DirectSat USA Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Dan Yannantuono
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Pay, Okay benefits, A lot of work"

Current Employee - DirecTV Technician
    Current Employee - DirecTV Technician

I have been working at DirectSat USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DirectSat pays very well. I am a satellite technician and I bring in around $70,000 per year, on average, which is pretty good where I live for not needing a degree. If you are willing to put in the hard work, you will be rewarded. Management sticks with you. If you are put in a tough situation with a customer, management will get you out of their. They really do care about your personal safety. If a customer wants you to put your personal safety at risk, your supervisor will always take your side and will never force you to do anything unsafe.

Cons

You work. A lot. You work 6 days a week all summer long, sometimes even a 5 month stretch. Then you work 6 days a week for a couple months in winter. You have far more 6 day weeks than 5 day weeks in the year. On the weeks where you do work 5 days, you dont get two days off in a row. I personally have Sunday and Wednesday off when I am on 5 days. Benefits are decent, but nothing special. Management makes less than techs, so if you want to move up in the company, expect a pay cut.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about my management situation. They do their job, I do mine, there are no quarrels.

"Best company I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DirectSat USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The main thing is that you have an infinite amount of ways to make money at this company do you get paid for pretty much every little thing you do they also have good benefits medical dental vision short long term disability PTO and bonuses depending on how long you been with the company

Cons

Some of the cons are how you get your raise they do it by every 3 months I think it should be at least 6 months plus they're always changing up the scorecard I understand I do it to keep you on your toes but sometimes it's just too much some of the other contract they have out with other companies don't really pay as well and most of the time its a waste of the techs time also there's no kind of pension plan they do have a 401k which I do invest in but depending on the state the company is in sometimes they match $0.50 on the dollar up to 3% and sometimes they don't

Advice to Management

Just think you need to put some kind of system in place for your long-term technicians specially the one who's been there over 10 years specially for this kind of job it really wears on your body after a while other than that you're doing a good job and i enjoy where I work

3. "Dispatcher/Coordinator"

Former Employee - Dispatcher/Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher/Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DirectSat USA (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a fun and friendly.

Cons

The pay wasn't enough. But I enjoyed it.

Advice to Management

Raise wages

"Positive learning experience"

Current Employee - Intern in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

Extremely efficient logistics company. Company is headed toward continuous growth after initial financial instability. Management is very direct in direction and what is needed. Not a place for people who are unable to meet deadlines or work hard.

Cons

Work environment was somewhat strange. Competition between workers was extremely evident, workers seemed to sometimes not want to share information or offer help due to the fact that the company might seek to cut down.

Advice to Management

Extremely good leadership, especially in regard to prioritizing what needed to be done and the goals of the week. Possibly, be more understanding to employees and cut loose people who are deemed to be slackers.