KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

DigitalOcean

Is this your company?

DigitalOcean

Add a Review

DigitalOcean Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DigitalOcean and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place To Work

Apr 8, 2021 - Developer Support Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Till now it's been an amazing experience. Very helpful teammates and manager. Company really believes in it's values that Love is at our core. Friendly work environment. Good work life balance.

Cons

Haven't found one till now.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company, Awesome People, Awesome Culture

Mar 30, 2022 - Senior Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, Great compensation and perks, Great people, Great growth opportunity, well-structured processes and frameworks and awesome work life balance. Lot of new processes with strategic alignment really drives the company in the right direction.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Can't trust leadership and company values are a facade.

Jul 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The perks are great even compared to bay area startups, though salaries could be higher. Most of the people are great. Good work/life balance. The business seems to be doing well and we're getting better at building products every year.

Cons

Virtually zero trust in leadership and with good reason. No career growth beyond single team management (not a single Director was promoted from within even though we keep calling it a "culture of growth").

19 people found this review helpful

DigitalOcean Response

VP, People

I'm sorry our values are not reflected in your personal experience. With that, I want to use this opportunity to share my perspective on career growth at DO. I can tell you that we are deeply committed to being a deliberately developmental organization. It's something I personally believe in and I know it's a huge part of the reason the business has scaled and been as successful as you noted. But it's important to keep in mind that development and growth does not always necessarily mean the same thing as just being promoted. Development comes in many forms. We're a rapidly growing company and the scale and scope of things every employee is working on and is exposed to is exponentially bigger than it was even 12 months ago. We have products, teams and departments that didn't exist last year. We continue to invest in opportunities to learn inside and outside the company, and many employees have broadened their experience by moving into other roles across the company. Those all create the conditions for important and powerful learning and experience for growth. It is true that many of our senior leaders have come outside the company of late. That's a function of needing the experience at scale that we haven't had internally, and of an intentional desire to provide leadership and mentorship for our employees to learn from