Digital Edge Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2017

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Petrov

1. "GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Pros

- Professional Work Environment
    - Ability to grow
    - Flexible schedules
    - Great 401k & benefits package
    - Skilled co-workers with great backgrounds, education, and certifications
    - Open-door style of management

Cons

If you do not have the drive to succeed or the willingness to grow professionally, then you will have a very difficult time fitting into the DE culture.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to push your team to learn and grow, and to please continue to be supportive to those who come. Thank you for always having an open door to your employees.

"Be weary of working here."

Former Employee - Systems Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Systems Support Specialist

I worked at Digital Edge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commute for the islanders. Plenty of parking space.

Cons

No growth path unless you fit a social agenda, poor treatment of tech ops employees, employs foreign contractors, minimal benefits, symbolic bonuses. Every issue is critical. Boss is a bully. Old employees pick up the slack and get no thanks in return. "No time for training" except for occasional "meetings" with very senior management making petty office talk irrelevant. Old office with outdated computers and unhealthy furniture. Office poorly organized, no temperature control, dirty, no windows, has a "kitchen area" with soup bowls but no sink. Hostile work environment, mostly coming from the abusive boss. Chaotic hand-offs between shifts making employees miserable, feeling trapped, depressing environment in addition to high stress.

3. "I proud to be part of Digital Edge"

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Edge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I fill really comfortable to work for this company.

Cons

I work for Digital Edge almost 6 years and can say no bad words.

5. "Great to work"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Digital Edge full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. You can learn from us. You will be working with very complex backend technologies
    2. You can grow with us if there is right synergy.
    3. You will have lots of freedom if you know how to manage your work and keep clients happy.
    4. You will enjoy relating to the client confiscation produced by the team.
    4. You will be a friend

Cons

1. You can grow with us only if there is a synergy. We do certain things our way and not everybody accept or understand it.
    2. The work is hard (but interesting).
    3. You would have to work.

"An experience to remember"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Edge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out interning 2 days a week and began to work there regularly after a few months. This place offered great work life balance for my position. You can work remotely when necessary. You are given independence. Company outings were fun. It's a comfortable work environment where you have your own space. Though the C level execs are a little rigid, I believe they're actually decent people who mean well. I didn't fit in this company culturally and I had a lot to learn, but they gave me a chance and I appreciate everything I got from them. I didn't know this at the time but you have a lot of opportunity to really shine in this position if you really take initiative because no one solely focuses on marketing but you. This was my first marketing position so it was challenging, especially since the industry of business tech was way out of my comfort zone. I was still able to learn a lot and for that I am grateful. This position really showed me that communications was something I wanted to do long term and I have been very successful in my field since leaving this particular discipline (tech). So in many ways I can attribute some the great successes I've had in my career to this experience.

Cons

I can only reflect on my own experience. I joined this program to learn, not as a seasoned professional. My direct supervisor was amazing but she was overworked and didn't have much time to teach me new things. Upper management was focused on the company's core deliverables so you will do a lot of winging it and figuring out things on your own. This is good and bad. When I had down time I sometimes did research on the job on their computer and read books about marketing b2b tactics but this wasn't received well by management. They were very particular about everything I submitted. Sometimes it would take weeks and weeks to complete projects that could have taken a few days but there were so many revisions and back and forth between management.

Advice to Management

A formal internship program could be beneficial. Gratitude and kindness go a long way and makes people feel more comfortable when doing their job. Trust the people you employ.

7. "Compliance"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Digital Edge as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Room for Growth: Was hired for a 3 month internship resulting in full-time employment.

Receptive to Feedback: Senior Management is open to suggestions for improvement outside of formal performance evaluations.

Flexibility: Excellent work-life balance

Mentorship: Senior Management takes time to answer questions and provide constructive feedback.

Exposure & Depth: Opportunity to take on multiple roles, and enriching the job to include functions traditionally career out by higher levels of an organization.

Can honestly say this company kick-started my career and was instrumental in my professional development.

Cons

Compensation is nothing to brag about, but can be expected for entry-level positions in similar sized businesses.

"You don't want to work here!"

Pros

- exposure to various technologies
    - excellent opportunity to train high tolerance against intimidation

Cons

- you are just a piece of junk here

"System Administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Digital Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very hands on. There is alot to learn and sometimes very overwhelm.

Cons

Very low salary, heavy duty workload, very long hours with rotating shift, including weekend. They is no such thing as overtime pay or comp time if they need you to cover. Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Management need to be more supportive isn't of tell us to suck it up

"System Administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big data center, so you will be able to get in touch with different Servers (HP, DELL..) and technologies, mixed Windows/Linux environment. Employees are OK, except "old" employees that are watching cartoons all day. Good place to just get a feel of Data Center and get away from there.

Cons

Extremely extensive hours (I even had 24 hours work from home which is against the law), manipulative management, absolutely no room for advancement, very fast people change rate except for 4-5 core people, compensation below Industry Standard. NOC team gets 80% of the job done. Totally unfair job distribution. It should be your last resort, do not even plan to stay more than couple of months.

Advice to Management

I think you can see everything from Pros and Cons about the Management and Company course.

11. "Business Solutions Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Digital Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is necesary a full set of tool to perform de job as ITIL, COBIT, Zachman, BPM, always learning the state of the art of Business software solutions

Cons

not enough people for deploying the proyects