Digital People Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Digital People full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Digital People / Atterro Inc. really cares about its employees. Very family-oriented. Great compensation and benefits.

Cons

I don't really have any cons.

May 16, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for the feedback! Our employees are the most important part of what we do each and every day!

2. "Good experience, small company"

I worked at Digital People full-time

Pros

Great team, helpful and supportive.

Cons

The company is small and remote - makes working in a satellite difficult. Work is not very engaging.

Aug 4, 2016 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about Digital People! I am glad to see that you had a great experience with our team! Having a remote support system can provide some challenges, but... More

"Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Digital People (More than 10 years)

Pros

Digital People looks out for both their professionals and clients equally. We believe in open communication and accessibility to all. When you call Digital People during standard business hours, someone always answers.

Cons

Please do not take it personally but as much as we try, we are not always able to provide our professionals the feedback they need and deserve whether it be feedback on a resume, interview or completion of an assignment. We understand the value of feedback but unfortunately, some companies have a policy against supplying such details. Your recruiter will try his/her best to provide you with feedback when we present you for opportunities but it may not always be possible. On the flip side, we will provide you with feedback, from our perspective, on your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and interview skills in an effort to help you succeed professionally.

4. "Digital People really cares about their employees. Fabulous place to work."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Digital People full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Digital People really believes their mission is to find people the best job they can. The company exhibits great care about their employees both personally and professionally. As a result, you feel like you're working with a large, supportive family and I really look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

The commission strucuture in certain divisions could be greatly improved compared to Digital People's top competitors in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep the human touch! That is why we all stay!

May 13, 2015 – SVP of Professional Services

The “human touch” is important to me as well and I’m committed to keeping that piece of our culture alive.
    I appreciate your feedback on the commission structure. This is something that we’re... More

5. "Entrepreneurial environment where we work hard and play hard."

I have been working at Digital People full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, Uncapped commission, office downtown Mpls location
    Many opportunities to move into new roles in the corporate office

Cons

commission, sales environment
    Not a lot of room to move up in a recruiting/sales role

6. "Great Culture and Awesome Co-Workers!"

Pros

-Great Culture
    -Fun Environment
    -Little to no micro-management
    -Approachable management and Sr. Leadership
    -Interesting and challenging work that changes daily

Cons

-No formal training
    -Few processes in place
    -Could have better benefits

Advice to Management

Find a way to maintain the great culture and fun environment while implementing some formal training and processes to help employees be more successful. It sounds like this is in the works over the next few months, so hopefully all goes well!

May 22, 2015 – SVP of Professional Services

Thank you for your feedback, It’s great to hear from employees who are excited about our culture, environment, leadership and find their work engaging. Additionally, I always welcome constructive... More

7. "A good company to work for in the staffing industry."

I have been working at Digital People full-time

Pros

The company has a lot of great people including my direct team, operations and co-workers from other brand groups. The environment is collaborative, fun and driven by results.

Cons

For a new person coming into a sales or recruiting role there is not a lot of documentation so if you have little job experience there is no clear documented process to follow. And the computers are old.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Communication Consultant
    Former Employee - Communication Consultant

Pros

I had a smooth experience working with Digital People. They moved the process along quickly and efficiently for me to begin my freelance assignment with one of their clients.

Cons

Nothing stands out as a con.

"Truly a delightful place to land in my career."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Digital People full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal growth, consistent and thoughtful coaching and leveraging strengths in others vs. weaknesses. This company, unlike any other staffing firm I'm aware of, invests in their people. They want you to succeed and give you the entrepreneurial freedom to do so. Yet, they're right there to guide you along the way when you need the support. Stellar leadership team! Inovolved and hands on when you need them.

Cons

You have to have the professionalism and experience to "manage up" or the very oftentimes overly aggressive sales teams will outpace you before you know what hits you. You have to have the stamina to stand your ground and "train" them to respect your role.

Advice to Management

I think they give in a bit too much to the Sales Teams. It seems whenever the sales teams have a gripe the company will defer to their POV frequently vs. stepping back and also considering the recruiter perspective. It does seem that the sales team is always right no matter what. That gets tiring. And, the sales teams are definitely more revered and rewarded than recruiter teams.

10. "One of my favorite jobs!"

I have been working at Digital People full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a recruiter, I was very excited about finding a staffing firm that encouraged long-term relationship building. I feel that is the best way to grow a loyal talent pool of candidates who are also looking for long-term career partners. It is very satisfying to be able to help people find fulfilling work. I also like that we specialize in creative, marketing and interactive positions specifically, so we can really get to know the needs of our clients and the skill sets that will enable candidates to succeed in their assignments/placements. It was refreshing to work with a group of people who all have backgrounds in these industries and are so passionate about them. The only reason I am no longer with Digital People specifically is that I have moved into a corporate role with the parent company to be able to help with DP, along with additional brands.

Cons

Recruiting is a lot of pressure and can involve long hours. If you can handle the challenge, the hard work pays off though.