Digital Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Jose Resendiz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A definite respect for work life balance and an understanding that family comes first (in 10 reviews)

• Work from home option once in a while (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not nearly enough transparency coming down from our parent company (in 5 reviews)

• Product Management has a tendency to commit to more content than Product Development teams can deliver (in 3 reviews)

"Work experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work culture is very nice. They encourage and gives you a different opportunity to grow.

Cons

You need keep yourself engage in latest technology. You need to be very passionate to learn and adopt new skills .

"NCR ruined the culture"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some solid people still hanging in, good product.

Cons

Bureaucratic culture (NCR) makes it impossible to get work done. People leaving and constant management shake ups mean your goals and priorities change before you can accomplish anything.

Some brash and rude people who will never get removed.

Advice to Management

Much less focus on processes and structures and more on empowering your employees. When your people are spending days trying to track down the right person to give permission to another person to assign an expense report to someone else, they won't have the energy or desire to go above and beyond in their actual job.

"Sr Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pastry, Fruit, and Refreshments every Friday.
    The company at least gives lip service to Agile processes.

Cons

Deadlines are arbitrary and set by management with little or no analysis. The members of the team were strong and productive, yet manager had impossible expectations and downgraded entire team on performance reviews causing them to lose yearly bonuses.

Advice to Management

It is not enough to claim that Agile is in use. The Agile philosophy must be used.

"Digital Insight, NCR review"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make a an honest salary

Cons

Digital Insight is completely disorganized; Especially since there brought out by NCR and the networks are not in synced . I work for there so called IT department and to be quite it feels like you are apart of the day to day hassle when dealing with internal and external customer - This is extremely unprecedented. Besides the new laptop that is funded by NCR, the equipment is very old. Also, they have a process that is like no other and not in a good way. For example, just to reach there servers you have to climb through so many loops. And trust me there is no way to get the job done without getting to their out-dated servers. Be aware that they have gotten rid of there whole team and you be apart of a new team with an outdated process. A process that requires 3 month of agonizing training. And lastly, if you don't smile and laugh with everyone in digital insight, they will TERMINATE you with no warning - trust me, I have a friend who got let go because he was not considered a "Team Player". And trust me, this guy is smart person.

Advice to Management

Establish a controlled environment. Treat others with respect.

"Declining enviornment"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better than average products and services.
    Good management on the DI side
    Not a lot of office politics or drama
    Flexible work schedule. Managers focus on quality and quantity of work and if you're doing your job they aren't micromanaging you.
    Policies and procedures are pretty solid
    Customer training is good

Cons

We've been bought out a few times in the last few years and we've suffered for it. Many of the best engineers and leaders have left for other opportunities. Benefits have been significantly reduced, but are still acceptable. Company terminating jobs in California and relocating or rehiring the positions in GA were NCR is headquartered.
    Employee training has regressed from when I started, its mostly learn as you go and from peers with access to customer product training to learn about the products.

All and all its still a decent place to work but I'm growing increasingly concerned as things continue to go downhill the last few years and I'm hoping that trend starts to reverse. My current confidence that NCR is going to make good decisions for Digital Insight is not high.

"Not Good"

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

No Pros, lost job to save money for the company.

Cons

Company that bought us, NCR, taking the company to GA, many lost jobs.

"Software Support"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

The people, you will never find a better group of devoted and passionate employees to work with. I count myself lucky to be working with people that consistently challenge you in positive ways to go further and be better.

Cons

Digital Insight is slowly dying. The company was purchased by a hardware company that is going through growing pains of transforming into a software company. The culture and the people is what made DI a leader in innovation, and support. While there is a strategic need to move operations and build jobs in Georgia to fill seats in a new building, loosing the talent and the heartbeat of what made DI a great place to work will bleed into the client experience.

Advice to Management

Removing the entire support organization at one time, may not be in the best interest of the client experience.

"Great People, Disorganized Process"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Digital Insight are generally friendly, outgoing and helpful. For the time I have worked here, the support structure in place to help clarify any questions customers have is among the best I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Digital Insight (DI) has a substantial issue when it comes to organizing procedures that ensure projects flow smoothly. Whether it is online banking projects or mobile app projects, DI can leave customers disappointed due to the lack of organization and processes in place.

Advice to Management

Put in place clear processes that allow for customers to be serviced appropriately. The management team needs to understand that happy customers are THE primary responsibility, since they are the ones using our products. Having disorganization only fans the flames of customers who have already gone through a number of projects with chaotic results.

9. "Good company to work for"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Domain, employees, work culture, team dynamics

Cons

constant management change sometimes kill the team dynamics

10. "Coordinator"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Cool ambience and has Google-inspired culture.

Cons

Takes too long to get permanent.