Digital Cheetah Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 29, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Aj Tidwell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Moving & Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New focus on a better Product. Strong people being added across teams. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Big changes aren't being communicated clearly enough.

Advice to Management

Let us know when new C level/SVP's start. Tell us the overall plan. Keep the good office environments in offices around the world.

2. "Software QA Associate"

Pros

Very laid-back environment to work. Good place to start if you're looking to get into the tech industry. Great group of people to work with!

Cons

The company itself is lacking direction. They need to re-invest in their employees so that the company can reach new heights. The company has been in business for many years and yet still feels like a start-up.

3. "Resigning was the only logical option!"

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Digital Cheetah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I originally looked forward to a challenging and chaotic environment with lots of opportunity for strategic growth and product development. The pay and benefits were fairly competitive.

Cons

Leadership lacks professionalism and is closed minded to change or growing the business with the times. It's nearly 2020 and they still operate like it's 1999. The company culture is dry and pretty negative. The office is stuffy and gross.

Advice to Management

Retire and hire executives that have more experience and stronger people skills. Hire a Development Manager that has at least some coding experience to manage the development team effectively.

4. "AVOID working here."

I worked at Digital Cheetah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to downtown. SoCo area...kind of. Worked with philanthropic organizations.

Cons

CEO micro managed all client activities to a fault. Leadership suppressed personal opinions and contributions. No trust. CEO is BCC'd on ALL emails. CEO spins truth to clients where it becomes a lie. Ethics are tested. Not the job that was represented in the interview.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Learn to let go. Add employee perks to enable work/life balance.

5. "Passionate about helping our clients"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

• Small company with friendly dedicated staff, everyone seems to enjoy helping each other succeed – unlike some companies I have worked at this is not a dog eat dog culture, but instead each employee helps out each other so that the whole company is successful.
    • Most of the clients are volunteer organizations (like the American Red Cross, Best Friends Animal Society, USO) and you feel like you are really helping the people that need help the most when you deliver your software.
    • Senior management are extremely dedicated to the company and work very long hours. Their focus is very much on delivering the best products that make our clients successful. No one is playing golf here.
    • Due to size of company (around 30) you find yourself working on lots of different jobs and picking up new skills as required, much better than working on the same thing for years.
    • Frequently adopt new technologies when possible – over the last few years they have moved 100% of their environment to the Cloud which was a big undertaking for a 16 year old company built on a propriety system.
    • Autonomy when working on some projects so you get to really focus on building the whole module, not just a piece of it.
    • They are quick to use 3rd party services for products that are not part of their core product niche and there is little sign of “not invented here” syndrome.
    • Offices downtown in the heart of Austin.
    • Benefits and holidays are good for a company this size.
    • Casual dress.
    • The work is challenging and the hours are long.

Cons

• Small company size means sometimes we are stretched a bit thin and there is extra pressure to get things done on tight time schedules. This is almost by definition part of being a small company so unless you work at a big corporation you should expect this at any start-up.
    • There is not a formal career path so if you are looking for that go and work at IBM or the State
    • Sometimes software is delivered with bugs. This has improved a lot over the last 12 months as they have adopted much stricter QA processes and quarterly pushes
    • No advanced courses or conferences for senior developers
    • They were overly reliant on proprietary systems but have slowly but surely been moving to open source systems
    • The work is challenging and the hours are long.

Advice to Management

Keep moving

6. "Pass on this."

Pros

The location (riverside and Congress) is very nice.

Cons

No room for career development
    Micro Management to an Extreme Amount. (Meetings in order to Meet about Meetings)
    Senior Management is constantly disrespectful to staff.
    Terrible Salary compared to similar positions at other companies.
    60% + annual turnover
    No Documentation on Proprietary Software required to accomplish job.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers and get a hobby rather than actively trying to take down your own company.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

You will get to experience just how bad a job, and leadership can be, and be thankful for any other job you ever have.

Cons

No room for growth
    Owners to not trust anyone, and openly talk bad about everyone behind their backs
    pay is below industry standard
    you learn a proprietary software and no skills that you can use anywhere else
    Tons of turn over
    NO TRUST!
    Owners write their own positive glassdoor reviews - look at the pattern and similarities between positive and negative reviews

Advice to Management

Let people do what you hire them to do, take a step back, and put faith in your employees. Don't bog everyone down with useless meetings, and let them own their responsibilities

"Terrible product"

Pros

I do not know of any

Cons

I can't find a place to review Digital Cheetah's substandard product, so I will do it here. I don't think they know what UX is. They base their CMS on Word Press and do not have a clear understanding about databases. They cannot even migrate, let alone manage data. They prey on volunteer organizations that have no clue about technology. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. Do not get sucked in.

Advice to Management

Hire highly qualified devs to revamp your product and pay them well.

"Looking for a rewarding place to work? Come join our coalition!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have an incredible group of fun, smart people that are committed to our clients and their mission to help change the world. It's a really great place to work. I have never been in a company with more dedicated people. If you enjoy a face paced, collaborative work environment and you are passionate about helping people help people, come join our team!

Cons

There is no room for slacking here, so be prepared to contribute every day.

Advice to Management

I love you all! Great leadership. Great culture.

"Stable Environment - Great Management/Employees"

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

Pros

Great working environment. Management is fair and professional. World class clients, which match the company's reputation. Owners are very generous to their employees.

Cons

Can't think of any cons to report.