Cover image for DigitalOcean

77 Comments

Tech

626K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DigitalOcean~823482
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DigitalOcean? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DigitalOcean employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DigitalOcean and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fully Remote

Jan 27, 2023 - Director in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote, friendly atmosphere, good online presence

Cons

Executive management is all over the place with their decision making

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, culture and purpose.

Jan 24, 2023 - Account Executive in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote workplace. Salary package. Team/business culture.

Cons

Personally, I haven't come across any.

Continue reading
  3. Join the DigitalOcean team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 23, 2023 - DCE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture easy to get along with - Great benefits - Comapred to larger cloud companies like AWS, there is a lot more to learn as not as many processes are automated so there is more responsibility and greater opportunities to learn - Travel - Flexible working hours - "Fellowship program" allows you to try another team out if that's what you're interested in. Manager is happy to do this

Cons

- As some processes are not yet automated, there are some processes that are inefficient - As this is an international company you will have to be ready to have early/ late meetings. However, they are aware of this and expect you to not over work yourself and have breaks and are very flexible with the working hours

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work-Life Balance is Unparalleled

Jan 20, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DigitalOcean was a pretty wonderful place to work. Some of the best parts of working on my team in particular was the work-life balance. My team and I felt fully supported in our personal lives and were encouraged to focus on working enough to get our work done, but were never once micromanaged to any extent. The senior leadership I worked with are wonderful human beings and genuinely cared about my growth as a person. I was fully supported throughout my time, even during my last two weeks before I moved on to a different company. Benefits are pretty standard for the tech industry, and more than adequate. Love the company’s values and the way it ties into the culture on a day to day basis. Compensation was pretty ok, nothing spectacular compared to big tech.

Cons

The way that offsites are undervalued and Sammy Recharge Days (near monthly company wide mental health days) were eliminated really rubbed me the wrong way. I’ve personally seen the value of getting distributed teams together for a week to connect and work together in person and the funds to make those opportunities possibly never felt to be an investment priority, until there was an uproar. The elimination of the Sammy Recharge Days takes away a lot of what made DO so special. There are still so many unique things that employees love about the culture at DO but the loss of SRDs are such a huge hit to the culture as a whole.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

It's Your Typical Tech Company

Jan 16, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Benefits -Stock Units - Flexible Time off (depending on your department) -You will gain experience

Cons

There doesn't seem to be much of a career path for ICs, and I know the HR team is working to improve that which is good.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it!

Jan 10, 2023 - Administrative Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and great WLB.

Cons

I haven't seen none yet.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company to Work with

Jan 4, 2023 - Cloud Engineer in Karāchi
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working Environment. Unlimited PTOs. Growth Opportunities.

Cons

In Pakistan you will not get the same benefits as your peers working aboard. less compensation.

9. 3.0

Billing executive

Dec 27, 2022 - Billing Executive in Karāchi
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working flexible hours WFH allowance

Cons

to many portals and applications for everything

10. 5.0

Great Company with Love at Its Core

Dec 19, 2022 - Technical Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Remote-first, and extremely supportive of its remote employees *Community-based culture: people are the most important *Great benefits

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you're in meetings more than you are spending time doing the work you were hired for.

11. 3.0
    Current Employee

Average Company to work for

Dec 7, 2022 - Software Engineer in New Delhi
    Business Outlook

Pros

Permanently remote job if you like being stuck at home forever.

Cons

No KT or Training if you feel like you need some help to upskill yourself.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 252 Reviews
</>Embed

DigitalOcean Reviews FAQs

DigitalOcean has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 268 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at DigitalOcean to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DigitalOcean employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DigitalOcean. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

86% of DigitalOcean employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DigitalOcean 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DigitalOcean to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with DigitalOcean Job Seekers