Dignity Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Dignity Health President, CEO, and Director Lloyd H. Dean
Lloyd H. Dean

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, nice culture of humankindess" (in 88 reviews)

• "benefits, good work life balance" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management cd do a better job of communicating with staff" (in 26 reviews)

• "Wish the humankindness culture was as important among the employees as it is in patient care" (in 22 reviews)

1. "Lead End User Support"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Flexible in hours and awesome environment w/people to work with.

Cons

No paid holidays. Must use PTO.

2. "Critical Care RN"

Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team, the best. Like a very disfunctional family. Everyone is right there for you, to support you. At this time we have an amazing boss. We have an incredible team of critical care docs. Every Nurse works very hard, crazy hard some days and still saves lives, prevents suffering, and manages to negotiate the labyrinth of resource allocation under impossible circumstances. At times it feels like a mash unit. But wow we really have saved so many lives.

Cons

Advice to upper Administrators : I have seen a few hospitals in the area and they all have the same problems. Someone upstairs is dictating to the front line staff things they do not understand, and don’t seem to understand despite instruction. It seems that someone is misallocating funds, mismanagement. People are not numbers. It is important for nurses and doctors to have support to take care of their patients. Yes money matters, it is a business, it’s how we all get paid, But calling off a nurse at 5 am to staff to the nub, only to call in another nurse at 6:45 am and paying them time and a half. It’s just common sense. And why would you not put a clerk in each icu and ccu and spend 12$ and hour to someone, than pay a nurse 65$ an hour to answer the phones, and open doors for families, rather than take care of the actual critically ill pts. We are expected to preform flawlessly for very good reason, these are people. These are people’s lives. We must balance our priorities, and earn our company’s mission. Administration should ask the nurses what is needed to improve pt care, improve satisfaction scores and then listen. Research and education should be encored in a tangible way by making the culture one of support, and shared governance.
    End of rant.

Advice to Management

I have seen a few hospitals in the area and they all have the same problems. just in different variations. Someone upstairs is dictating to the front line staff things they do not understand, and don’t seem to understand despite instruction. It seems that someone is misallocating funds, mismanagement. Where is the money going? Why are we over budget? What is the budget? Maybe we need to readjust the budget. People are not numbers. It is important for nurses and doctors to have support to take care of their patients. Yes money matters, it is a business, it’s how we all get paid, But calling off a nurse at 5 am to staff to the nub, only to call in another nurse at 6:45 am and paying them time and a half. It’s just common sense. And why would you not put a clerk in each icu and ccu and spend 12$ and hour to someone, than pay a nurse 65$ an hour to answer the phones, and open doors for families, rather than take care of the actual critically ill pts. We are expected to preform flawlessly for very good reason, these are people. These are people’s lives. We must balance our priorities, and earn our company’s mission. Administration should ask the nurses what is needed to improve pt care, improve satisfaction scores and then listen. Research and education should be encored in a tangible way by making the culture one of support, and shared governance.
    End of rant.

3. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO accrual, friendly environment.

Cons

IT department is terrible. The Cerner merge has been a disaster.

Advice to Management

Get better organized and get everyone on the same system. Cerner is terrible. Should have went with Epic!

4. "Best Employer"

I worked at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

They have great pay and excellent benefits, I also loved the style of management

Cons

There were no cons other than they hired Optum360 to contract out the Revenue Cycle Management

5. "Clinical Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Clinical Support Coordinator in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Support Coordinator in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Healthcare system with integrity and values

Cons

professional growth can be slow

Advice to Management

Look to hire quality employees

6. "Nurse"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work, I have been here for over 15 years now, so I think I can say I "know" the place. The people here in all areas are kind and show human kindness, even when not asked too. I have seen a lot of changes here and they are for the better. Management has a clear view of what the communities needs are and that is our mission to deliver compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised and partnering with others in the community to improve the quality of life.

Cons

Sorry to say the Cafeteria

Advice to Management

Change your staff in the Cafeteria to folks who want to be there or give the current staff the incentive to want to be kind and want to work there..

7. "RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great people to work with. Enjoyed working there with the strong patient care focused people.

Cons

Lack of support from management when I worked there. Like short staffs, no CNA( nursing assistant) etc

8. "RN"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair employer, management not over bareing, Union position, all benefits and raises are easily found in union contract.

Cons

Flexing on slow days, understaffed on busy days. Never too bad, it enough to feel it.

9. "Fair company"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Employee benefits, pension, insurance, 403b contributions

Cons

Cost cutting taken very seriously.

Advice to Management

Fire bad other bad managers. Encourage team playing from all nurses.

10. "About average place to work"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Non profit, helps people in need

Cons

poor pay, must be a union member to work there