Digital Firefly Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Digital Firefly Marketing Reviews

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Cashman

1. "Forward thinking and goal driven group"

Current Employee - Director of Design in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Design in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Digital Firefly Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of your individual success at Digital Firefly is driven by your ability to be self-motivated. You gain responsibility by simply taking on more of it, picking up slack where ever it presents itself. There are open lines of communication from every staff member, all the way up to the CEO. We are all treated as experts within our field and relied upon as so. The management system here is rather horizontal, and while there are team directors, each employee is both encouraged and expected to perform at high level of discipline. There is a great opportunity to be heard, in terms of growth idea, product ideas, and management improvements.

Cons

We are a startup, so there are inherent challenges in being a young company. Business always comes in peaks and valleys, but John always encourages us to enjoy the calm before the storm by working on project that boost our individual style and creativity. Also reflective of our youth, we are still honing in on our best-practice techniques around the concepts of software, cross-department communication, and CRM. The compensation is a bit conservative, but John is very aware of the value each employee is to the company.

May 8, 2014 – CEO

One of the great things we have seen is while the company is young, we see a lot of our employees take on a lot of responsibility very early on. This is great to let the company scale, but can be ... More

2. "I've been at Digital Firefly Marketing for 4 months, and I love this job!"

Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Digital Firefly Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing, up-and-coming full service digital marketing company. The company started a couple of years ago, and is growing very quickly. There are plenty of opportunities to grow, and learn with this company. I would highly recommend Digital Firefly for anyone interested in website services, reputation management, search engine optimization, or social media.

Cons

As with any young company there is a certain level of risk involved.

Advice to Management

Continue along the path you're on. As your business grows, continue to expand your services, (reputation management, strategic internet marketing, etc.).

May 8, 2014 – CEO

Every startup has some amount of risk. Luckily we have been able to mitigate our risk by increasing the number of clients so we are not putting our eggs in one basket.

3. "Great Company but needs some bigger salaries"

Current Employee - President and Chief Executive Officer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - President and Chief Executive Officer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Digital Firefly Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great and young company founded only 18 months ago in Princeton NJ. They are gaining a number of clients across the United States and growing very quickly

Cons

The only con at this point is that as the company is very young they are not spending a lot of money on salaries. The CEO has stated that this will improve as cash flows improve.

5. "Semi-fast paced setting with broad experience exposure"

Pros

Great opportunity to work in a semi-fast paced setting to gain exposure to all realms of digital marketing, despite your department

Cons

high work load to benefit ratio

Dec 13, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your perspective. One of the things I always stress is my door is open to any employee at Digital Firefly-- either through email or over the phone. I encourage all employees to ... More

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Current Employee - Developer in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I have been working at Digital Firefly Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. You are given a lot of responsibility early and the CEO takes a lot of time to get everyone's input. The culture is also team based so we work together a lot to make sure projects are done on time and budget.

Cons

Salaries are small because the company is still growing. Because it is a startup , there is also a level of risk because the company is still growing. However, after almost three years of solid growth, the company is looking less risky.