Role - Constant collaboration with each department - Fast-paced & everchanging day-to-day - Exceptional management - Responsibility & experience is second to none

Cons

Every company has some areas for improvement, and DAS is no exception. The company is always pivoting, which overall is a good thing, however, I think they could be a bit more thoughtful before they commit to an idea. There can be a sense of "we need to do this NOW, drop everything" which, at times, can be frustrating to the teams who put lots of hard work into a previous priority that risks not coming to fruition. Don't get me wrong, sometimes changes are essential (especially recently, with COVID-19), and I applaud the organization for being so nimble and proactive in response to the pandemic. I think its important for any organization to really elaborate on how it uses its resources most productively and I think overall the company would be EVEN STRONGER if they were more intentional about mitigating priority context-switching. The Company: - Common initiative changes/context-switching - Legacy bugs drain dev team productivity The APM Role: - Below-average salary - Junior team members inherit busywork

Digital Air Strike Response

May 27, 2020Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your time with DAS! We appreciate your contribution to the company and understanding of what it takes to be successful, including pivoting due to COVID-19. As a point of reference, we have had a team in place for years that is focused on legacy and bug fixes, however you worked on primarily new platforms and were not exposed to these teams on a regular cadence. With the recent pivot during COVID-19, we started an “all hands on deck” approach. Team members who generally had the luxury to work only on new development were asked to wear multiple hats to have a better understanding of our full scope of systems and to assist with the most critical aspects of our current or future business. “Nice to have” solutions were slowed down but none were stopped. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your comments and ideas in greater depth. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people/atmosphere are amazing and there is always opportunity to grow your professional career. Always looking for feedback to make company better (and ACTUALLY listen/take note of feedback).

Cons

Starting pay is not great.

Digital Air Strike Response

May 22, 2020Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback about DAS. We are happy to have you on our team and are always open to new ways to make the company better for employees and our clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 English Reviews