Cover image for Dignity Health

Dignity Health

Engaged Employer

Dignity Health

Add a Review

Dignity Health Employee Reviews about "staff"

Updated Dec 5, 2022

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dignity Health~2741
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and very up(in 332 reviews)
  • "Good Pay but the cost of living in Santa Cruz is one of the highest in the nation.(in 188 reviews)
  • "Great People working hard on the front lines and in mid level management.(in 113 reviews)
  • "Great Staff from the Physicians down to the Support Staff(in 92 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and friendly.(in 76 reviews)
Cons
  • "management is poor and will throw you under the bus(in 171 reviews)
  • "When I was applying for other jobs the manager would talk bad about me to the other employer so I wouldn’t get the job.(in 56 reviews)
  • "Upper management are also WAY overpaid.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership are at times out of step with the needs of the patients as they don't always listen to feedback from staff.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Lack of training, unable to adapt to covid workshift from work in office to work from home(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dignity Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place. Highly recommend

Oct 28, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and really care about their employees. Nurses and doctors and other healthcare professionals are all kind and warm hearted. Great place to work.

Cons

None. This place is highly recommended. Nothing negative to say.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We often hear from prospective candidates that they read our reviews on GlassDoor to get a better understanding of what it's like to work here, so your feedback is valuable. We love that you mentioned how great the staff are and what a great place Dignity Health is to work. We work hard to be the best place our team members have ever worked. We're thankful you took the time to share your thoughts here, as we're always looking for ways to reflect and improve.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 5, 2022 - Staff RN in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

people, teamwork, benefits, location, pay

Cons

not applicable to my experience

3. Join the Dignity Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Dec 4, 2022 - Nursing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and decent hours

Cons

Does not give maternity leave

5. 3.0

Not Union Not Union Not Union

Oct 26, 2022 - Security Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays better than other contracted security jobs. Security personnel at my location are in-house meaning we get to wear Dignity Health uniforms that are black in color. Full time employees get access to medical, dental and vision benefits as well as PTO hours. Overtime is available.

Cons

We are not unionized like every other Dignity Health Employee at every hospital. We get paid significantly less than any other Dignity Health employee even though we deal with a lot of dangerous situations on a daily basis. We are very understaffed. The nursing staff is not friendly with security personnel. Security personnel is often not acknowledged by the nursing staff.

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for the reivew and highlighting some of the benefits we offer to our staff. We work hard to be the best place our team members have ever worked. We also value the constructive feedback and are interested in learning more about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you – please contact careers@dignityhealth.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

6. 5.0

Great company

Dec 2, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, great coworkers and overall healthy work environment.

Cons

Horrible traffic going too and from work.. no other cons.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Nov 30, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for CNA s

Cons

A lot of turn over do to location

8. 5.0

student

Nov 30, 2022 - Nursing Student
    Business Outlook

Pros

team oriented, helpful to students

Cons

nothing really bad to say

9. 5.0

Good pay and benefits

Nov 27, 2022 - Registered Nurse in San Bernardino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and benefits, helpful staff, and kind doctors.

Cons

usually only one CNA on the floor

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Physician groups are great, Dignity is understaffed and has poor regional leadership

Nov 12, 2022 - Physician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, great patients, great staff

Cons

They are 40-50% understaffed at any time. Not enough managers/supervisors to manage a practice. Very bad accountants, always seem to lose money from outside programs. Don't know how to keep track of grant and deadlines. IT is a silo with no accountability and they mess up badly. All. The. Time. But never get fired or disciplined for the really bad patient outcomes and burnout they cause among providers. Regionally they have no leader to bring everything together or unify people to the same goals.

1 person found this review helpful

TA Brand Strategist

Thank you for your review and for recognizing your great colleagues and staff. Having great co-workers around you is important, and we work hard to hire, develop, and celebrate the best people. We are disappointed to learn that your experience does not meet our shared expectations and we are interested in learning more about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you – please contact careers@dignityhealth.org. We look forward to hearing from you.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 18, 2022 - Clinical Pharmacist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pharmacy Team, 10 hr shifts, culture

Cons

Acute healthcare can be tough! Periodically stressful. Not enough support staff due to productivity metrics. But that is commonplace in hospital setting.

TA Brand Strategist

We appreciate you sharing your review and highlighting your team and the culture of our organization. We've worked hard to create a culture where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We also value the constructive feedback and will share your thoughts with our teams. Thanks again fo the feedback and for all you do for our patients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 370 Reviews