Digital Media Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Digital Media Services CEO Jeff Louisot
Jeff Louisot

"A Nice Place to Work"

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time

Pros

Friendly staff. Competitive salary.

Cons

Nothing stands out. I was treated well.

Digital Media Services2017-12-09

"If You Like to Feel Incompetent.... Then This Is the Place For You!"

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the people who work at DMS formerly Duplication Services, are great people with a lot of experience and knowledge about the industry. These people are are huge asset to be around because you can learn from them, and make great friends.

Cons

The New Management Circa July 2017 - They do not care about their employees. They are rude, in cases, verbally abusive to their employees. Execs making decisions about how the company should run have little knowledge of how certain things function, and create counterproductive rules. There is no true, neutral HR - the COO is also HR and it is a conflict of interest. Execs show favoritism to heads of departments, and... then prattle on about treating everyone the same. There is a complete communication breakdown between departments, and between management and employees. Execs care only for certain clients, not all clients. Morale is low and execs will ask why and disregard the answer. Execs will also disregard years of experience their personnel have, nor do they do show trust in their employees. It has become the goal of many employers to please management, or not get in trouble instead of focusing on their actual job. The old management may have been a bit loose, but they respected their employees and showed trust - they also knew how the industry worked. People liked showing up for work then, now people show up until they have a new job…. some pray to get fired.

Advice to Management

There is a way to be stern that is not completely demoralizing or degrading - perhaps you should get certified in human resources. Ask your employees their opinions about the jobs they are doing, because they are the ones doing them and have the actual experience. Most of them are not novice. Try a compliment now and again. Rules and structure are great and necessary but maybe not shoving them down everyone's... throat and being flexible with circumstances.

Digital Media Services2018-12-03

"They Need an HR Rep at the NY office"

Current Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Media Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great clients and interesting jobs come through the office daily.

Cons

Managers completely abuses their technological rights at the company, by being manipulated and listening to complete lies and rumors made by other older employees. The management on the 5th Floor all foster an unprofessional work environment by planking and gossiping daily about non work related information about other employees and spreading it around with other employees causing a problematic work environment.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the investors is to actually just get rid of all the management residing in the NY office and start afresh with individuals with not only experience but also integrity and communicative leadership skills that is required for these positions. If that’s not an option, then the current managers need to be retrained , so that the team can actually gain some day to day structure. The CEO and CPIO are... doing a great job for implementing professionalism,the other managers need to get onboard.

Digital Media Services2018-06-14

"A lot of lay offs without any notice or severance"

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the line of work I did. I liked my coworkers and immediate supervisors, they were all really nice people.

Cons

Before the holidays, multiple employees have been laid off without notice or severance, and I didn’t think that was right. I myself lost my job, healthcare, and housing because I was suddenly laid off on a days notice, with no severance. It was embarrassing when I was just tapped on the shoulder in the middle of my shift, and asked to go into an office to be laid off. Obviously when I came out from the office and... had to pack up my things while everyone was still working, everyone around could tell I was let go. It didn’t feel very discrete. Another factor that ended up hurting me was that the CEO assured me that I was eligible for Unemployment benefits, even after I asked if he researched this and he was positive I would be. He said yes, that he was sure I was eligible. However, my unemployment claim came back denied- $0 benefits a month. I didn’t meet the quarterly requirements. I felt that it wasn’t quite right of them to assure me of this, even saying in our final meeting when I was let go, “The good news is that you’ll be eligible for unemployment” when apparently I wasn’t. Because I made housing plans based off that promise they made, then ended up having to cancel on the landlords once my unemployment claim was denied. When I tried to e-mail him telling him that my claim was denied, asking if anything could be done to help me, he never responded back to me, or followed up. So, I lost my job, and healthcare, was denied unemployment, due to that lost my housing... right before the holidays. It was awful.

Advice to Management

To the new CEO: Please try not to make promises to employees based on their livelihood which become untrue or that you have not first researched and verified. Briefly before this layoff, you held a staff-wide meeting promising to “Make everyone in this room a lot of money.” But then myself and others were let go soon after. It seemed like you didn’t do the research to be sure that I’d receive unemployment. I wish... you had, because I based my housing plans around your word that I would be eligible for and receive unemployment. Then also when my claim came back denied, and when I contacted you about that, you did not respond, which made it seem like you did not care that I was denied unemployment even after you assured me that I would receive it, or what the ramifications of all of this could be on someone’s life.

Digital Media Services2017-12-29

"Good Place to Work"

Digital Media in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Media Services for more than a year

Pros

Variety of work, fellow workers.

Cons

They're going out of business.

Advice to Management

The place is a mess. Getting a new name, logo, and sign, re-hashed web site, it's all superficial. Once clients come in, the fact there's no place to eat lunch, added to the fact the place is cluttered, says it all. Literally, clean up your act.

Digital Media Services2016-11-14

"VideoTape Technician/ Digital Media Technician"

SENIOR VIDEOTAPE OPERATOR in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Media Services for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Family type environment, Very interesting work, was treated failrly. Was the first in which i never received a holiday bonus.

Cons

neptism, no evaluation process, no standard operating procedure manuals.

Advice to Management

Should speak to employees, with more respect, rather than talk down to them when a problem a rises.

Digital Media Services2016-09-21

"Run for the hills!"

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time

Pros

Decent vacation time and sick time

Cons

Not enough space. Poor management and lacking true leadership. No room for advancement. No training involved what so ever it's learn as you go. Either your overworked or don't have enough work never a steady flow of work. Praise for going above and beyond is lacking or given to the undeserved.

Advice to Management

The lack of holding the accountable accountable is a horrible practice. chastising the entire staff instead of individuals.

Digital Media Services2016-03-11

"Unprofessional, misdirected, swap shop"

Former Employee - Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The vacation time and sick days were average. The location on the east side was easy to travel to. Pros are difficulty to give credit to.

Cons

Mismanagement, lack of professionalism and communication. Due diligence is so not rewarded for recognized work. Hopeless on raises. Non expansion on growth in company. Environment wasn't healthy. Making promises that can be noted not given. You just csnt be working at a job because its a job, disappointed at experience there.

Advice to Management

Take anger management, management and communication courses...then maybe you'll have a company that has your back with better judgement goes a long way.

Digital Media Services2016-03-12

"Don't Do It"

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Semi-competitive pay - only good thing

Cons

disorganized, not well thought out, horrible health insurance, vacation days are not tiered depending on when you are hired, lack of communication, management has no idea what they are doing, over-run by sales guys and not enough tech to support.

Advice to Management

You should all be fired

Digital Media Services2016-03-11

"By far one of the worst companies I ever worked for."

Former Employee - Duplication in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Media Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays well. Some what friendly people. Decent vacation time. Good coffee. Close to transportation. Good fire evacuation plan. Get pay on time.

Cons

Beside the constant lack of communication between management, there also the battle with sale people and un- realistic deadlines with a minimal staff. It's sweatshop.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. You'll save lives doing so.

Found 17 reviews