Direct Line Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Penny James
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work great benefits

Cons

I can’t find any cons

Direct Line Group2019-06-25

July 3, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thank you so much for your review and for the great work over your 10 years at DLG!

2. "Claims Handler"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for as there are nice people and you get great discounts on car and house insurance.

Cons

Understaffed, which means you’re always stressed and have to work under a lot of pressure to get the work done! The systems are very slow too (when it doesn’t crash leaving you unable to do any work at all)! This is all very frustrating!

Advice to Management

Get more people in, pay better salaries as this is possibly the main reason a lot people leave all the time, fix the systems, etc.

Direct Line Group2019-07-09
  3. "Company tries really hard"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities, pay, holidays, benefits, good environment, lot of effort to support staff

Cons

It’s a call centre.

Direct Line Group2019-06-23

June 24, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that there you're offered lot's of opportunities and support in your role. We really do have the best people and we want to make sure your hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

4. "Great Organisational Culture"

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits for Employees Transparent so no hidden agendas Culture of the organisation is very inclusive

Cons

Pay could be better for the type of role I am doing - Lower end of the range Training (in the legal department) is an issue

Direct Line Group2019-07-05
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Bromley, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social environment and great people to work with.

Cons

Bromley is a bit tough to get to!

Direct Line Group2019-06-20

June 24, 2019Recruitment Consultant

The people are 100% what makes DLG such a great place to work. Thanks for your review.

6. "Disappointed!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Castle Donington, England

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time

Pros

good pension, free hot chocolates and coffee and some nice members of staff who do actually want to work and do well.

Cons

The training was terrible and a waste of time as the trainer spent more time chatting to other members of staff,turned up nearly 2 hours late as hungover and having competitions on who can fit the most food in there mouth.There is so much to learn with this role and alot is learning as you go along but you only get shown and told the basics then off you go to stumble through the calls. On occasions when i was unsure... what to do i did'nt get the support needed as i had to ask for help every 5 minutes, and was asked to do things ive not even been shown how to do so constantly pestering other CSA's to stop what there doing and show me. I asked for help a couple of times and was ignored including when i didnt know how to map the s drive for the shared email box and was told in a snappy voice by the team leader you have the email for that, the email contained the link but i didnt know how to do it and neither did any other CSA's when i asked. The office at times was unprofessional with staff spending more time on facebook,chatting and messing about including the team leader when the time could have been spent sitting with me to watch over my work and help where needed. Parts of the job were not explained at the interview like the fact you will have to go out to see customers cars to check the damage,tyres,horn etc.... to make sure everything is working then take photos. Times i would be on the phone to a customer with people shouting and swearing in the background or the cleaner ramming the hoover under your desk as your trying to hear the customer on the other end of the line. After reading all the good reviews on here im really disappointed at my experience and have to share what i seen as unfortunately it was not that great.

Direct Line Group2019-07-02

July 3, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's disappointing to hear that you've had this experience at DLG and you didn't get the onboarding and induction that we aim to give all new joiners. We'd like to look into some of the points you've raised, if you would be happy to get in touch with the HR team we can discuss this further.

"Go somewhere else if you want your salary to keep up with inflation and your effort recognised, not your brown nose"

Current Employee - DL4B and Personal Lines in London, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible working and good work/life balance. - Good company values, shame you won't go far if you happen to follow them.

Cons

- It used to be a good place to work until a senior hiring was made in DL4B marketing department, now it's all run by nepotism and favoritism. - Personal Lines is no different, when a position opens it will be given to a friend, with internal candidates ignored without the chance of an interview. - Extremely rigid structure with lots of politics involved. - Totally averse to change despite all they say. Changing... something costs so much effort and time that it's not worth it. - No career progression and salaries are dictated by a very rigid old fashion HR system not in touch with the market, which means that you may work extremely hard one year and they will tell you that your salary increase will be 0.05% because you are already being paid the correct amount according to how they benchmarked the position some time 10 years ago... So you will effectively lose purchasing power since salaries won't keep up with inflation. - Always running behind targets which are set up unrealistically high and without considering that the products don't keep up with the competition so everyone will be stressed out but there will not be much they can actually do and colleagues will be laid off because it's the easiest thing to do

Advice to Management

Get new management.

Direct Line Group2019-06-24

July 3, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for sharing such an honest review. We’d like to think that our people can speak to their managers to resolve any issues or frustrations they might have at work. However, if you feel that you’re unable to do this we’d encourage you to get in touch with the HR team.

8. "think twice before applying"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible working hours good location friendly co-workers

Cons

terrible management team no pay for statuary sick leaves (not sure it is legal) profit only working environment

Advice to Management

change your management structures. don't just focus on profits and targets. There are real people out there who wants to work in a supportive environment not in the jungles!

Direct Line Group2019-06-24

July 3, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you're benefiting from our flexible working options and you have a friendly team around you. We'd encourage you to speak to your manager to look to resolve any issues at work. Also, just to reassure you, when eligible, DLG employees do receive statutory sick pay. This doesn't always show on your payslip because if you’re receiving company sick pay it exceeds the statutory amount. If you're ever unsure whether your pay is correct the HR team will be able to help.

9. "Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities in the company to shape your career

Cons

Fast paced workplace environment and must do your best

Direct Line Group2019-06-06

June 24, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thanks for your review. There really are some fantastic opportunities and it sounds like you're making the most of it!

10. "Only progression is to move to Head Office"

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, cool office, great HR Director.

Cons

Office politics, people that have worked there for a long time stuck in there ways, only progression was to become a people manager. Poor salaries

Direct Line Group2019-06-20

June 24, 2019Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your review. The office spaces and the environment here at DLG really are great. Personal growth and development at DLG is something we know is very important to our people and it’s important to us too. All our people managers are trained to offer support with your career development and all our people have access to i-Learn, our one stop shop for learning, to access e-modules, courses or seminars to help with their development and there’s even the option to apply to study a professional qualification.

Found 490 reviews