- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Oakland, CA
- - Oakley, CA
- - Walnut Creek, CA
- - Concord, CA
Found 15 of over 15 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 2, 2022 - Teacher, Elementary School in Concord, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Loved it! Worked here as a student teacher.
Low support for teacher growth
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jul 24, 2022 - School Counselor in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lot's of great people work here..that care a lot about the students....
The Bishop and Archbishop are out of touch w/ reality....
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Faith filled community work with great people.
Easy to overwork yourself in the name of God.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Mar 30, 2021 - Homeroom TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The diocese is getting better at listening to what we are interested in for PD and providing resources.
The pay scale is significantly lower in comparison to neighboring dioceses and class sizes can potentially be higher than 35 students, depending on the grade.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 4, 2021 - Teacher in Walnut Creek, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working for a very stable organization
Not enough salary to live in the bay area
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Oct 2, 2020 - Teacher in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fun, fast pace, great students and parents. I worked with well educated, caring colleagues. Very good work/life balance.
Doesn't pay as much as public schools.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 24, 2019 - Executive Director in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Met a few nice people
Discriminatory, dysfunctional, inefficient, unethical, mismanaged and resistant to change. The diocese tends to hire friends, family and temps who lack the experience needed for the particular position. As a result, nothing gets done and money is spent bringing in consultants. For a non-profit that is supported by Catholics, it is a crime to witness so much waste and inefficiency.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 18, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice co-workers. If you believe in their values and can afford to make the low salaries, it is a decent place to work for.
The morality clause. The money. The retirement package. No protection - if one person doesn't like you, but the rest of the community does - they will fire you, even if you have worked there forever.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 5, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Really friendly people and great benefits package, and the offices are beautifully set by Lake Merritt and the Cathedral of Christ the Light in downtown Oakland
I have experience push back from co-workers and supervisors when trying to change processes to make things more efficient. The work culture feels a bit "do only what you're asked to do, no more, no less"
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 14, 2017 - TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Students are very polite and respectful. Many of them care about their education. Facilities are top notch. Most parents are nice.
Work/life balance is nonexistant. The administrators set impossible to meet expectations that are unsustainable over the long term. No one else in the bay area requires teachers to write formal lesson plans for every class, everyday. Administrators are bullying certain faculty and staff to get them to resign. Pay is a joke for the amount of work expected of you. Health insurance is abysmal. They won't pay for birth control. Very few of the faculty and staff are happy with the direction the new admin is taking the school. Lots of turnover. 6 people resigned in 2 months under the new admin, so far.....Continue reading