Dignity Health Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

30.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dignity Health~2741
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and Tuition help for yourself in the future to grow in the company.(in 326 reviews)
  • "Good Pay but the cost of living in Santa Cruz is one of the highest in the nation.(in 160 reviews)
  • "Great People working hard on the front lines and in mid level management.(in 103 reviews)
  • "Great Staff from the Physicians down to the Support Staff(in 88 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and friendly.(in 68 reviews)
Cons
  • "management is poor and will throw you under the bus(in 157 reviews)
  • "When I was applying for other jobs the manager would talk bad about me to the other employer so I wouldn’t get the job.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Upper management are also WAY overpaid.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership are at times out of step with the needs of the patients as they don't always listen to feedback from staff.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Do not come here at a manager level and expect to gain some skill or knowledge, clear favoritism, no guidance from director level, the only time you hear from them is when you have done something wrong in their eyes.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dignity Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, well organized management

Cons

Same cons for working with any hospital

TA Brand Strategist

We appreciate you sharing some of the reasons you enjoy working at Dignity Health. Thanks for highlighting the competitive benefits and pay we offer our team members along with the well-organized management team. We're fortunate to have amazing leaders who are committed to our core values and the success of our team members. Thanks again for the review and all you do for our patients.

2. 5.0

Greeat

May 16, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thumbs up great tool to use

Cons

Nothing easy tool to use

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place

May 17, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and benefits, the pay was good.

Cons

None that can be listed.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you recognizing our competitive salary and benefits. We work hard to be the best place our team members have ever worked. Thanks again, and we wish you all the best in your career endeavors.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Human Kindness for all

May 12, 2022 - Radiology Technologist in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some truly great people that work for dignity health. The benefits are good. They still offer a pension. They match 3% for retirement.

Cons

There is always room for improvement. There should be more focus on departments besides nursing.

Continue reading

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your great team members and our unique work perks. We value our team members and believe that they deserve the best experience we can offer. We also value hearing about how we can improve, so thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback, and for all you do for our patients.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Review

May 11, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company provides a Flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough compassion for overworked staff No ratios for nurse : patient

Continue reading

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are disappointed to learn that your experience did not meet our shared expectations. We welcome and value all feedback and are interested in learning more about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you – please contact careers@dignityhealth.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Steady, Uneventful

May 9, 2022 - Lead Housekeeper in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for honestly easy work, you work independently and don't have to interact with a lot of people.

Cons

The work is tedious, repetitive, and physically demanding at times.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing some of the reasons you enjoy working at Dignity Health. We're glad to learn you find the pay competitive and enjoy the independent work structure. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued. We also value the feedback you provided on how we can improve. We will share your comments with the leadership team. Thanks again for taking time to comment.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So so

May 7, 2022 - Patient Registration Representative in Santa Maria, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always plenty of hours.

Cons

It is really busy all the time.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate hearing about your experience at Dignity Health and your highlighting the scheduling and regular hours. We also value the constructive feedback and will share that with the leadership team. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 5, 2022 - Physician Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job stability Good Benefits Dragon dictation

Cons

They give busy work not related to work

9. 5.0

slp

May 5, 2022 - Speech-Language Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, great perks for staying long term

Cons

hard to achieve management positions

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and all the reasons you enjoy Dignity Health. We care very deeply for our employees and believe that they deserve the best experience we can offer. We also value the feedback you provided on how we can improve and will share that with the leadership team. Thank you again for your feedback and all you do for our patients.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Place to work

May 5, 2022 - IT Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and supporting environment where you can help others

Cons

Salary may need to be reviewed to be competitive with others in industry

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your experience at Dignity Health and are glad to learn you enjoyed the collaborative and supportive environment. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels respected and their contributions are valued. We also appreciate the feedback on how we can improve and will share your thoughts with the leadership team. Thanks again for your review and for all you did for our patients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,276 Reviews

Dignity Health Reviews FAQs

Dignity Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,458 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Dignity Health to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dignity Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dignity Health. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Dignity Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dignity Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dignity Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be workplace, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Dignity Health Job Seekers