Dillard's Business Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 138 reviews

2.0
Dillard's CEO Bill Dillard II
Bill Dillard II
  1. "As a business manager for Clinique I enjoyed the extra training they offered."

Former Employee - Business Manager in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cosmetics department offers great education and training. Even though I worked for Dillard's, all of my paid training came Clinique.

Cons

Dillard's management staff offered Very little support or training in Store procedures. Inventory is always a bummer in every retail environment but this store was really backwards

Dillard's2017-09-28
  2. "Dillard's"

Current Employee - Clinique Business Manager in Ridgeland, MS

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and good benefits

Cons

No weekends off and hours are long

Dillard's2017-09-21
  3. "Extremely high turnover and poor management!"

Current Employee - Selling Business Manager in Bee Cave, TX

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much pros, besides having some decent coworkers to get me through the daily grind and the 25% employee discount.

Cons

Poor management, high turnover, mediocre benefits, no balance between work and personal life! If you don't sell, up sell and meet your quota, when it's time for your performance review, they'll cut your pay down by at least $1 less an hour than what you've started with, which isn't much to begin in a first place!

Advice to Management

Pay more attention and cherish your employees and not just the bottom line! Without us, your family owned company is one big 0!!!!

Dillard's2017-09-11
  4. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in North Olmsted, OH

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

higher pay than most retailers

Cons

tough to make sales quotas

Advice to Management

more reasonable quotas

Dillard's2017-06-23

"Good overall, stressful most of the time, but the payoff is also very decent."

Current Employee - Selling Business Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are good, challenging and dynamic. Prestigious work environment. Good discounts, quality products to sell customers that you can confidently stand behind.

Cons

Poor adaptation to today's technology. It is sometimes difficult to get basic things accomplished because of the dated tech. This is apparently not the same at every store- some stores have updated systems.

Advice to Management

Stay away from drama and getting too personal. Go in with a mission to do good work and help your associates to grow with the company. If you have good intentions you will go far with this company. If you are going into it with a mindset that you have made it into management and you can finally relax a bit, you are highly mistaken. This is a stressful job and you will put a lot of work into it (sometimes you will feel...

Dillard's2017-05-19
  6. "Lots of work"

Current Employee - Selling Business Manager

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the job is interacting with customers and exceeding sales goals.

Cons

The downside of this job is it is overwhelmingly busy. Way too much to do for one person at this pay rate. It's unbelievable what is expected of you to accomplish in a short time. It's very stressful. Especially when you have a store full of people who aren't there for each other working as a cohesive team.

Advice to Management

Have fun! Treat all employees including all management with respect and appreciation. Be nice, show them they have value and, be there to listen and support!!!

Dillard's2017-05-09

"Good for short term"

Current Employee - Selling Business Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay Decently easy job Discount Staying up to date with trends

Cons

Unrealistic goals Short staffed Management disconnect Outdated technology

Advice to Management

Listen to under-management more often, we know the sales floor and what customers actually want better.

Dillard's2017-05-04

"WORST COMAPANY I'VE EVER WORKED FOR...WORST STORE MANAGEMENT, NO HR"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Dillard's for less than a year

Pros

I have not one good word about Dillards. I feel for the employees that are forced to deal with the managements wrath and vile personalities

Cons

Where do I start? Maybe this should be a thesis topic!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are human. The vast majority of managers at Dillards Park Meadows in Lone Tree, Colorado are the most unethical, unfair, glorified jerk managers I've ever worked with. This comes from 10 years experience as a retail executive. The jokers who run this Dillards should never run their own store! I feel awful for all the employees that still have to deal with their unmotivating, degrading...

Dillard's2017-06-05

"Policies Only Apply To Some"

Current Employee - Business Manager

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for more than a year

Pros

High pay at first, but if you don't make your SPH, they will cut your pay in the first 3 months. If you take a position, make sure you are in a high volume area.

Cons

-Policies and Rules only apply to certain people -Sales goal are unobtainable for certain areas of the store. I.E., Orgins, Edge, Juniors, Kids Department, Home Department. -If you upset the wrong member of management, a way will be found to terminate you. But don't worry, if you are friends with any member of management, you can steal time, steal merchandise, and constantly be late with absolutely no consequences.

Advice to Management

If company policies are going to be enforced, they need to be enforced to every employee. The rules should not only apply to certain people. When looking at peoples reviews, consider more than just SPH. Consider if the business has increased since that person got there. Consider the hours that they are working. I have watched Dillard's get rid of many hard working employees due to SPH, yet keep people who are making...

Dillard's2017-04-07
  10. "SBM"

Former Employee - Sales Business Manager in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Dillard's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee Discount, Meet New People, Good selection in merchandise, they're own brand is high quality, additional off days in merchandise with 65% off.

Cons

Store and Ops managers don't know what they're doing, No on the job training, Overworked, Sales Per Hour, No family time during holidays, No life other then Dillard's, Stressful work atmosphere, and No customer traffic.

Advice to Management

Update the company!!!

Dillard's2017-04-07