Digital Turbine Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Stone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

Fun and passionate group of people, a great product and transparent management

Cons

A little chaotic at times but in that isn't always bad.

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparency and open communication.

Jan 4, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience as a employee at Digital Turbine! We really appreciate and encourage transparency and open communication. So thank you for your candidate... More

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For......"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive/collaborative work environment.

Company strives to put employees on a path for growth and success within the company. They do value their employees!

Flexibility in the work schedule and the ability to have a true work/life balance that is talked about at many companies but actually realized here.

Great benefits program!

Cons

You will need to be adaptable in order to work here. Things can and usually do change on the fly.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum rolling and thank you for everything that you do!

Jan 4, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for taking a few moments to provide feedback on your experience as a employee of Digital Turbine. As you have mentioned we have worked hard to create a culture where we treat people like... More

3. "A Poorly Managed Old Boys Club"

I worked at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

At the time I worked there, the best thing was travel, a few of my co-workers and a pretty decent selection of snacks.

Cons

DT suffered from failure to correct substantially obvious flaws in all of its processes and interactions. Basically, they were in fire-fighting mode constantly because upper management would refuse to allow for the budget and time to make long-term corrections; they also refused to invest in better product & project management tools.

A lot happened around the employee culture as well: very competent women (yes, plural) I worked with spoke of minor harassment issues; many of the employees (at the company through M&A rather than hiring) themselves were toxically stubborn and had no sense of teamwork (and management wouldn't let them go!); and their hiring/retention decisions seemed to be based more on the force of personality of the candidate than any actual useful, company relevant skills.

And for a tech-company, the CEO had an oddly old-fashioned way of running things: at some point, he insisted that we work in the office, essentially as old-school 9-5ers, which made no sense for a globally diversified company with arms in four different (far apart time zones).

Enough time has passed that things may have changed (for the better), but from a connection I have inside, it sounds like there are still shenanigans going on - not as bad as when I was there, but still enough that I'd avoid it.

Advice to Management

I left at a time when they had brought on a larger, more stable company; my hope is that the maturity of that company and its management team rubbed off onto the (at the time) current upper management. My advice to management is, if it hasn't been corrected already, is:

1) Give your employees freedom to work; don't chain them to desks nor to unrealistic deadlines;
    2) Listen to ideas for fixes and then execute them *before* the fire breaks out (and when a fire does break it, fix the root problem!)
    3) Have the courage to fire those toxic employees (and don't be held hostage by some preconceived notion that you can't live without particularly influential/"smart" employees; those are the worst ones to keep)
    4) Get product & project management tools in place!
    5) Improve your communication skills; when I was there, too many "management" level people refused to talk about the hard problems to solve at the company -- or they'd not talk at all about plans/ideas for the company or given project. (Several people, I learned over time, actively avoided open communication unless eventually *forced* to.)

Dec 31, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback about your experience while working for Digital Turbine. Based on the feedback you provided it sounds like you were employed with Digital Turbine... More

"Good place to work with innovation and new technologies"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, stocked pantry, social events, Team collaboration and great environment to work in. Work from home options and unlimited paid vacations are one of the best benefits a company can have.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time

Apr 9, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Digital Turbine. Its great to hear its been a positive and fun experience and you are thriving with us.

"Good to work with innovation and new technologies"

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time

Pros

Good technologies, Benefits, Stocked pantry, social events, Team collaboration and great environment to work in. Work from home options and unlimited paid vacations are one of the best benefits a company can have.

Cons

There is no process followed for any change to the plan. Too much focus shifting which can be frustrating sometimes.

Advice to Management

Need to have more control of the process and make sure its implemented.

"Great experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and engaging coworkers, new office in a great location in downtown Austin, relevant and interesting work in a high visibility area (Android app development and mobile advertising), and an office fully stocked with free snacks and drinks. Catered lunches on most Fridays, company-sponsored happy hours, etc. Flexible hours, with ability to work from home (in reason), and "unlimited time off" (basically, no rigorous time tracking, but you must inform your team a few weeks in advance - perfectly reasonable). Travel to other sites is possible and seems to happen regularly. I made the transition to DT from a large corporate Fortune 500 and I could not be happier.

Cons

The original Austin site was too small (intended only as a temp facility until a new office was built out) and did not have enough conference rooms or seats. This has been remedied with a new office in an even better location, with covered parking and an outdoor deck overlooking the lake.

There are lots of "fire drills", and the dev ops guys sometimes work nights to deploy software. This is no different than any other software shop. I have so far only seen the guys working on weekday nights, and no weekend-long 72 hour deployments like I regularly experienced in my previous position.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Working here"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Digital Turbine works with many cutting-edge technologies ranging from Android clients on over 100M phones to handling massive amounts of data on the backend. There are web services, web applications, and data streams. I work with several top-notch people. We are all problem solvers working together to figure out the best way to get things done. Work-life balance is respected on several teams. The environment is laid back - casual attire, beer Fridays, cultural events, and permission to make mistakes. Oh yeah, and we have become profitable this year!

Cons

It is a fast paced environment, and some teams do end up working overtime. At times we seem to be working on several priority projects at once, and it can become difficult to tell what is really important. We have offices in several places around the world, and it can be really difficult to deal with the time zone differences and interacting with people remotely and asynchronously.

Advice to Management

Make sure priorities are clear. Don't try to put too many complicated things in a single release. Plan better so projects are not changed half way through. Don't rush projects through.

Keep up the good culture and benefits programs. Thanks for getting us involved with large customers, and allowing us to experiment with cutting edge technology.

"What you put in is what you get out!"

Current Employee - Acct Manager
    Current Employee - Acct Manager

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay package, innovative products/services, fun-friendly environment, a never stop learning place, execs are transparent w/ open door policy, unlimited vacations, snacks/lunches/after work events, great tech space, global company with deep partnerships with tech giants

Cons

growth is happening so office space is tight (to be resolved soon, and a great problem to have btw)

Advice to Management

keep being clear and transparent, reward with cash bonus

"Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has great benefits on par with much larger companies the pay is great the environment is relaxed everyone is friendly you can learn a lot. Management listen to new ideas as well. You aren't isolated from learning other technologies.

Cons

I have at larger companies like Netapp and the environment here to me is like Netapp

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Got a tiger by the tail"

Current Employee - Software in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Software in Durham, NC

I have been working at Digital Turbine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The potential for DT is huge and there's a considerable commitment to realize it. The company is showing serious forward momentum and immediately pushing to surface that progress with the employees.

Cons

The forward momentum is recent and taken a lot of maneuvering. There's still a fair bit of chaos and patients is required.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and convert on the opportunity. When there's chaos, continue to own it. When there's success, continue to reward it.