Digital Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jay Sunny Bajaj

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "As a retired Army Officer, I enjoy the work environment, teamwork and the excellent morale of the employees" (in 15 reviews)

• "Cutting edge project work, work/life balance is real here, the benefits are strong, I love my co-workers and all of the events for the employees" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "It has been a hard working few years while the divisions have come together as one, but it is really beginning to take shape in 2016" (in 8 reviews)

• "High turnover of the best employees" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great benefits and work culture"

I have been working at Digital Management full-time

Pros

work from home, jeans on mondays, tolerant work culture

Cons

no cons to think of

2. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Digital Management full-time

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

Path to promotion is not defined.

"Paid Silence"

Current Employee - Technical Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Digital Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are on the high end of the industry for specific hot technical skill sets

Cons

Leadership does not care about consultants and creates adversarial relationship between leadership and the consultants
    No defined purpose for role in the company

"Cover Your Self/Watch Your Back"

I worked at Digital Management full-time

Pros

Their aren't any. Sad huh?

Cons

Where do I begin? The management is dumb, blind and naive. They only care about themselves and have no clue how HR, Recruiting and Benefits run (which is poor by the way). They need to clean house in those departments because upper management is incompetent and are out for blood. They will look you in the eyes, and lie straight to you to save face. Job security is laughable. Their isn't any of that.

When other department managers go to the CEO and CFO to tell them just how poorly HR is run, they ignore it without taking actions to ensure their company is in good hands. This to me, is disgusting. The turnover rate at DMI is TOO HIGH, and your job IS NOT SAFE HERE. DO NOT APPLY.

Advice to Management

clean house - starting with HR . Then maybe your turnover rate won't be as high, and you can count on good people with a good sense of morals and ethics. The people back their don't know the meaning of loyalty or empathy. Who wants to work for people like that? Clearly you are okay with how poor your company is ran by the leadership you have hired and continue to employ.

If you want better results, hire new.

"People don't leave companies - they leave management"

5. "Great leadership"

I worked at Digital Management full-time

Pros

family friendly, great bosses, solid salaries

Cons

don't have jobs everywhere, somewhat limited in that regard

"Reply Hazy, Try Again..."

I have been working at Digital Management full-time

Pros

DMI is really two companies, Federal and Commercial. Federal employees are mainly contractors who go to work at government sites. Commercial division is about 5 years old. Fun company, lots of hustle, movers and shakers can get recognized and promoted, some early-to-market advantage for commercial offering ("end-to-end mobility services") due to smart acquisitions and strategy.

Cons

For a company that helps other companies with digital transformation, tech at DMI is a constant struggle for employees. I have dozens of passwords because there is no single sign-on. I had to get my manager to intervene to get a MAC laptop (I was initially given a slow Lenovo that didn't even have a solid state drive). Maybe I should have taken the PC though because the helpdesk doesn't know anything about MACs so I am on my own. Mail goes down all the time. They have no unified messaging (some people on Lync, some on Slack, some on Zoom, some on Skype, some on GoToMeeting, argh!)

Advice to Management

We need some real leadership on tech internally. I don't think we even have a CTO or CIO. The IT group seems rudderless and too paralyzed by oldthink and budget shortfalls to make meaningful change. We talk a good game to our customers, but need to digitally transform ourselves. We are kind of like this really great auto mechanic whose personal car is always broken down.

Also, there has been a real erosion of benefits since I started here. This does not bode well for retention and recruitment in a very competitive jobs marketplace. We risk losing our best performers and getting more and more deadwood build-up.

"Run for the hills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearneysville, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kearneysville, WV

I have been working at Digital Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fleixble hours and competitive pay

Cons

Management is TERRIBLE. I work on the APLES contract in Kearneysville and they have no clue how to manage people or the project. They promote and protect the worst among us, and allow bullying and improper management techniques to continue without pause. People don't leave positions, people leave managers, and DMI has a consistent exit of talented employees. I strongly encourage everyone to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Start at the top and replace the entire APLES Management Team. Promote the hard working and fair people running the project level tasking, who haven't become too big for their britches and still care about more than a title and salary.

8. "Marketing"

I worked at Digital Management full-time

Pros

Great team members, opportunity to take ownership

Cons

Lack of vision and lots of turnover

Digital Management Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Associate Vice President - Human Capital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at DMIfeedback@dminc.com

9. "Very average company"

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at Digital Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just average fairly profit making company. Offers very average salary. Average benefits.

Cons

No salary hike
    Big No if you are on any visa - as per recent HR policy, company will not pay for legal fees if you are stuck in immigration quagmire.

10. "Working for DMI"

I have been working at Digital Management full-time

Pros

DMI is very dynamic consulting firm offering opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

The variety of technology opportunities may interfere with true mastery of any one technology