Digital River Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2020

3.3
Digital River CEO Adam Coyle
Adam Coyle
Pros
  • "Beer Fridays, flexible work arrangements, nice office space(in 34 reviews)

• "I work in the Marketforce team, so i can not speak on behalf of everyone, but just in the Marketforce, there are great people and a positive energy(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work / Life balance can sometimes be out of canter - but then this is the fun you have with agency work(in 16 reviews)

• "Senior management have no sensible plan for long-term growth and profitability (how is a 20-year-old business unprofitable without one large client(in 13 reviews)

1. "Positive direction"

5.0

I have been working at Digital River

Pros

Great coworkers, interesting work and company. Employee engagement and culture matters to mgmt (as seen with efforts by hr). New CEO is a genuinely good guy.

Cons

CEO and leadership are making much needed changes but as the old saying goes "culture eats operations for lunch". While it's too soon to say if this holds true, the old sales culture of shopping for a yes and doing end runs is hard to break.

Digital River2018-10-04

October 14, 2018Manager Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for the advice and for the comments. We are so glad that the changes have been positive changes for you and we will continue to do everything we can to build on what has been started.

"Digital River"

2.0

I have been working at Digital River full-time

Pros

Parental leave benefit is good. And it may be the only good thing at this company.

Cons

The company recently mentioned "Digital River is fortunate to have job security." I wonder how may employees believe the statement. This company is laying off employees every single year. They of course did it this year as well and 20-30 positions were eliminated. They outsource many jobs and will continue doing so. If you are looking for a job, I recommend you to avoid this company.

Digital River2020-04-22
  3. "Digital River"

I have been working at Digital River full-time

Pros

Benefits package is overall pretty good.

Cons

Constant change of corporate direction at present makes the culture tense.

Digital River2020-04-08

"Great Perks"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Digital River full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO/Vacation, competitive 401K match, great health insurance

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities within this organization.

Digital River2020-03-17

"Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Digital River full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible schedule, constantly learning new technologies and products

Cons

layoffs annually, benefits have gone down hill in the past 3-4 years

Digital River2020-02-26

"I guess if you don’t have any other options in this market you’ll fit right in at Digital River"

1.0
     in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Digital River

Pros

Flexible work environment with options to wfh and decent benefits for full time employees like unlimited PTO that people actually use.

Cons

Everything else? The culture at DR is frightening with employees that are combative and destructive instead of collaborative - with a lot of public shaming happening. There is next to zero strategy happening here with key decisions, down to product requirements happening in the hallways. Lack of leadership from the top down, with most executives working their way up and only knowing DR bad practices so the loop of poor mgmt and decision making never ends. Most team members are either very green or way under qualified for their roles, so it’s comical to watch their plans come together and the execution isn’t really happening. The lack of talent has to be bc of their reputation in the market or non-competitive salaries, either way it’s difficult to get real work done here. Turnover is also through the roof, I witnessed someone leaving nearly every week I was there on top of 3 leadership changes and 1 lay-off in less than a year. If you’re looking for somewhere to coast by or are really great with buzz words but lack actual experience you’ll fit in so well here amongst the crazy egos. HR when they’re not adding to the poor culture at play is trying to hide the cons by offering things like bring your dog to work days, Halloween parties, and more options for alcohol in the office then in most college dorms.

Digital River2020-03-19

May 21, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you recognize the value of our benefits offering, including flexible working arrangements, we are proud that Digital River is a place that enables us to live our lives to the full. The flexibility afforded to us in terms of how and when we show up to get the job done is invaluable for a lot of us and further reinforces the trust between individuals, teams and managers. We have recently completed our bi-annual engagement survey and were delighted to see how highly aligned our employees are to our strategy and how they truly value the transparency coming from our leadership team. Our turnover is actually lower than that of industry standard. Often times, employees leave for great opportunities that are aligned to their career goals and aspirations, and we are happy to see them continue to grow. Interestingly, we do have a steady return rate of previous employees coming back to us, having spread their wings outside of DR, they return with a breath of experience and fresh perspective which is really awesome. I hope that you found the opportunity to partake in the exit interview a worthwhile one. We are passionate about ensuing that the feedback we receive is utilized in continuing to make DR the best it can be for our current and future employees.

"Good company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Digital River full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice company to work for. Good benefits, usage of technology stack is really good. Containerized environment with API driven model

Cons

Need to be more transparent on future planning and compete with the market. There is lot of scope to evolve big.

Digital River2019-11-19

"great company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Digital River full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great talent and people. Technology centric culture.

Cons

company revenues/clients not showing growth.

Digital River2019-09-12

"Those that remain, its time to move on."

1.0
    Former Employee - IT Support in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Digital River full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Long long time ago. DR was the envy of the market. Work hard, play hard. Respect by management, and most if not all loved to come to work. Now its just a pretty building with two coolers full of beer on Fridays.

Cons

Years ago, this place had it all. Once bought by Siris Capital, those who craved larger bank accounts, decided its was in their best interest to cash in. Staff is not a priority, selling DR is. Market is hot, get out why you can. And those interested in DR, best to keep looking.

Digital River2019-09-19

"Ok place to work"

2.0

I worked at Digital River full-time

Pros

Co-workers were great and office was nice location

Cons

Management was not as transparent has they should have been

Digital River2019-04-10

April 16, 2019Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the review. Transparency is something we have been working on and are deeply committed to. We have implemented more frequent all employee meetings, communication from our CEO, townhalls about key company initiatives, and listening sessions on topics like benefits, facilities, and more. We appreciate your feedback and will continue prioritizing this important topic.

Found 309 reviews