Dimension Development Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management"

I have been working at Dimension Development Corporation full-time

Pros

Commitment to wanting to be the best.

Cons

Salary is low. Locations are very spread out and moving up seems tough to move up.

2. "Don't waste your time"

I have been working at Dimension Development Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Decent hours while employed
    -Nice Location
    -Some friendly employees and managers
    -Great hotel discounts
    -The company threw us a nice catered opening party with generous prizes

Cons

The hotel that I worked for was brand new and the management did not have it together. The training took weeks and actual role play was barely part of it. They put me on the front desk for my second shift by myself and topics were not covered in the training that came up during the shift while my manager/supervisor was off the clock sleeping upstairs in a room at the hotel. After that shift, those topics remained unexplained from the managements laziness which ended up getting me terminated after my fifth shift with no prior indication. They hired my replacement in my face and I still was told to help her during my last shift without realizing that she was taking over my job. I also would always show up early prior to my shifts, be willing to help out to stay after if needed, and was friendly to my co-workers and every guest. Also, the schedules were switched around last minute which lead to issues such as not having enough staff in each department and customers noticed by the lack of service they were receiving. Pay was poor for this position and amount of responsibilities assigned.

Advice to Management

Invest time to make sure each employee fully understands how to preform all of their tasks, be open for questions, make sure there is a supervisor or manager around at all times to guide staff during the first few weeks, inform employees if they need to improve in certain areas before terminating them with no indication.

3. "Great first company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Dimension Development Corporation full-time

Pros

Strong support from coworkers and on-property management. Freedom to do your job without micro-managing from the corporate level. Great work/life balance in a busy industry

Cons

My salary was not competitive with the market; though I do not think this was the case with all management

"Front Desk Supervisor"

Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dimension Development Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like a few people I work with

Cons

Corporate pays attention to only their GM and DOS. Everybody else gets the shaft.

Advice to Management

Pay better wages in an area that needs it. Can't even afford rent in my area

5. "Excellent, collaborative company"

Former Employee - Sales in Natchitoches, LA
    Former Employee - Sales in Natchitoches, LA

Pros

Upper Management is collaborative and open to hearing ideas from its middle management and allowing management to implement new ideas. This has helped them grow into larger and more profitable hotels as they have been able to attract better talent. This is a family owned business, so there are many long-term relationships established that are strong.

Cons

Needs better medical insurance..family insurance is upward of $7K year, not competitive with other Hotel chains.
    Also, the company is so willing to work with managers that sometimes they keep people on long after it is obvious that they aren't cutting it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep in touch personally with Hotel Management, and continue allowing each market to dictate sales strategy.