Cover image for DigitalOcean

78 Comments

Tech

641.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DigitalOcean~823482
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DigitalOcean? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DigitalOcean employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DigitalOcean and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work-Life Balance is Unparalleled

Jan 20, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DigitalOcean was a pretty wonderful place to work. Some of the best parts of working on my team in particular was the work-life balance. My team and I felt fully supported in our personal lives and were encouraged to focus on working enough to get our work done, but were never once micromanaged to any extent. The senior leadership I worked with are wonderful human beings and genuinely cared about my growth as a person. I was fully supported throughout my time, even during my last two weeks before I moved on to a different company. Benefits are pretty standard for the tech industry, and more than adequate. Love the company’s values and the way it ties into the culture on a day to day basis. Compensation was pretty ok, nothing spectacular compared to big tech.

Cons

The way that offsites are undervalued and Sammy Recharge Days (near monthly company wide mental health days) were eliminated really rubbed me the wrong way. I’ve personally seen the value of getting distributed teams together for a week to connect and work together in person and the funds to make those opportunities possibly never felt to be an investment priority, until there was an uproar. The elimination of the Sammy Recharge Days takes away a lot of what made DO so special. There are still so many unique things that employees love about the culture at DO but the loss of SRDs are such a huge hit to the culture as a whole.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Love it!

Jan 10, 2023 - Administrative Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and great WLB.

Cons

I haven't seen none yet.

3. Join the DigitalOcean team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Company with Love at Its Core

Dec 19, 2022 - Technical Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Remote-first, and extremely supportive of its remote employees *Community-based culture: people are the most important *Great benefits

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you're in meetings more than you are spending time doing the work you were hired for.

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 2, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-empathy -the best professional development I've ever seen -remote culture -smart/caring coworkers

Cons

- no more Sammy recharge days :(

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great experience

Nov 15, 2022 - Tax Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bright, hardworking teams that really care about the products and customers

Cons

So much work. So much.

7. 5.0

Best place to work!

Nov 2, 2022 - Administrative Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing job to work at if you're looking to be a coordinator or executive assistant. The work life balance is unparalleled!! Digital ocean is a remote work place, and yet, everyone is so helpful and kind. You really have the opportunity to create your own work schedule and not be micromanaged. All of the leadership team I support are amazing to work with. Based on employee reviews I truly thought this place was "too good to be true," but it's absolutely not! So grateful to be an employee here. Would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

Continue reading
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company with the perfect culture

Oct 31, 2022 - Sr Manager, Marketing in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Digital Ocean has created a safe and friendly remote workplace.

Cons

I have been at the company for 60 days and have zero complaints.

Continue reading
  9. 5.0

Great

Sep 30, 2022 - Sr. Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company and its values.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun place to work

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting Product - Great culture -Warm and inviting

Cons

None so far that I see

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic place to work as a trans person!

Sep 23, 2022 - Engineer I in Lexington, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic ERGs Queer friendly Amazing teams

Cons

Growing company Re-orgs Profit focused CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Reviews
</>Embed

DigitalOcean Reviews FAQs

DigitalOcean has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 270 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at DigitalOcean to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DigitalOcean employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DigitalOcean. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

87% of DigitalOcean employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DigitalOcean 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DigitalOcean to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with DigitalOcean Job Seekers