Digital Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 26, 2017

2.0
Jose Resendiz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A definite respect for work life balance and an understanding that family comes first (in 10 reviews)

• Work from home option once in a while (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not nearly enough transparency coming down from our parent company (in 5 reviews)

• Product Management has a tendency to commit to more content than Product Development teams can deliver (in 3 reviews)

"NCR ruined the culture"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some solid people still hanging in, good product.

Cons

Bureaucratic culture (NCR) makes it impossible to get work done. People leaving and constant management shake ups mean your goals and priorities change before you can accomplish anything.

Some brash and rude people who will never get removed.

Advice to Management

Much less focus on processes and structures and more on empowering your employees. When your people are spending days trying to track down the right person to give permission to another person to assign an expense report to someone else, they won't have the energy or desire to go above and beyond in their actual job.

"Digital Insight, NCR review"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make a an honest salary

Cons

Digital Insight is completely disorganized; Especially since there brought out by NCR and the networks are not in synced . I work for there so called IT department and to be quite it feels like you are apart of the day to day hassle when dealing with internal and external customer - This is extremely unprecedented. Besides the new laptop that is funded by NCR, the equipment is very old. Also, they have a process that is like no other and not in a good way. For example, just to reach there servers you have to climb through so many loops. And trust me there is no way to get the job done without getting to their out-dated servers. Be aware that they have gotten rid of there whole team and you be apart of a new team with an outdated process. A process that requires 3 month of agonizing training. And lastly, if you don't smile and laugh with everyone in digital insight, they will TERMINATE you with no warning - trust me, I have a friend who got let go because he was not considered a "Team Player". And trust me, this guy is smart person.

Advice to Management

Establish a controlled environment. Treat others with respect.

"Not Good"

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

No Pros, lost job to save money for the company.

Cons

Company that bought us, NCR, taking the company to GA, many lost jobs.

"Software Support"

I worked at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

The people, you will never find a better group of devoted and passionate employees to work with. I count myself lucky to be working with people that consistently challenge you in positive ways to go further and be better.

Cons

Digital Insight is slowly dying. The company was purchased by a hardware company that is going through growing pains of transforming into a software company. The culture and the people is what made DI a leader in innovation, and support. While there is a strategic need to move operations and build jobs in Georgia to fill seats in a new building, loosing the talent and the heartbeat of what made DI a great place to work will bleed into the client experience.

Advice to Management

Removing the entire support organization at one time, may not be in the best interest of the client experience.

"Intuit took a chunk of flesh, NCR is the death blow."

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Was a good opportunity to work on a larger and more modern technology stack than many companies. Old Digital Insight was full of young talented and driven employee's that worked hard and played hard after hours.

Cons

Was purchased by Intuit, then sold to NCR. Intuit mismanaged DI horribly but they weren't cheap.

The new parent company NCR is cheap in everything they do, to the point where they make bad decisions.
     - Endless cost-cutting, layoffs, and worsening benefits and almost nonexistent bonus's.
    - I suspect all the California offices will be closed in 2 years.
    - This is not a good place to work. They are both bureaucratic and slow, yet cheap with no idea how to run a financial software business and keep or hire talent.
    - Mangers are looking out for themselves only.
    - They are hiring 3rd string employee's because that all they can get now.
    - People with any options are jumping off this sinking ship... left and right.

Advice to Management

NCR needs to just sell Digital Insight.

"Purchased for "culture", getting rid of everything else"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay. The commute is very short for where I live. Most people are friendly and helpful. Hours have been pretty flexible.

Cons

The technology stack is very very old and the attempts to make it better are just making it old. There's a lot of tribal knowledge and finding documentation can involve digging through a lot of sources. NCR has greatly reduced the benefits and compensation and they just don't compare to other companies.

Advice to Management

Not sure what to say. Focus on code quality. Do a better job with "employee engagement". Try not to send out contradictory emails in a row.

"Digital lack of insight"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The teams are all friendly and relatively stress free. There is a cafeteria and gym near the building. There are company-paid team-building outings, typically a lunch. Free bagels on Friday. With all the layoffs, there is some room for advancement.

Cons

When it comes to front-end (client-side) development, they are behind every competitor by at least 5 years and unlikely to change in the next year.

Large number of outsourced temps from India who stick to them selves, but are other wise competent and friendly.

Managers seem to be in panic mode from layoffs, starting insane projects like needlessly rewriting the entire front-end code from scratch (ensuring job security for the years it will take at the expense of pragmatic changes to at least make the banking software responsive, etc).

Very bad attitudes toward front-end development, which is to be expected considering they're just now transitioning off of GWT!

You'd be joining a software shop which has undergone severe brain drain. If at a management level, you have the chance to truly make a saving impact on the company, but at a lower level... be prepared to fight for positive change.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that you just hire an outside agency to bring your front-end up to modern standards. The people internally who've let the problem go on this long aren't going to be able to fix it.

"After acquisitions, it is just not the same great place it used to be..."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with is about the only place that keeps me here anymore.

Cons

Since the acquisition by NCR, the spirit of DI has been killed. Our office in Norcross recently relocated to the Duluth headquarters and it has just made it w4orse. We were told they wanted us to share our culture and work life approach but they have honestly squeezed all the fun out of work. Leadership and change management practices are some of the worst I have experienced in my 25+ years in the workplace. I could not in good conscience recommend this place to anyone for work unless you just needed a pay check.

Advice to Management

Well I would say you can turn it around if you showed any compassion for your employees but I know that would just fall on deaf ears. Time and time again they demonstrate little care for their employees. I have always said the company is only a reflection of the leadership so in this case if I stay true to that, leadership here is not good at all.

"Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee -
    Current Employee -

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

A solid product suite, a good history in the industry, good people to work with and a flexible telecommute policy

Cons

NCR is old and stuck in the past. DI was a nimble, innovative company but is getting sucked down into the NCR quicksand.

Advice to Management

To attract innovative new talent and keep existing talent from leaving, you really need to let DI keep its own identity.

"There is more bad than good here."

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fringe benefits; casual dress code, able to work remotely one day a week and plenty of OT if you want it.

Cons

The management, the micro-managing they constantly engage in, the skillful way they twist facts to fit their agenda, the high turnover rate and the team priorities that shifted daily.

Advice to Management

Treat your professionals like adults. In return, they will behave like adults and may even stay with the company.