Digital Turbine Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Bill Stone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work with innovation and new technologies"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, stocked pantry, social events, Team collaboration and great environment to work in. Work from home options and unlimited paid vacations are one of the best benefits a company can have.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time

Apr 9, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Digital Turbine. Its great to hear its been a positive and fun experience and you are thriving with us.

"Good to work with innovation and new technologies"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

Good technologies, Benefits, Stocked pantry, social events, Team collaboration and great environment to work in. Work from home options and unlimited paid vacations are one of the best benefits a company can have.

Cons

There is no process followed for any change to the plan. Too much focus shifting which can be frustrating sometimes.

Advice to Management

Need to have more control of the process and make sure its implemented.

"Great experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and engaging coworkers, new office in a great location in downtown Austin, relevant and interesting work in a high visibility area (Android app development and mobile advertising), and an office fully stocked with free snacks and drinks. Catered lunches on most Fridays, company-sponsored happy hours, etc. Flexible hours, with ability to work from home (in reason), and "unlimited time off" (basically, no rigorous time tracking, but you must inform your team a few weeks in advance - perfectly reasonable). Travel to other sites is possible and seems to happen regularly. I made the transition to DT from a large corporate Fortune 500 and I could not be happier.

Cons

The original Austin site was too small (intended only as a temp facility until a new office was built out) and did not have enough conference rooms or seats. This has been remedied with a new office in an even better location, with covered parking and an outdoor deck overlooking the lake.

There are lots of "fire drills", and the dev ops guys sometimes work nights to deploy software. This is no different than any other software shop. I have so far only seen the guys working on weekday nights, and no weekend-long 72 hour deployments like I regularly experienced in my previous position.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Working here"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Digital Turbine works with many cutting-edge technologies ranging from Android clients on over 100M phones to handling massive amounts of data on the backend. There are web services, web applications, and data streams. I work with several top-notch people. We are all problem solvers working together to figure out the best way to get things done. Work-life balance is respected on several teams. The environment is laid back - casual attire, beer Fridays, cultural events, and permission to make mistakes. Oh yeah, and we have become profitable this year!

Cons

It is a fast paced environment, and some teams do end up working overtime. At times we seem to be working on several priority projects at once, and it can become difficult to tell what is really important. We have offices in several places around the world, and it can be really difficult to deal with the time zone differences and interacting with people remotely and asynchronously.

Advice to Management

Make sure priorities are clear. Don't try to put too many complicated things in a single release. Plan better so projects are not changed half way through. Don't rush projects through.

Keep up the good culture and benefits programs. Thanks for getting us involved with large customers, and allowing us to experiment with cutting edge technology.

"Got a tiger by the tail"

Current Employee - Software in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Software in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The potential for DT is huge and there's a considerable commitment to realize it. The company is showing serious forward momentum and immediately pushing to surface that progress with the employees.

Cons

The forward momentum is recent and taken a lot of maneuvering. There's still a fair bit of chaos and patients is required.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and convert on the opportunity. When there's chaos, continue to own it. When there's success, continue to reward it.

"Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has great benefits on par with much larger companies the pay is great the environment is relaxed everyone is friendly you can learn a lot. Management listen to new ideas as well. You aren't isolated from learning other technologies.

Cons

I have at larger companies like Netapp and the environment here to me is like Netapp

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"What you put in is what you get out!"

Current Employee - Acct Manager
    Current Employee - Acct Manager

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay package, innovative products/services, fun-friendly environment, a never stop learning place, execs are transparent w/ open door policy, unlimited vacations, snacks/lunches/after work events, great tech space, global company with deep partnerships with tech giants

Cons

growth is happening so office space is tight (to be resolved soon, and a great problem to have btw)

Advice to Management

keep being clear and transparent, reward with cash bonus

"Good Place to Learn and Develop skills a fun place to work"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

The quality of developer that are around you is high. Open environment. Stocked snacks and drinks.

Cons

Some times late hours are needed to get work done.

Advice to Management

Hire enough people that will be able to get the work done.

Oct 19, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Digital Turbine. We are rapidly recruiting for more fantastic employees to join our team . In doing so this will hopefully better balance... More

"The WORST"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are talented and pleasant

Cons

I worked for Digital Turbine for a year and I came to discover that it was one of the most poorly managed companies i've ever worked for. No management alignment whatsoever. The corporate structure was a complete and utter joke. At no point in time did I ever feel that it was an environment to grow and evolve. It was a pump and dump operation. Pump employees for all their worth then dump them (terminate) in the most humiliating fashion possible. Their app preload products consistently underperformed leaving clients dissatisfied. So getting repeat business was always threatened. The company is shady and riddled with incompetence and dysfunction at the highest levels. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is expendable. It's a small industry and people talk.

Nov 20, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking sometime to provide feedback on your experience while working at Digital Turbine. It is unfortunate that you have had such a negative experience. We have made many positive... More

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

In some cases they pay well for the right employee

Cons

Upper management and CEO, CTO are not at all in alignment with their objectives.

Number one priority is chasing revenue just to keep the doors open.

Zero room for professional growth

The illusions of how good a snack room and unlimited pto are just that, an illusion and a distraction from how desperate this company is for quality candidates.

They can't hold on to anyone with value. As soon as a quality employee is there long enough to see the dysfunction, they are gone.

Constant phony propaganda about how this company has "relationships" with top household names like Facebook are just there to try and lure you in. The truth is they are grasping at anything to pay the bills.

Don't let anyone tell you there's a bonus program because there isn't. If you're told that, you're being lied to like I was.

The company does not have a product, they just build whatever will make money at that moment. Of course this business model fails repeatedly and is impossible to maintain.

Worst worst worst company I've ever had the displeasure of working for. All upper executives should be canned. Until that happens don't bother wasting your time, go somewhere else, anywhere else! Flip burgers before considering working here!

Advice to Management

Do yourself a favor and be honest with yourself. This is a startup company destined for the toilet because there isn't one clear voice and objective. If your business model includes chasing revenue to keep the doors open, you're going down the wrong path.

Nov 6, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience while working at Digital Turbine. It is unfortunate that you had such a negative experience. We really try hard to be a transparent company... More