Dimension Data Reviews | Glassdoor

Dimension Data CEO Jason Goodall
Jason Goodall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work life balance due to overwhelming job" (in 41 reviews)

• "no work life balance, reduce of benefit" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic people, lots of cool opportunities"

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Dimension Data are second to none, incredible and inspiring professionals everywhere you turn. I'm especially impressed with the network of women in leadership here, and the #HeforShe support we have prominently across our global and regional executive teams. There are tons of opportunities for young talent at Dimension Data, with a variety of programs, chances to travel the world, and support systems among leadership.

Cons

It's a very fast-paced environment and people often wear a lot of "hats" to fulfill many objectives expected of us. Teams can be quite lean, so workloads can get heavy.

Advice to Management

Preserve our winning culture at all costs, most importantly. Invest in the right amount of headcount and rockstar team members to comprehensively execute our goals and our strategy.

2. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Client Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, Great Benefits, Great people to work with

Cons

The product line is large and sometimes it feels like we should focus more on fewer products

Advice to Management

Focus on what we are good at

3. "Great place to work, committed to transforming, strong community"

Current Employee - Group Vice President
    Current Employee - Group Vice President

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dimension Data is a workplace with a soul. For motivated and talented people this is a great place to work, having the freedom to apply your innovation and creativity to drive our core business and our transformation to a services led organization.

It has a long and proud heritage having globalized since inception in South Africa in 1983. It has strong backing from NTT one of the largest and most capable telecommunications and technology companies in the world.

There is a flat hierarchy and management from all levels are open to both being approached and being given feedback (of all types). It supports diversity in people and cultures, in the workplace practices and in promoting people from within.

The people are terrific. Overall open and welcoming; talented and eager to do a great job for our clients; and driven to grow and learn. On a personal front I've made more friends here than any other place I've worked.

As a diverse technology company there are a broad range services and consulting offered to clients - the company does a good job of helping people build and pursue their own career path within the organization. This aspect is part of the reason many people stay - we effectively have multiple careers within the same company.

Lastly, in many roles there is a great amount of flexibility for work styles and locations.

Cons

While there is strong diversity across the company including some in middle and upper management we would do well to have more.

As with many companies in the industry attracting strong female engineers and consultants in more junior ranks continues to be hard - this compounds the challenge of being able to promote female technical talent from within.

The pro of having flexibility and being a global company also means there can be a challenge of balancing working hours. This can be particularly challenging for those in global or multi-time-zone roles.

Advice to Management

I'm so proud to work at Dimension Data and to be a part of it's transformation. I'm eager for us to accelerate our consulting and services growth.

4. "Transformation creates opportunities"

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. The people I work with are smart and nice to work with.
    The company is going through a transformation which is creating lots of opportunities for those who are motivated to change and adapt.
    Working remotely is an option for most employees.
    Company is in a strong financial standing and owned by NTT Group.
    Compensation is top notch.

Cons

After 2-3 years of transformation and change, some of our great employees have left due to the org structure changes, etc. leading to some gaps in expertise.
    Company operates very lean which is good for financial performance but makes it hard to find the resources needed to get projects done.
    Very sales-centric culture. Top engineers and delivery personnel don't get as much recognition as top client managers.

Advice to Management

Recognize all top performers across the business. Fight to keep your strongest performers as this economy is making it very easy for top performers to get better offers elsewhere.
    Invest in recruiting and training more recent graduates and young professionals. They are going to be a key part of our future success.

5. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, friendly environment, family orientated and coffee in break room. Company strives for higher education by providing certificate opportunities as well as education reimbursement.

Cons

Located in Fort Mill, SC depending on where you are located the commute times are high. Sometimes it feels like departmental breakdown, you have to go through multiple a people to find answers.

6. "Okay environment"

Former Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Dimension Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the team building. I can speak for the Pleasanton office it truly felt like a team.

Cons

Work life balance. You'll have to put in extra hours to keep up and you'll be seen as a slacker.

7. "Excellent!"

I worked at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Management actually listens to the employees and tries to make changes. Compensation is at the top end of the market range. Willing to allow work from home.

Cons

Instability due to Hyper-Focus on existing product lines and a bureaucratic nightmare to add new services. Many jobs. Outdoor be saved if this barrier and others like it weren’t in place

8. "Great place to work"

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grow in the industry

Cons

None at the moment

"Disruptive, Unethical, Dishonest"

I worked at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people! Work life balance.

Cons

CEO of Americas struggling to keep the momentum of last year. HR is dishonest and unethical.

Advice to Management

Continue to clean house of those that make poor decisions.

"Not worth it, at least in my former team"

I worked at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Learning opt
    Free food
    Free snacks and drinks

Cons

NOC was not that fun to be apart of.
    Super low pay