Dignity Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 11, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dignity Health President, CEO, and Director Lloyd H. Dean
Lloyd H. Dean

Pros
  • Great benefits and opportunity for advancement (in 55 reviews)

• Dignity health provides good benefits to employees (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Wish the humankindness culture was as important among the employees as it is in patient care (in 20 reviews)

• Could be a bit too top heavy with all of the senior directors and upper management (in 20 reviews)

"No advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dignity Health offers competitive pay, good benefits, and I don't have to work weekends or on-call, which is a big plus. Truth be told, there are a lot of great things about working at Dignity Health, or I wouldn't have stayed on as long as I have with them. For the most part, co-workers, supervisors and managers are excellent and easy to work with, and administration doesn't micro-manage, but instead trusts that employees will do their job and gives them the necessary support to do so.

Cons

I have worked at Dignity Health for many years, and have never been promoted, and never will be promoted, because it's their policy, where I work, to not promote social workers. At my previous place of employment, I was promoted within 15 months of my start date to a supervisor position. Dignity's philosophy, it seems, is that nurses and other allied health disciplines can supervise social workers, but social workers are apparently not capable of supervising other disciplines, or even other social workers for that matter. It didn't use to be this way, and it's a very archaic mindset that is not in the best interest of employees or the organization.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain good employees, give them opportunities to grow and be promoted. You can't expect to keep smart, hard working and ambitious employees around if advancement is not possible.

2. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working the night shift 7p 7a able to park free on the street .Did not bother paying for parking.

Cons

Health insurance okay need to upgrade their 403 plan

Advice to Management

No comment.

"Good company"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, most hospitals have great ratings. I enjoy working for a nonprofit hospital system that gives back to the community.

Cons

Management is overbearing and hesitates to delegate responsibilities. I have a particular supervisor that complains of too much work but has trouble delegating work to associates that have been with the organization multiple years and are trustworthy still.
    Culture and values are also not always positive; management encourages active and healthy lifestyle in the workplace but does not really allow time for it or supplies resources to achieve

Advice to Management

Some admin departments really need restructuring. My supervisor is a senior director and I have no intermediary manager. This makes communication difficult and inefficient.

5. "Duplicate Analyst"

I worked at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, clear job description and role. Office events for birthdays and holidays.

Cons

Some strict rules and not great benefits.

6. "RRT"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Love my supervisor george torres

Cons

I live 3 hours from my job

"Director"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, good company overall

Cons

Senior leaders not aligned, huge issue

Advice to Management

Get on the same page, it's apparent at all levels there is no one strategy

8. "Front Office"

Pros

Schedule Flexibility, Great Management team

Cons

They lack in competitive benefits for the area. They should offer a better comprehensive package to include increased PTO or atleast combine it with your sick for a total of 3-4 weeks for starting staff, some sort of matching retirement and better medical. Currently we pay nothing for our medical, but your pay ALOT out of pocket and its limited to where you can go not to mention Physical therapy is not included (Tenet waives all out of pocket cost if the employee uses their facilities!!!)

"Senior Financial Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Business Analyst in North Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Business Analyst in North Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great work life balance, got rid of bad management

Cons

slow at making decisions, promotions

10. "Managers are not following the rules"

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Humankindness theme is awesome. I love helping people.
    Benefits are great.

Cons

I've been with the company for a year next month. My training for the department I'm in, was absolutely terrible. I trained with at least six different people. That is six different people with six different ways to do the job. Most of the time, I was trained on doing things the WRONG way. I have not been able to read the policy for Dignity Health. I was told I could read a few chapters a day, on my breaks. I'm not going to use my breaks to read the policy! The management staff for the department, has most of the staff scared to speak up about issues in the department. A lot of employees are unhappy with what is going on. One example is the request for PTO. I put in a request for one PTO day, two months in advance. A week before my PTO, I received an e-mail stating it was not approved. They have two weeks from the time I request the PTO, to approve or deny. They are not following the rules. I feel they pick and choose who they want to give PTO to. I have a request for March I put in months ago, and they have not gotten back to me. This department needs to be looked at ASAP. The managers are using their power to do what they want. I really want to work for Dignity Health, but I do not know how much of the incompetence and favoritism I can take. I am CURRENTLY looking for another job in the Dignity Health network. Almost a year wasted in this department.

Advice to Management

Have an anonymous way for employees to speak the truth without any retaliation.

11. "RN @ St Joes Phoenix"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Great management structure, competent nurses and doctors, policy/best practice oriented

Cons

Too much emphasis on "patient satisfaction." Patients walk all over the nurses and doctors. It's an expectation for staff to kiss up to patients keep them happy and that is a priority even at times over safety and standard of care.

Advice to Management

Understand that patients need to respect the nursing and medical staff. We aren't meant to be walked all over and treated like crap for literally taking care of these people while they are sick and unable to do anything themselves.