Digitas Health LifeBrands Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Philadelphia, PA

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alexandra von Plato

Pros
  • Decent benefits, good people, some work/life balance if you have the right position (in 7 reviews)

• I've really enjoyed learning about complex scientific processes and working with great people (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The company talks a good game about work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours; doesn't often promote from within (in 7 reviews)

"I love it here"

Current Contractor - Art Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Contractor - Art Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The projects and people are smart, interesting, and highly engaging. I've really enjoyed learning about complex scientific processes and working with great people.

Cons

It's hard to get converted to full time.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with freelancers about timelines and give reviews so that freelancers know definitively how they're performing and their chances of converting to full time.

"Can be good or bad / Depends on your Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of employee perks
    - Lots of professional development opportunities
    - Working on cutting edge projects for top shelf brands

Cons

Politics are brutal
    - My dept and team are so overworked I never get to take advantage of the professional development opportunities
    - Committing to work we don't know how to do only to have to deal with angry clients when the work is delivered poorly

Advice to Management

Clean house of Sr Leadership, in S&A particularly. VP/GD's are focused on saving their own skin versus developing the department

"Great benefits, stalled career advancement, huge workload"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are phenomenal! There is a lot of paid time off and paid holidays.

Cons

Career advancement is incredibly difficult. Even when promised advancement after a certain period of time, it does not take place. The workload is much more than can be handled within a 40-hour work week, so even though you may have a lot of paid time off, you end up making up for it in overtime work. There is a lot of turnover throughout all departments. Compensation is also below industry and location average.

Advice to Management

I would strongly consider reinvesting in career advancement of current employees.

"Loved the work, loved the people"

Former Contractor - Art Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Digitas Health LifeBrands as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment there is great! I was there for 9 months, and i made excellent work, met great people and learned a lot! The exploration and attention to the work is more than I expected with Pharma work.

Cons

As a contractor you're given sub par machines, and less than great seating and locations to work. You're expected to carry your laptop, papers, etc, home every day. You're not given comfortable or permanent seating.

Advice to Management

Carve out space for your freelancers and contractors where you would want to work. The seating is terrible, the computers are okay.

"Good experience, no promotions"

Current Employee - Group Account Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, team work, innovation. Those who are truly team players are loyal and strong collaborators. When you find a strong collaborative team, it's a great place to work and loads of fun. Many of the junior employees are looking for strong mentors so if that's something you enjoy doing you can build a loyal team.

Cons

The promotion process is outrageously long and slow. Every time you get rotated to another team you have to start over and prove yourself again in order to be promoted. Many huge egos - especially from people who shouldn't have an ego at all. Many people are only out for themselves. Internal processes are too rigid. Management claims to want to be flexible but it's impossible to be limber and quick even when a client needs us to be.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to grow and be promoted. Too many hoops to jump through not only for the person that is looking to be promoted but also for their manager. Senior leaders should be open to flexibility of internal processes depending on the size of the business. Also there needs to be people who have some band width to help with new business pitches vs over working those of us who are already over worked.

7. "If you are part of creative, you will have no life."

Former Contractor - Art Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Digitas Health LifeBrands as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, unlimited sick days, bank holidays off. Easy commute if you live in Philadelphia.

Cons

Executives and Creative Directors expect you to work all hours of the night, weekends, holidays, to complete pitch creative. They also wait until the last minute to submit their content, leaving you to scramble and work all the night before to get everything together.

Advice to Management

Be more courteous to your talent. They are the ones making you money. Don't wait until the last minute to "do your homework" as there are people with lives and families waiting on you to do their jobs.

8. "Great Place To Work, Lots of Politics"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, some of the smartest people I've worked with; I learned something new every day.
    Great office location, young-very social culture.
    Time off and benefits are fantastic.

Cons

Lots of internal politics and managers definitely play "favorites".
    Takes a very long time for people to get promoted, raises -- even if consistent reviews.
    Very, very top-heavy.
    Management doesn't often communicate clearly.

Advice to Management

Over communicate, and listen to your employees.

9. "Group Account Supervisor"

Current Employee - Group Account Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team and culture. It's all about the brand you get to work on and how much everyone values your contributions

Cons

the senior leadership feels very distant from the day to day team. There isn't a lot of camaraderie across teams. Instead, everyone stays close to their individual teams.

Advice to Management

Become more involved in interacting with mid-level and junior level employees.

10. "Best agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly open and supportive leadership for people who can deliver on the work and build a vision. The only agency that I've worked at that says yes every time a plan / solution is presented.

Cons

Big for better and worse. Sometimes difficult to work through all the layers and people that crowd around work.

Advice to Management

Build out more to be able to focus and model after successes instead of running between problems.

"Benefits are good, but thick glass ceiling"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Digitas Health LifeBrands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

“Glass ceilings” are a problem at every company. Not everyone can be in senior leadership and get senior leadership money. But, this issue is dragging the company down. It’s definitely a culture where you are looked down upon for not being “in the know”. But, those with access to the client, never share information. It’s unfortunate for the people that actually have to do the work. And, work is not valued in the least. The big “you wouldn’t understand” ideas are gold.

Advice to Management

Value the new guys, Share information. Don't be afraid to make the "big ideas" a reality in the work that folks do. Have clear career development.