Digital Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Digital Insight Reviews

Jose Resendiz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A definite respect for work life balance and an understanding that family comes first (in 10 reviews)

• Work from home option once in a while (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not nearly enough transparency coming down from our parent company (in 5 reviews)

"Declining enviornment"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better than average products and services.
    Good management on the DI side
    Not a lot of office politics or drama
    Flexible work schedule. Managers focus on quality and quantity of work and if you're doing your job they aren't micromanaging you.
    Policies and procedures are pretty solid
    Customer training is good

Cons

We've been bought out a few times in the last few years and we've suffered for it. Many of the best engineers and leaders have left for other opportunities. Benefits have been significantly reduced, but are still acceptable. Company terminating jobs in California and relocating or rehiring the positions in GA were NCR is headquartered.
    Employee training has regressed from when I started, its mostly learn as you go and from peers with access to customer product training to learn about the products.

All and all its still a decent place to work but I'm growing increasingly concerned as things continue to go downhill the last few years and I'm hoping that trend starts to reverse. My current confidence that NCR is going to make good decisions for Digital Insight is not high.

"Great People, Disorganized Process"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Digital Insight are generally friendly, outgoing and helpful. For the time I have worked here, the support structure in place to help clarify any questions customers have is among the best I've seen anywhere.

Cons

Digital Insight (DI) has a substantial issue when it comes to organizing procedures that ensure projects flow smoothly. Whether it is online banking projects or mobile app projects, DI can leave customers disappointed due to the lack of organization and processes in place.

Advice to Management

Put in place clear processes that allow for customers to be serviced appropriately. The management team needs to understand that happy customers are THE primary responsibility, since they are the ones using our products. Having disorganization only fans the flames of customers who have already gone through a number of projects with chaotic results.

3. "Digital Insight"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Digital Insight as a contractor

Pros

Was a fun place to work, at first.

Cons

Management belittles employees while refusing to help with the task at hand.

"Professional Services"

Pros

The Leadership team cares tremendously about the employees. There are a lot of very good people working hard for the customer.

Cons

Integration into any company is a challenge and that's the case of DI's integration to NCR. They have fairly different cultures making the integration a challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep up the effort

"Was great until NCR bought us."

Former Employee - Long Time Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Long Time Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close, family atmosphere if you're in the right group. Nice location and the ability to grow and learn new things.

Cons

Benefits were reduced, raises reduced, bonuses cancelled and morale is through the floor due to layoffs and the constant feeling of impending layoffs.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to management as they are so far removed from reality and what is really going on with the people actually doing the work. And most of the edicts are coming from NCR corporate in GA anyways. They have made it clear that they don't want to be doing business in CA because it is too expensive so it's only a matter of time until the new HQ is built and everything gets moved to GA.

"Systems Administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

helped enable the growth of Internet Banking and fintech

Cons

constantly decreasing employee benefits and support

"Digital\NCR"

Pros

Good atmosphere great people to work

Cons

Being merged with parent company NCR

Advice to Management

Management is kept in the dark by higher ups

"Good ideas, poor execution"

Pros

Company was focused on innovation when they were part of Intuit, always looking to push the envelope and try new ideas

Cons

Being innovative was one thing, but they couldn't execute. Way too much time focusing on shiny new things and not solidifying the offering. Trying new things that typically failed was rewarded far more than delivery. Product offering has not changed much in the last few years and i haven't seen a change with the move to NCR.

Advice to Management

Focus on delivery to gain customer's trust and show true improvement

"Could be better. NCR making it worse."

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before NCR changes kick in (2016) benefits were great and included gym reimbursement, pet insurance, and even a transit FSA. Great 401(k) match. Culture of innovation. Great remote work policy.

Cons

NCR changes kick in 2016 and will result in a cut in bonus, cut in 401(k) match, cut in benefits. Recently had layoffs to restructure and send employees to Scotland or India.
    Tribal knowledge is rampant and everyone is so afraid of losing their job no one wants to give up their knowledge. Old time employees not willing to change or improve. Management not investing enough in staffing resulting in overworked teams with zero to no time for documentation.
    There is a major discrepancy in work environment based on location. Redwood is spoiled with a "startup" mentality, free food, and all the fun goodies. Duluth (formerly Norcross) was forced to move into open office space from previous location. WLV office is pretty bland with little to no interaction of departments. People keep to themselves.
    Very little communication regarding major business changes and no employee input. Decision is made and action taken. Take it or leave.
    They've gone corporate. Ratings based on post NCR integration.

Advice to Management

Bring the startup culture to all the offices. Invest more in employees like you say you do. The message is you invest in employees but the truth is if I work on self improvement my duties fall behind - unless I work at home at night.
    Put your money where your mouth is. Communicate change better. There are great opportunities to advance and shine through innovation and code jams but no one has time to participate due to being overworked.

Digital Insight Response

Oct 12, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience at Digital Insight hasn’t met your expectations. We are taking your feedback and sharing it with... More

"Future unknown"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and friendly staff. Flexible environment. Good compensation. Desire to "do right" by employee. Did its best to maintain "great place to work" type status after company was sold three times in one year.

Cons

Lots of uncertainty and unknowns since acquisition by NCR around benefits, jobs, etc. Need better career paths for employees.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your Silicon Valley roots to retain staff and recruit new staff.