Digital Air Strike Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Alexi Venneri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is extremely positive, and everyone works extremely well together (in 7 reviews)

• Met lots of great people working here (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's fast paced, so if you're not ready to work hard and give it your all every day, this may not be the place for you (in 7 reviews)

• The positive reviews here are joke (in 7 reviews)

"Okay place"

Current Employee - Client Advocate (Account Manager) in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Advocate (Account Manager) in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, fun coworkers, healthy vertical (new car dealerships), not much micromanaging, adaptable processes, good health insurance, a lot of opportunities to stand out and be recognized

Cons

Outdated products, high client expectations, tough bonus structure, highish workload, lowish pay for the industry and area

Advice to Management

More of our resources need to be put into developing and automating our existing product offerings. Also, I understand budget concerns but outside of sales, compensation is not competitive enough compared to similar companies. Other than those, good job at making this a place I don't hate coming into every morning.

"Making Money, Making Friends"

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great people, really great comp plan, good base salary that jumps based on roles.
    Great opportunity to upsell your accounts (similar to a book of business).
    Have made more money here than anywhere else and have been promoted since I started a year ago.
    I love my co-workers -- truly like family members that I know will be my friends for years. Makes tough days on the phones more bearable.
    Quotas are aggressive for higher roles; but attainable.
    Managers are accessible and helpful. Co-workers share ideas even though we sort of compete.

Cons

Cold calling is never fun but we're able to upsell our own clients with help from the account management team.
    We moved into our own sales area which has been good but also disconnects us from the account managers.
    A bit micromanagey at times but nothing like I had at other companies. Managers want to win and are very competitive and I chalk that up to the micromanage stuff from time to time.

Advice to Management

Need more things to sell.
    Be concerned about competition and try to get ahead with new products.
    Be less concerned about people playing games. Don't want to feel guilty by playing foosball.
    More parking please; this is from everyone. Talk to the building about getting more spots.

Aug 21, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! I appreciate your perspective based on having worked at other companies. I agree that in sales it is the results that count! That’s why we... More

"Love Being Here after 5 Years!"

Current Employee - Program Management
    Current Employee - Program Management

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I know some people get stale at a company after 5 years and get the itch to try something new. Well not me at Digital Air Strike. We have so much going on right now that I don't think I've ever been so excited to be here. With so much innovation going on it almost feels like we are reinventing the company on a frequent basis. From new product launches to technology upgrades to employee benefits programs, DAS has got it is going on! DAS really has a fast-paced, missionary, fun culture that prides itself on bringing passion and ownership to everything we do. The result is it seems like someone on the team is getting promoted or jumping into a new opportunity almost daily. But most important of all are the results we drive for our clients. One of our core values is “Clients Win” and boy do they ever with the amazing people and solutions at Digital Air Strike.

Cons

When you move fast you sometimes may not get it exactly right the 1st time. That’s ok. The key is that DAS has an environment that encourages fast failure and learning from our mistakes. But if you’re a perfectionist who has to have everything just so and hates to get it “wrong”, DAS may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employees like you have over the last few years with training and new benefits options that really impact their lives. Keep striving to go from good to great!

"Love Going Into Work Every Day!"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say that Digital Air Strike is one of those companies where I can say I love getting up in the morning and going to work. The people in this company are energetic and highly committing to doing whatever it takes to get the job done. The atmosphere and start-up culture feel super open and friendly, while the teams all work very well together. Every company has some areas in which they can improve so Digital Air Strike recognizes that fact and actively works towards continuous improvement in all areas of the company. The executive team is focused on ensuring everyone has a voice, building a culture of excellence and creating innovative new products. The technology teams are made up of top-notch engineers working on some bleeding edge services and solutions. The bottom line is that Digital Air Strike is a truly unique company with a great culture, awesome people and a fun place to work.

Cons

Not really a con but we work at a really fast, transparent and focused pace and sometimes that's just not for everyone. I would only advise people who are comfortable making well thought out, independent decisions and those who like to work in a dynamic, transparent, fast paced environment to think about working here because this start-up is the real deal.

Advice to Management

Continue being actively engaged in all areas of the company and continue identifying areas where culture can be improved so you can make Digital Air Strike an even better place to work.

Aug 28, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

Thanks so much for this unsolicited feedback! It is rewarding to hear that you love coming to work and that our goal of creating a great culture is paying off. It is also awesome to have you help... More

"Great money"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am in sales and I perform well so I make great money. I have an amazing sales leadership team that always has my back. We have a solid crew. I get to travel if the company needs me to and we have fun client events.

Cons

Parking could be better some of my coworkers have to park across the street. Other than that, not too much.

Advice to Management

The managers in my department have it down

Aug 21, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing this with us! It is great to hear that the culture is great and you value the leadership team. I hear you on the parking as especially during the summer a shorter walk is always... More

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working here! The company culture is amazing and there are lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

It's a fast paced environment so that can overwhelm some folks.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

Aug 21, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback. You’re right, we are fast-paced which is pretty much a requirement when you work with technology in the social media space. We are... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time

Pros

Digital Air Strike really listens to it's employees and implements new ideas quickly! In the years I've been here, we've grown so much and it just keeps getting better and better to work here. From massages, workouts, company swag, student loan assistance and more, I feel incentivized to work hard and give this company my all. I've been given the ability to grow in this company and expand my roles, and they've really emphasized different ways for each position to find a long term career here and keep progressing. Love the culture and people too, it's such a great and positive environment to work in every day!

Cons

It's fast paced, so if you're not ready to work hard and give it your all every day, this may not be the place for you!

Advice to Management

Really have loved seeing the increase in collaboration and communication across the company! Keep it up!

Aug 21, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

That’s so great that you are enjoying our benefits. It sounds like you have grown and been promoted within our company - I love hearing that. Keep on helping us grow and refer any of your friends... More

"Priorities, priorities, priorities!"

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some of my best friends at DAS. The open environment and casual dress code. The social events. Lots of young people in their first or second job.

Cons

The CEO walks around and forces you (and her managers) to write positive Glassdoor reviews. After any bad review the CEO berates the sales managers and goes on a witchhunt to try to find the culprit. Also, after every bad review there is an incentive to write good ones. Watch...after this is posted see how many "good" reviews are written after. Cold calling auto dealers. There are only 17,000 of them so account conflicts happen all the time. I feel bad for some of our customers who don't get the results that are promised. If the CEO spent more time on the product than about her faux and falsely propped up Glassdoor score we'd probably have better client retention.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about what some of your employees think and worry about your (our) business and making the product better. The only two good sales managers have and are leaving this week. Focus on your own sr management team who are leaving left and right and can't stand the micromanagement.

Sep 25, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

I appreciate that sales is difficult and I’m sorry you are unhappy in your job. As CEO, I have never had a conversation about DAS employee reviews with anyone on the sales team, sales management, nor... More

"Forward Thinking Company"

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely positive, and everyone works extremely well together. I have not see the territorial "turf battles" like at my past company. Communicaton is string between teams and leadership drives us to look to new opportunities for the company to grow. There is no standing still here!

Cons

The company has grown relatively quickly, so there are opportunities to improve efficiencies. That's normal, and not a significant issue.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are pointed!

Aug 25, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

Thanks so much for sharing this great feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoy working at DAS – collaboration and teamwork are definitely important to our success. I agree, we should always be looking... More

"Enjoyable Experience at DAS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Digital Air Strike full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my time of employment I have seen a lot of changes and all of those changes have been for the good. That being said, changes can be rough if you're not used to a start up environment. People see this a negative thing but its something I have experienced in other start ups. But what I have absolutely found to be different at DAS is the culture and the people. This place feels like a family where everyone is friendly, engaging and cares about your well being. 2017 has really been a year of growth with company-wide initiatives to better employees and engagement. From manager training, new opportunities for growth for different departments and multiple different ways for your voice to be heard. From surveys to anniversary lunches with the CEO and executives. I've seen suggestions quickly put into place and steps to work towards others. You even have an opportunity to own and implement your ideas. People talk about products on reviews and those are constantly changing and evolving at DAS to make them better.

Healthcare benefits are better than what a lot of companies offer. Low cost option for an HMO and a couple options for a PPO with low deductibles. Company pays for long term and short term disability which most companies only pay for long term. It shows how they care about the well being of employees to be covered for unexpected events, maternity leave and medical issues. We also have additional perks which are new this year....Student Loan Assistance (for current student loans), Veterinarian discount program and a new travel reduction plan. Half days on Fridays are also nice during the summer.

Cons

Its a fast moving company, some people aren't built for this or have never worked in this type of environment if this is their first job or come from a corporate company. Its not for everyone. Its not for lazy people who do the minimum to get by, it gets noticed!

PTO is extremely basic and that is something I hope changes in the future. A lot of start ups offer flexible schedules and PTO based on someone being successful and business needs. I hope one day this can been seen in employees at DAS as that work/life balance is important. I've seen how if you employ the right people, it makes people work harder and they're more loyal to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and continue to keep making things better. In a year I've seen a lot of new things implemented and that's great. Don't stop!

Also consider that cost of living increases every year, look at more ways for employees to grow in compensation based on performance.

Aug 25, 2017 – Co-Founder and CEO

I very much appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on working at DAS. It is great that you are open to change, which happens frequently when you are part of a social media... More