Direct Line Group Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 11 reviews

2.6
Direct Line Group CEO Penny James
Penny James
  1. "Brilliant place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Doncaster, England

I worked at Direct Line Group part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay, Great team of people, Excellent training and support. Excellent staff parties.

Cons

None that I can think of

Direct Line Group2019-09-24

October 1, 2019Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it's fantastic to hear that you have such positive things to say about working for DLG in Doncaster.

2. "Working here"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Direct Line Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good TL Friendly Room for progress Training Flexible

Cons

None None None No parking Change

Direct Line Group2019-09-03

September 24, 2019Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Lovely little review! Great to hear you loved working here :)

3. "think twice before applying"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible working hours good location friendly co-workers

Cons

terrible management team no pay for statuary sick leaves (not sure it is legal) profit only working environment

Advice to Management

change your management structures. don't just focus on profits and targets. There are real people out there who wants to work in a supportive environment not in the jungles!

Direct Line Group2019-06-24

July 3, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you're benefiting from our flexible working options and you have a friendly team around you. We'd encourage you to speak to your manager to look to resolve any issues at work. Also, just to reassure you, when eligible, DLG employees do receive statutory sick pay. This doesn't always show on your payslip because if you’re receiving company sick pay it exceeds the statutory amount. If you're ever unsure whether your pay is correct the HR team will be able to help.

4. "How to make friends and influence people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ipswich, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is adequate for the job. The unit managers are engaged and the CEO is approachable (Penny James). The locations is good for alternative methods of transportation than driving as there is no parking or subsidised parking. Always trying new things to motivate the call centre agents such as free fruit and promotional merchandise etc. Friendly agents and a load of diveristy in who works there.

Cons

Sickness and their disciplinary plans are very heavy handed even when medical evidence is submitted. Only the right people can achieve career progression. Many good agents get overlooked because they don’t fit in with the team leader demographics, regardless of continual outstanding performanc. Some team leaders seem to penalise some members more than others, favourism is a big thing in DLG.

Advice to Management

Mostly a good place to work but there needs to be a wider selection of agents ‘stepping up’ and not the same ones over and over. How will you know there is a hidden gem if you don’t give them a go? Don’t tar all with the same brush when it comes to sickness. An 18 y.o triggers cannot be compared to someone who has pre-existing medical conditions and the constant worry of being one of the annual ‘kull’ that occurs... before the quieter months (I have seen this over many years, not just spectaculation).

Direct Line Group2019-04-01
  5. "Same as any other telephone based customer service role"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Croydon, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free shares, central location easy

Cons

none that i can think of

Advice to Management

none

Direct Line Group2019-03-10

March 22, 2019Specialist Recruitment Consultant / Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for your review! Last year's amazing free shares contribution was a gift to us all after a great year, it's great to feel so invested in a company!

6. "Customer Services"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in London, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group for more than 8 years

Pros

Really good benefits but that is all

Cons

On you back all the time with targets length of time on calls what you say on phone and almost majority staff on disciplinary notice

Advice to Management

Stop harassing staff get managers that do not seem to do anything on phones. Stop the over monitoring and nit picking of audits or you will have no staff left

Direct Line Group2019-03-19

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not really many pros about the job to be fair apart from the latest you work is 6pm

Cons

Well... They have ancient systems that never work and servers always crash, The managers are all young, immature and inexperienced. You get a lovely telling off for taking more than 4 minutes for a "comfort break" The canteen is awful. If they overpay you they send you a letter, dodge all the phone calls you make to fix it and then finally sell you to a debt collector...

Advice to Management

"Management"...

Direct Line Group2019-03-11

March 22, 2019Specialist Recruitment Consultant / Recruitment Marketing

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us, glad you like the hours we offer - every little bit counts to get the perfect work/life balance. You'll be pleased to hear that our systems and servers are going through an upgrade so that it can be easier for us to give our customers the amazing service we're known for!

8. "AMAZING OFFICE/GREAT PEOPLE"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leeds, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Modern office - Hot food - Great staff - Felt looked after from the start

Cons

None at all so far

Direct Line Group2019-01-16

January 21, 2019Recruitment Marketing Consultant

What a lovely little review! Thank you :)

"Worst company with horrible Team leaders"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ipswich, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working since 2 years. There are no great benefits other company offers much more than DLG while taking care of the employee.

Cons

I am a current employee. It's a very horrible place to work. I had been bullied, harassed so much that my health affected badly that I could not work anymore and had to give my registration. My exist made so difficult and stressful. I will definitely not recommend anybody to work for DLG.

Advice to Management

Management should do a safety check of contact centers regularly and should not forget that employee is a human being and not a robot that we can impose unrealistic targets that it will affect their mental wellbeing and end up paying for mediation which DLG does not compensate.

Direct Line Group2018-11-30

December 5, 2018Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Hey there, thank you for your review . We would like to talk to you further about your concerns and let you know that your HR Rep is on hand to sit down and talk to you at any point. We want to support all of our team members and we do pride ourselves on the support we do offer. Please do reach out and speak to your Rep. Thanks

"Speaks for itself"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leeds, England

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not available - see cons for details

Cons

Everything. Firstly, working hours were awful. I was offered a 'flexible' contract but was fixed so I had to work from 8am one week, then to 8pm the next week. Flexible my back side. Secondly, I was rejected pay for one whole month because I had to take time off due to mental illness. Thirdly, I was told that once I had finished at Direct Line, I would receive a final paycheque and some would be recovered... which I understood and accepted. On my final payday, I received a letter from them explaining that I was not going to receive anything and I owed them money. Fourth, the holiday structure was abysmal. You get an allotted amount of holiday through the year, fair enough. What they don't tell you is they they have the 'right' to refuse you having holiday at all and you can't take holiday within 7 days of the day itself. For example, when I had to take the day off because my stepfather had passed away and I had to attend his funeral, they put it down as a sick day and still deducted the pay. Fifth, they advertise progression opportunities. This is absolutely not the case. Over the 15 months I was there, not a single person in our 120+ workforce were offered the opportunity to even apply for other roles. Sixth, I suffer with Bipolar disorder and also Chronic Anxiety. One day I had an anxiety attack which would have been enough to make me bed-bound for the following 24 hours had I had it anywhere else. However because I was at work and only had 4 hours left of a shift, I was told I was in a fit enough state to go back on the phone and complete my days work. Seventh, I had to be retrained four times as they had found that I had been fed incorrect information. How can people get it wrong four times?!?! It's their business.

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with people and also learn how to tell people the correct information.

Direct Line Group2018-06-15

July 20, 2018Specialist Recruitment Consultant / Recruitment Marketing

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review. At DLG we feel all our employees should have a voice and should feel comfortable to share their opinions. We are sorry to hear your experience with us hasn’t been positive, that certainly isn’t how we want our employees to feel. We are always looking for ways to do things the best that we can, If you’d like to chat about this further, please contact us on dlgroupcareers@directlinegroup.co.uk.

Found 11 reviews