Direct Line Group "dlg" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2019

4.0
Direct Line Group CEO Penny James
Penny James

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time

Pros

Excellent work/life balance Friendly atmosphere/environment Motivated teams with great work ethic Everyone is so helpful and lovely Exciting events and fun prizes/games on a daily basis throughout the company 100% recommend being a part of DLG Company contributes to the environment by volunteering and completing 1 day events (bag packing, gardening etc.)

Cons

Can't think of any right now

Direct Line Group2018-12-05

"Proactive, Diverse and Supportive Employer"

Current Employee - People Team Leader in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Forward thinking business with a passion to make things much easier for our people and our customers. With great benefits, career progression, compensation and a wonderful atmosphere where hierarchy isn't the be all and end all but is inclusive DLG is hands down the best employer I've ever had the pleasure to work for.

Cons

I really enjoy working here but if I'm being picky there are certain repetitive tasks that are expected in the role.

Advice to Management

Management really embrace people for who they are, they are supportive coaches and inspiring leaders who take the time to learn their role to help their teams be the best they can be.

Direct Line Group2018-12-03

"16 years and still going strong"

Current Employee - Underwriting Manager in Bromley, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing culture which enables employees to perform their best.

Cons

I have non for DLG.

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Continue to invest in your people and we will pay it back in loyalty and ultimately value.

Direct Line Group2018-11-26

"Support Deak"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Work/Life balance Friendly Atmosphere and welcoming environment Motivated Teams with great work ethic Everyone is so helpful and lovely Exciting events and fun prizes/games on a daily basis throughout the company 100% recommend being a part of DLG

Cons

No cons - can't think of any

Direct Line Group2018-12-03

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time

Pros

The best thing about DLG is definitely the culture, especially as it is such a a big company it is refreshing to have an environment where you always feel welcome and everyone supports each other.

Cons

The systems used could be better/ faster

Direct Line Group2018-12-10
  6. "Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some great people that really care and want to make a difference, the buzz you feel when you walk in on a morning or go home on an evening is fantastic. The people make this company a great place to work

Cons

Technology is the biggest concerns but finally we are just about to launch the systems that will support the mission that dlg want to achieve

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people they come up with some fantastic ideas to make it a better place for everyone

Direct Line Group2018-12-05

"Customer service advisor"

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time

Pros

Really good management and flexible company to work for with major working benefits.

Cons

There isn’t any cons at dlg

Direct Line Group2018-11-11
  8. "Too good to be true"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some work technicalities if you are in insurance business

Cons

Too many positive reviews mostly articulate and well chosen words ... Too good to be true - It must be your last resort to work ! In my office I have seen it all - bullying, harassment, some degree of racism . The Manager got promoted out of no where after used to be normal customer guy !?suddenly to be in charge of over 100 employees that's a challenge . So many good competent colleagues driven out and as many other colleagues mentioned in their reviews, lack of professionalism and ethics is a major problem in DLG and this affects employees and customers .

Advice to Management

Instead of trying to influence some reviews and almost cut & paste your broken clichés of great office etc etc try to make some real changes in your manners and management . Nevertheless, good managers attracts good employees and vice versa.

Direct Line Group2018-12-27

"Great dynamic and innovative FTSE 100 Insurance Group"

I worked at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interview process has changed in recent years, I joined the company 2011. Company management is forward thinking, good working environment, teamwork and the business tends to celebrate success in many ways. Multi brand and multi channel insurance group You can also get support for further studies etc. I would recommend DLG

Cons

career opportunities in certain segments were limited during my time, it may well have improved now.

Advice to Management

invest more in people and have more engagements to enable committed and driven individuals with proven success to progress within the Group

Direct Line Group2018-10-26

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at Direct Line Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture - you’re able to come into work in casual clothes, there are many different platforms to put forward ideas and give feedback, DLG live by their values, the leadership team are all approachable and look after their employees. Benefits - extra 9% pension contribution on top of your base salary. 50% off car, home and pet insurance and free travel insurance and breakdown cover.

Cons

I have worked here for 10 years and it just keeps getting better and better. Honestly struggling to think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Continue with the journey we are on. We are constantly evolving and living up to being a market leader whilst keeping our customers and employees at the heart of everything.

Direct Line Group2018-10-18