Diplomat Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Brian Griffin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Not too many things to do, Same exact thing over & over, not very challenging, not to mention low pay" (in 5 reviews)

• "Lack of communication and cross functional learning" (in 3 reviews)

"pharmacist manager"

Current Employee - Pharmacist Manager in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacist Manager in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Diplomat full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Taking care of patients and employees

Cons

none, many oppertunities for anyone who is ambitious

Advice to Management

none, keep up the good work

2. "Rotting from inside out!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Flint, MI

I worked at Diplomat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people helping patients. Benefits are competitive and the ability to make a difference in patient lives.

Cons

New executive leadership including CEO have removed everything that was great about this company. Culture has been destroyed and employees are not taken care of.

Advice to Management

Remember that the employees drive results not you! Take care of your people and they will take care of the patients and shareholders. If you’re looking for a reason why there are problems at Diplomat, look in the mirror. You have put the bottom line and shareholders ahead of your patients and employees and it shows.

"Bilingual Patient care coordinator"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative Pcc in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative Pcc in Flint, MI

I worked at Diplomat part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros if you live in genesee county single family home full time you’ll make decent living. They also offer certification classes.

Cons

Low wages. I was part time so I was never able to actually do refills.

Advice to Management

Know your employees it unbelievable to have worked there a year and 5 month have sat in front of your desk and you didn’t even know my name. When it came down to leaving the managers had nothing positive to say and made me feel like I was solely dependent on diplomat. It’s discouraging and I left feeling no better about the place. There’s a lack of communication between departments and for dealing specialty drugs the turn around time for patients to get meds is too long. Having to sit trough and watch cancer patients go without drugs for a month, is embarrassing. Overall would never recommend this place to any one I know or care about.

4. "you"

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Diplomat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Patients always come first case

Cons

A lack of communication skills

"Marketing Management"

I worked at Diplomat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I left Diplomat mid-2018. With the perspective of having been gone for six months, I appreciate how truly and exceptionally talented the staff is across many different departments. Being early in my career, it was an excellent place to learn alongside many outstanding professionals. I miss my coworkers every day.

Other highlights:
    -Career advancement tracks
    -Hard work is rewarded
    -Clear sense of purpose
    -Good PTO policy
    -Company works hard to encourage new ideas
    -General "can do" attitude across departments

Cons

The big downside of working at Diplomat is that "work/life balance" doesn't exist. In my experience, 40 hours wasn't enough. 60 was standard and 80 wasn't unheard of. After three years, I ran out of steam.

Diplomat is a good fit if you're a workaholic. Or, if you're looking to accelerate your career, it's a good place to learn -- you have to think of it like grad school.

6. "Data entry clerk"

I worked at Diplomat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program, helpful trainers, gym, relaxing work environment, good benifits. To name a few.

Cons

Not too many things to do, Same exact thing over & over, not very challenging, not to mention low pay.

Advice to Management

Pay more, have more rallys & games for better production. That's just to name a few.

7. "Pharmacy manager"

I worked at Diplomat full-time

Pros

Good company culture and patient care focus

Cons

Fast expansion contributes to mixed messages from different areas of the company

8. "Pharmacist"

I have been working at Diplomat full-time

Pros

Hours, Location, Schedule, Less stressful than retail

Cons

Accrued PTO, holidays, sick days,

"Sales"

I have been working at Diplomat full-time

Pros

Direct supervisors genuinely interested in growth of employees

Cons

Focus from patient care to dollar signs since going public. A whole new executive leadership team is making changes to adapt, grow and keep investors happy however the high touch patient care we once had seems to be diminishing. Beginning to feel more like one of the "Big Box" pharmacies instead of the local pharmacy it was years ago.
    Compensation is lower than industry average.

"This place is going downhill fast."

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Flint, MI

I worked at Diplomat part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good lunch vendors
    Weekends off
    Able to help people in need if you do it under 30 seconds.

Cons

Management consistently looking for petty new rules to lower quality of life for employees.
    They do not promote based on skill, this is a popularity contest. Heavy Favoritism in the company.
    You are always under the "watchful eye" of leads and supervisors and hounded 24/7. Be prepared for threats of termination over the smallest errors.
    Brand new lights in the building really emphasized how disgusting the building is.
    Very poor job security, constantly under stress.
    Their only goal is cutting costs and meeting metrics, the patient is not #1 priority here.
    Everything is an "occurrence".
    Do not trust any other employees, they will stab you in the back any chance they get to get management to like them more.
    Employees complained about not having enough help, yet management would not push any part time to full time.

Advice to Management

It's very clear this USED to be a great place to work, with their flags boasting "2015 Best Workplace". However it is now 2018 and those times are long gone. Employees were once inspired and empowered, now they are simply micromanaged. Instead of focusing on destroying morale you should try to help employees in need when they come to you. Cut out favoritism, focus on employee performance. Leads are obviously chosen because they are part of the "clique" and liked by management. Leads were horrible and lacked knowledge and at times were rude and disrespectful.