Digital Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jose Resendiz

Pros
Cons
  • Not nearly enough transparency coming down from our parent company (in 5 reviews)

• This has caused a stressful work environment due to burnout (in 3 reviews)

"Intuit took a chunk of flesh, NCR is the death blow."

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Was a good opportunity to work on a larger and more modern technology stack than many companies. Old Digital Insight was full of young talented and driven employee's that worked hard and played hard after hours.

Cons

Was purchased by Intuit, then sold to NCR. Intuit mismanaged DI horribly but they weren't cheap.

The new parent company NCR is cheap in everything they do, to the point where they make bad decisions.
     - Endless cost-cutting, layoffs, and worsening benefits and almost nonexistent bonus's.
    - I suspect all the California offices will be closed in 2 years.
    - This is not a good place to work. They are both bureaucratic and slow, yet cheap with no idea how to run a financial software business and keep or hire talent.
    - Mangers are looking out for themselves only.
    - They are hiring 3rd string employee's because that all they can get now.
    - People with any options are jumping off this sinking ship... left and right.

Advice to Management

NCR needs to just sell Digital Insight.

"Purchased for "culture", getting rid of everything else"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay. The commute is very short for where I live. Most people are friendly and helpful. Hours have been pretty flexible.

Cons

The technology stack is very very old and the attempts to make it better are just making it old. There's a lot of tribal knowledge and finding documentation can involve digging through a lot of sources. NCR has greatly reduced the benefits and compensation and they just don't compare to other companies.

Advice to Management

Not sure what to say. Focus on code quality. Do a better job with "employee engagement". Try not to send out contradictory emails in a row.

"Digital lack of insight"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The teams are all friendly and relatively stress free. There is a cafeteria and gym near the building. There are company-paid team-building outings, typically a lunch. Free bagels on Friday. With all the layoffs, there is some room for advancement.

Cons

When it comes to front-end (client-side) development, they are behind every competitor by at least 5 years and unlikely to change in the next year.

Large number of outsourced temps from India who stick to them selves, but are other wise competent and friendly.

Managers seem to be in panic mode from layoffs, starting insane projects like needlessly rewriting the entire front-end code from scratch (ensuring job security for the years it will take at the expense of pragmatic changes to at least make the banking software responsive, etc).

Very bad attitudes toward front-end development, which is to be expected considering they're just now transitioning off of GWT!

You'd be joining a software shop which has undergone severe brain drain. If at a management level, you have the chance to truly make a saving impact on the company, but at a lower level... be prepared to fight for positive change.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that you just hire an outside agency to bring your front-end up to modern standards. The people internally who've let the problem go on this long aren't going to be able to fix it.

"After acquisitions, it is just not the same great place it used to be..."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with is about the only place that keeps me here anymore.

Cons

Since the acquisition by NCR, the spirit of DI has been killed. Our office in Norcross recently relocated to the Duluth headquarters and it has just made it w4orse. We were told they wanted us to share our culture and work life approach but they have honestly squeezed all the fun out of work. Leadership and change management practices are some of the worst I have experienced in my 25+ years in the workplace. I could not in good conscience recommend this place to anyone for work unless you just needed a pay check.

Advice to Management

Well I would say you can turn it around if you showed any compassion for your employees but I know that would just fall on deaf ears. Time and time again they demonstrate little care for their employees. I have always said the company is only a reflection of the leadership so in this case if I stay true to that, leadership here is not good at all.

"Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee -
    Current Employee -

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

A solid product suite, a good history in the industry, good people to work with and a flexible telecommute policy

Cons

NCR is old and stuck in the past. DI was a nimble, innovative company but is getting sucked down into the NCR quicksand.

Advice to Management

To attract innovative new talent and keep existing talent from leaving, you really need to let DI keep its own identity.

"There is more bad than good here."

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fringe benefits; casual dress code, able to work remotely one day a week and plenty of OT if you want it.

Cons

The management, the micro-managing they constantly engage in, the skillful way they twist facts to fit their agenda, the high turnover rate and the team priorities that shifted daily.

Advice to Management

Treat your professionals like adults. In return, they will behave like adults and may even stay with the company.

"Leaving by the dozens"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great culture although it differs greatly between the office locations
    - Decent work life balance
    - Innovative products to work with

Cons

- Acquisitions have left the company without an identity
    - Lack of vision and long term plan
    - Low career mobility

Advice to Management

Get some leadership in place quick.

"Digital Insight, not your fathers company."

Pros

It's acquisition by Intuit allows opportunities to change where you work without changing your employer. Intuit has places around the country so you can move geography without having to change health plans.
    The health plans, and health savings accounts are a nice touch.

Cons

Management could not find their way out of a wet paper bag. The chronic incompetence of the VP's should be legendary.
    The infighting in the company is staggering, as is the lack of ability to plan for the future.
    One VP came in and then left in about 90 days to return to his old position. I suspect he had meant to stay because he sold his house before he moved to California, but left DI as fast as possible anyway.
    Some VP's had one report, and only reported to our President. How can you need a VP if they only have one report?!

Advice to Management

Get a plan, and start promoting competence NOW. Fire the idiots, not just the people who are expensive on the payroll. Two fools don't cost the same as one wise man, the fools cost you more every time you listen to them.

"Hopeful of Change for the Better"

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

Pros

Great benefits since we are now part of Intuit. Being a part of Intuit and having their philosophy start to trickle into our business is a step in the right direction. Intuit doesn't like to have things just lie around implementing the status quo. They are very focused on innovation and set a direction after thorough analysis and then its all-hand on deck to make it happen. We are hopeful that this type of process template will have great benefits for DI and raising the moral & motivation of the employees.

Cons

Lack of direction from our segment leadership. They have no concept of boundaries with the client and thus lack total discipline.

Advice to Management

Have a discipline to set and keep priorities.

"Unhappy place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Its 2007 acquisition by Intuit

Cons

Very little room for professional advancement

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and act on employee satisfaction survey results