Digital Brand Architects Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Love Coming to Work"

Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is wonderful, Team is supportive, learning environment, constantly motivated

Cons

nothing, i love waking up and coming to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

2. "Nothing but positive!!"

Current Employee - Talent Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Rewarding both personally and professionally
    - Champions teamwork
    - They want their employees to thrive and learn from each experience
    - Senior Management's doors are always open
    - No matter the title- everyone is valued
    - Opportunity to work with top tier talent, brands and agencies
    - Casual but professional work environment
    - Learn from seasoned professionals from a variety of backgrounds
    - Growth opportunities
    - Work life balance

Cons

If you are not a hardworking individual with a positive outlook, you will not thrive within your role at this company. You are your own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a positive environment at the forefront of the influencer talent management space.

3. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Talent Manager in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Manager in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company allows for major growth and opportunity
    Fantastic and talented clients
    Professional atmosphere yet fun and creative
    Work from home Fridays
    Empowering management team

Cons

Close working quarters (but soon to be moving to a bigger office, in the Pacific Design Center, yay!)

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees to go above and beyond for clients
    Standing desks for employees

5. "Fast Paced & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite thing about being part of DBA is the trust placed on each person to get the job done. DBA is a company filled with reliable and relentless workers, which creates plenty of opportunity to celebrate agency victories.

Cons

DBA is fast paced. So this environment may not be for everyone. A successful team member is a resilient one.

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Content Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Content Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company, so there's a chance to jump into many different projects. Good office location. Fairly good repertoire of brands.

Cons

Horrible management, no respect for employees, people are overworked, under appreciated, spoken to in ways that are appalling. Members of the team were going grey, unable to eat and losing relationships because of stress. There is no guidance and no sense of helping to train and integrate new team members. People barely spoke to me my first couple of weeks and I was always learning of things I should have been doing daily that no one had bothered to tell me about. There is absolutely no respect for the amount of time people put into their work. In my years within the industry I have never had a more negative experience. STAY AWAY. You do not want to work here.

Advice to Management

Employees cannot function if they are receiving constant criticism and no positive reinforcement. No title gives you the right to speak to your employees the way that you do. Frankly, it seems many people in this company speak loudly and rudely to cover up that they don't have anything to back up what they're saying. There will be no employee retention or positive culture until management changes.

7. "Stay Away!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Pay wasn't bad, other wise everything else was bad.

Cons

While I was there almost no staff member talked to me in the first two weeks. I realized it was because my position had a huge turn over rate, and they weren't sure if I would be sticking around. The boss of the NYC office is nice but can be pushy. The Boss for the LA office is such a witch, and she likes to oversee both offices. Kendra comes down 2x a month, she loves to degrade people with snide comments all the times. And can't be bother to say thank you's. You have to stick around for a while for anyone to act remotely human with you. While I was there 8 Account Executives employees left. The turnover is constant at this place. They don't care about their employees, its just a person to fill a spot.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

8. "Terrible People, No Balance"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great client list (when they can keep them, which is rare).

Cons

Have never worked at such an unprofessional, unsupportive and catty environment. I don't accept the "it's the fashion industry!" excuse. The COO is immature, unprofessional and petty. The senior staff over promises to clients and then thrashes the junior staff when they're unable to deliver. The CEO can be lovely but is strategically incompetent and too pushy with clients.

Zero work / life balance and anyone who tries to create that balance in their life is ostracized, given the worst accounts and a complete lack of support. It took me 6+ months after leaving to recover from the terrible treatment.

Their work is also smoke and mirrors - they falsify campaign reports (just make up the numbers! the clients will never know the difference! ) and demand "commission" (kickbacks) from vendor-partners.

All in all, the perfect example of how NOT to run a business.

Advice to Management

Gain some humility and treat your employees better. Whether you like it or not, your employees are the backbone of your company, without them you do not exist. A little respect of work/life balance goes a long way to creating more productive employees and a better work environment.

9. "Solid agency with a promising future."

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

DBA is a team oriented agency that encourages creative thinking and praises hard work.

Cons

Agency life isn't for everyone. No 401K match.

Advice to Management

More perks (and hugs) for junior staff.

"Creative environment + great clients!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very creative atmosphere that's hands on with well known clients. you get to do everything from managing social channels for millions of fans, doing instagram photo shoots, creating massive brand campaigns and working with great budgets to watch your ideas come to life. everything you do is measurable, so you can see the value in your work.

Cons

like all fashion jobs, it's a lot of work and long hours. not everyone's willing to put in what's needed to get the job done at times. insurance is kinda expensive and they dont match 401k.

Advice to Management

hire more staff

11. "Fast paced, challenging work environment and I love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As my one-year anniversary is approaching with DBA I decided to post my review a few weeks earlier. This is my second company that I worked for that would be considered a start up entrepreneurial spirit environment. I had my hesitation at first about work –life balance but I truly believe this has been one of the best decisions for my career. I am constantly challenged with my position, I am working with some the most creative people in this industry, I am in a work environment where my opinions are valued and my work is not routine. I am lucky to have a great career that I learning more and more and developing my skills while balancing my family life. The company is striving and making all efforts to ensure employee satisfaction is met. Health and wellness benefits have in enhanced in 2014, the company has generous time off policy, summer days and Birthday’s off.

Cons

In business there is always room for growth and improvement. I am always impressed by the positive energy that is always looking or the solution for whatever problem that arises. That focus on the bigger picture helps DBA grow as a company.

Advice to Management

More one on one time with junior staff .