Dimensional Fund Advisors Vice President Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
David G. Booth

"Growing fast"

Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dimensional Fund Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Collaborative environment, quality people, unique business model, beautiful offices, new co-CEO’s making improvements in areas of need, winning in marketplace, no budgets, strong profit margins, growing faster than competitors, international job reported opportunities, work life balance is better than any other place I’ve worked, senior management very approachable, relatively flat structure

Cons

No dress down attire (except for IT staff in building 2), internal communication could improve, decision making is done by a few select at the top and could be passed further down the organization, need stronger leadership skills within management and executive ranks, hiring way too many people in sales (need to staff up more in non-sales functions), company discourages working from home

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on improving employee experience to make company more competitive, focus on improving leadership skills within the growing organization, improve internal communication, improve employee incentive plans and performance management program.

Dimensional Fund Advisors2019-01-24

"Growing fast"

Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dimensional Fund Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offices are sweet, fast growth and a lot of opportunity as a result, small company feel for being one of the biggest fund firms in the industry, international business growth a big focus, collaborative culture, work life balance (8-5 hours)

Cons

No work from home, benefits are just ok, inflexible work hours, business attire is not flexible (I.e. no business casual ever), a lot of Co-C level positions is very strange but I guess it works, leadership could be stronger.

Advice to Management

Be more employee experience focused and don't hire so many new people that don't know what they are doing. You can't keep throwing bodies at the problem. Be more forward thinking in the expansion plans and think about if we have a downturn. Focus on leadership development and succession planning more. We hire a lot of smart people with minimal industry or leadership experience and this needs to be better balanced going...

Dimensional Fund Advisors2017-03-05