KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dignity Health

Engaged Employer

Dignity Health

Add a Review

Dignity Health Employee Reviews about "dignity health"

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 99 of over 2,454 reviews

3.8
Dignity Health President, CEO, and Director Lloyd H. Dean
Lloyd H. Dean

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and very up(in 346 reviews)
  • "Good Pay but the cost of living in Santa Cruz is one of the highest in the nation.(in 162 reviews)
  • "Great People working hard on the front lines and in mid level management.(in 103 reviews)
  • "Great Staff from the Physicians down to the Support Staff(in 92 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and friendly.(in 67 reviews)
Cons
  • "management is poor and will throw you under the bus(in 156 reviews)
  • "When I was applying for other jobs the manager would talk bad about me to the other employer so I wouldn’t get the job.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Upper management are also WAY overpaid.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership are at times out of step with the needs of the patients as they don't always listen to feedback from staff.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Do not come here at a manager level and expect to gain some skill or knowledge, clear favoritism, no guidance from director level, the only time you hear from them is when you have done something wrong in their eyes.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dignity Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "dignity health"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

Jul 30, 2020 - IT Senior Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working at Dignity Health. Would go back anytime when opportunity presents

Cons

It culture is changing with new CIO and I'm not sure what he future holds

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

God benefits

Oct 12, 2021 - Registered Nurse in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefit coverage when in network for dignity health

Cons

Pay not as high as other hospital networks in the area

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great benefits

Aug 19, 2021 - Clinical Engineering in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are great benefits at Dignity Health.

Cons

Typical red tape that comes with large companies.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

10 year RN

Nov 21, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. I’ve worked with amazing nurses who have been extremely helpful. 2. They use Cerner electronic charting. 3. I can find a Dignity Health hospital close to home. 4. The benefit options are decent.

Cons

1. I’ve also worked with nurses who “eat their young” and old nurses. 2. Too much double charting involved even when we use EMR. 3. Management says they want to hear from us, but don’t really do anything about it. 4. If you want to change positions, say to ICU or OR, it can take years before you see another training position. 5. There’s not enough opportunities to work from home as a nurse.

5. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Dignity Health hospitals in California

Aug 24, 2020 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dignity Health hospitals in California are overall clean facilities

Cons

One of the facilities not paying for some of the orientation hours required for employment.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Has become a very toxic place to work.

Aug 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

After taking away the amazing health benefits they once gave there isn't much of a good reason to work here now.

Cons

Dignity Health constantly shifts their IT strategies. Every few years a new VP or Director comes along with "New" ideas and creates another initiative to restructure the departments and change all the software being used.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don’t work here unless you have to

Feb 15, 2020 - Staff RN in Stockton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hire new grads. The only reason to work here. You can transfer to another dignity health facility after 3 months.

Cons

No breaks, o got 4 weeks of orientation as a new grad. Extremely clicky. Horrible experience. They treat there employees awful and have a very high turn over rate.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't wate your time to apply!

Jan 2, 2020 - Cybersecurity Analyst I in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits! That's the only thing good about this company!

Cons

The pay is not within industry standards. The going rate for a Cybersecurity Analyst I is around $75K. However, even with experience, the starting pay is between 55K and 63K. Moreover, there is really no training program and a lot of discrimination with employees in various departments. I started out with great management, but most of the good ones left for the same reasons. Additionally, they do not honor ADA compliance for its employees. I am a 70% disabled military retiree and Dignity Health and its management would not honor any accomodations. They also hired a new CIDO last year and she is ax cutting the cyber program. People have left due to uncertainties and they plan on even cutting down some of the benefits.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I found my home.

Aug 16, 2019 - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Dignity Health over 10 years and it feels like home. The people I work with are like family, they care about the community and one another. The most valuable thing to me is having a clear understanding of what we do in the community. The work we do gives me purpose and motivation every day! I am proud to work for such a wonderful organization.

Cons

Change is upon us, we need to remain open-minded & understand how things impact the communities we serve. It may not be perfect, but we will get there.

21 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Outsourcing of Essential Functions

Oct 30, 2019 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

competitive pay and employee perks such as subsidized meals in cafeteria

Cons

Company follows trend in American business culture of outsourcing essential functions normally performed by an internal HR department to an external company that has no connection to the values Dignity Health purports.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews