Direct Line Group Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2019

3.9
Direct Line Group CEO Penny James
Penny James
  1. "Good pay, rubbish location, robotic mindset required"

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is amazing as long as you hit targets (although some unachievable) Easy job (if you don’t mind being a robot and having the same conversations everyday)

Cons

Location as it is in the town centre is terrible as there is no parking available I was informed the the job would require me to work every other weekend, however upon joining they suddenly sprung it on the whole team that we would have to work every single Saturday without choice If you do not hit targets you will be held accountable no matter what Office is constantly hot then freezing with no in... between You have to be a robot and you should be expected to take call after call without even a sip of water Lastly this next point is a fact about the insurance industry in general as I have realised it is a very untrustworthy industry which has no real reason why customers prices would go up for car insurance when they don’t have any claims or convictions etc and you are expected to explain this to the customer which nobody believes as the prices are extortionate even with the staff discount you are offered as an employee. As there is no real reason why customers prices increase when nothing changes customers often give you a low score which impacts your bonus even though you work hard to give a good service if the price is not right for the customers expect your bonus to be affected And ps you are expected to arrive 20 minutes before your shift starts as you must be ready to start work at an exact time to the second !! Management do not really care although they do a good job of acting like it

Advice to Management

Use a better system and realise humans aren’t robots

Direct Line Group2019-10-24
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Consultant in Doncaster, England

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money was good, people you meet

Cons

Not a lot really, treat you well

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Direct Line Group2019-09-18
  3. "An okay place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are amazing, the job gets easier, good pay

Cons

The hours aren’t brilliant. The cliques The only way of progressing would be a team leader route

Advice to Management

Pay more to staff that stay longer. The basic Salary is usually increased but nothing for existing staff? Loyalty means nothing to staff and customers.

Direct Line Group2019-09-10

"Good hours"

Current Employee - Motor Sales Consultant

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent hours, relatively easy to hit targets

Cons

New starters given the same pay as experienced staff

Advice to Management

Look after experienced loyal staff better.

Direct Line Group2019-07-10
  5. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant in Leeds, England

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loads of benefits with job

Cons

Unrelenting targets which are sometimes unrealistic

Direct Line Group2019-07-02
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work great benefits

Cons

I can’t find any cons

Direct Line Group2019-06-25
  7. "not too bad for a stepping stone"

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

opportunity to learn different types of insurance, good benefits/bonus

Cons

only room for improvement if you fit a certain jigsaw

Direct Line Group2019-05-23
  8. "Fantastic Place to work! highly recommended"

Current Employee - Travel Sales Consultant in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff are truly valued as individuals. Support network is fantastic Atmosphere is great Wages are reviewed periodically, and are at a good standard Career progression is encouraged and nurtured Management, Sr Management and Senior staff are all approachable and friendly, and treat everyone with respect. Regular training refreshers keep staff up to date with company changes Company values customers and staff.... Customer journey and business is appreciated, valued and not taken for granted or exploited. Staff benefits are excellent, even for new starters within probation period.

Cons

Can honestly not think of any Cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to support staff in the way you are.

Direct Line Group2019-04-29
  9. "How it's been going : )"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined DLG in March 2018 - coming up to my Year Anniversary! :D Since I started I have had so many wonderful days here! Too many to mention - some of my favourite days have been around the Christmas period - we had carol-er's :D DLG have given me really good incentives to become the best person I can be here - having welfare chats and ongoing training and support since I started. I do really feel I have become... part of a lovely little family- my team have become some of my best friends. My Team Leader is also really supportive and helps me through some tough day. I would recommend joining us here - you will not regret it!

Cons

The job role can sometimes be challenging - but there is always help to hand to put me on the right track and reassure me that I can achieve anything.

Advice to Management

To continue helping and supporting our staff / new starter's when going through training and each individual journey we come across. The time and effort being put into us is fab! Don't stop :)

Direct Line Group2019-02-01
  10. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Motor Sales Consultant in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

At DLG, despite the size of company, the open door policy makes all employees feel like they belong. As as consultant, I have just as much access to my direct line manager and his manager and the centre manager as the next person. Because of this, I have never felt the need to put any issues past my direct line manager who is my Team Leader. The business is very customer focused and we are supported to ensure that... our customers receive the best service possible. We the staff are not ignored either. We are supported both at work and on a personal level and I personally have never felt that I cannot go to my line manager with any issues, work or otherwise. Make no mistake, the expected standard is really really high and you have to put in the hard work, this is a fair expectation in my opinion and the rewards are fair as well. If you put your heart into your work and do what is expected of you, you will find this a really great place to work. This is coming from someone who has absolutely no background in working at call centres!! The training is thorough and the support is constant. I am generally happy here. I am confident that as long as I do what is expected of me, I have job security.

Cons

It is a challenging role, but what isn't? The nature of the job means that you will have many ups and downs. On a personal note, there is nothing out of the ordinary that I would consider a con working here. It is just the normal challenges that come with the role I have.

Advice to Management

All I can say is that the support we get is much appreciated, both work and otherwise and please continue to treat us with the respect and the appreciation that we have come to see from you.

Direct Line Group2019-01-31