Direct Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James Broom

1. "Phenomenal Company, Great Culture, Endless Growth."

Current Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Located just off of Woodbury ave. in Portsmouth NH. I've loved it here since day one. There is a lot of opportunity for growth, and can climb the ladder quickly. The culture here is an attribute that I believe keeps a lot of employees around. Compensation is extremely solid as well.

Cons

I would like the option to work from home sometimes, but that will come down the road. I understand the mentality of trying to have everyone in the building, it creates energy and togetherness.

Advice to Management

Management has been amazing in my time here. I'm in sales and from the entry level position to where I am now, each manager along the way has provided a road map on how to excel and climb to the next position. I can't say enough great things about the management team here.

"My Favorite Core Value: "Bring it. Passion-all day, every day""

Current Employee - Fund Manager in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Fund Manager in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 10 Core Values of Direct Capital are no joke and their importance is consistently reinforced by DCC's way of doing business. I came to Direct Capital from a company that placed little value on entrepreneurial spirit. I've found that the management at Direct Capital not only appreciates, but encourages, questions, ideas and opinions. It's an environment that fosters employee engagement, creating a healthy work environment and cultivating innovation. I look forward to a great future with the company!

Cons

It would be great to have an on-site representative from CIT Corporate, our parent company, to handle questions related to payroll, benefits, etc.

Advice to Management

The effort to involve employees in every day decisions and to create forums that encourage discussion and participation does not go unnoticed.

""Be Point Blank" translates to ruthless and heartless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Direct Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is that I suppose it beats being unemployed. Direct Capital operates in an antiquated, inflexible business world circa 1971. The CEO seemed like a nice guy, but he also turned a blind eye to poor management.

Cons

Autonomy came to Direct Capital to die. Strategic vision is lacking and upward mobility depends on your honed back-biting skills. Management will promise promotions and rewards that never materialize.

Advice to Management

Stop burning through skilled employees and instead nurture career growth. Advocacy and autonomy lead to a loyal and hard-working staff.

"Business Development Rep"

Pros

Some of the best people I have ever worked with. Presentation of the company is very nice.

Cons

Not much growth, needs more of a handle on HR. Would like to see some proper training on incoming employees.

Advice to Management

Instead of restructuring, see what employees in current roles have to offer for higher jobs. Pay your employees fairly.

"Great company to be part of!"

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Direct Capital allows unlimited growth potential. The company is supportive of individual's careers and helping shape their path to success. Direct Capital is built on core values and making sure it's employees truly embody these values in their actions everyday.

Cons

If you don't like change this isn't the place for you.

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Sales Management in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Endless opportunity for those willing to grow. If you see change as a open door then this is the place for you. There are great opportunities with DCC as they grow. Controlling your career by doing the right things every day will get you there.

Cons

Not a good place for those who are complacent. If your seeking a job that is easy and the scenery never changes this is NOT the place for you.

"Sales"

Pros

There were no pros to working for this company

Cons

Unethical Company on many levels

"Product Owner"

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time

Pros

Innovative company, growing quickly, with amazing people and a truly compelling vision.

Cons

Growth pains; progress is often slowed down as a result of getting bigger. Direct Capital suffers mildly from this common symptom of success.

Advice to Management

Invest in world-class people. Entering the top tier of an industry requires brilliant people, that are likely not cheap or easy to find. Invest in getting those people.

"Change is the only constant, so change is upon us..."

Current Employee - Operations in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Operations in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

Excellent leadership (not management but leadership) fast paced, change driven environment. Employees are empowered to make decisions and are encouraged to do so. HR team is knowledgeable and extremely helpful and company has events to keep employees motivated.

The negative reviews on here are easily identified as former employees who were looking for a place to coast - which isn't here. Direct Capital is really a place for the truly motivated.

Since the Direct Capital / CIT partnership the benefits and pay structure have improved greatly. We now have tuition reimbursement and cost efficient health insurance. Heck we even have Pet Insurance!

Cons

The free coffee isn't the best, but it is free so that isn't too bad. Feels like the company should have a game room as we have a gym and a "Beatles Lounge" - but again not really Cons. The only real con I have found is a lack of parking after the lunch hour

Advice to Management

Keep the company living up to the core values - this will enable the company to continue to grow especially with the recent partnership.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - New Hampshire in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - New Hampshire in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Direct Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very family oriented, cares about the employee. Great culture environment to work in.

Cons

Communications is slow. Trust that your Employees can take good news as well as bad news..

Advice to Management

Don't forget how we got here. Hard work from all employees, not just upset management.