Discountmugs.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Discountmugs.com Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2019

3.8
Discountmugs.com CEO Sai Koppaka (no image)
Sai Koppaka
Pros
  • "A couple of months back I completed an assignment on Discountmugs for school(in 7 reviews)

• "I have been working with Discount Mugs for a little over 13 years and could not ask for a better company to work for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Only one week paid vacation, no 401k or similar retirement options(in 8 reviews)

• "Insufficient bathrooms for the amount of employees(in 6 reviews)

1. "Working at Bel"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of working at Discount Mugs/BEL USA is the friendly environment and that everyone is willing to give you a helping hand when you need it. Often times i find myself building relationships with the clients that call in as well, it is a very client oriented company where the needs of our consumers is the top priority while still catering to the needs of the employees. Luckily, with such a friendly staff... that goal isn't very hard obtain. Everyone being on the same page is essential in any business and I believe Bel executes this very professionally.

Cons

Like most companies, punctuality is a key point in the professionalism they bring to the table. The only down side i can think of is the attendance system, it is a point based system where being tardy within 15 minutes has a half point penalty and anything after that would be considered a full point. Missing a day also would add a whole point, if not excused. It is a reasonable system, however I believe there should... be at least a 3 minute grace period of some sort before receiving the penalty.

Advice to Management

Keep up the friendly environment and the inclusive work activities that are being provided

Discountmugs.com2018-11-09
  2. "my experience working here"

Current Employee - Other in Miami, FL

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health benefits, recognition's, Job perks, food trucks

Cons

parking, crowded, short lunch breaks, combine breaks

Advice to Management

Bring back suggestion box, do more company activities

Discountmugs.com2019-06-12
  3. "No so good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medley, FL

I worked at Discountmugs.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Noting good to say , insurance, dentist, glasses Cafeteria

Cons

lack knowledge , employed work with fear , no attention to the employee need it,

Advice to Management

A lot of people with lack knowledge

Discountmugs.com2019-07-03

"Horrible management and work load"

Former Employee - Chargeback Analyst in Okeechobee, FL

I worked at Discountmugs.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are zero pros in this company

Cons

They like to glorify any little mistake one makes even though we're over worked and get paid horrible. Think the only girl left working with the charge backs Jessica was her name was left and I'm pretty sure. They like to play the blame game and throw the blame on people that work hard which makes sense because higher ups need to blame someone for their crap training and who would want a good worker to go over them... when they can slack off and play the blame game on people who are over worked. We used to be a team and we all left and I'm Jessica will be blamed for things when everyone should be vigilant not just one person with 1000s of orders to take care of again another reason why all the good workers leave. Either way that place is a learning experience for one to see their own self worth and gain experience, learn as much as possible cause I the end they are only using you till you are of no more worth. So why not do the same and gain from it. So I'm sure she's the only one left and will get blamed for everyone else poor managing that's not a job for one person. Definitely shouldn't be and they will get theirs since they abuse of good workers. Good luck to all the hard workers being used by this vile company.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of good workers and help them grow. Don't leave one person to do many jobs. Or a huge workload for more than one person. It's wrong and you need to be better leaders don't just sit there and play the blame game. Sooner or later you also will be in that position.

Discountmugs.com2019-06-05
  5. "Good for a time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Discountmugs.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for entry-level design work and some opportunity for growth. Good for gaining some basic, real-world graphic experience. Strong company with a good and certain future.

Cons

Dont expect to really explore your creativity here.

Discountmugs.com2019-04-24
  6. "Bel Promo"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with growth opportunities, started a year ago as a customer service representative and just got promoted to a senior customer service representative.

Cons

Parking can be improved on.

Discountmugs.com2018-10-24
  7. "Amazing Workplace!"

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of my job is the people I work with. I started working here only a few months ago and everyone was very welcoming and nice. They truly make coming to work fun and enjoyable. The quality of work is great and challenging. I learn something new almost every day which is something I enjoy.

Cons

I would have to say the only con would be the lack of interaction within the different departments. It would be great to have a lunch area so that everyone can interact more often. It's easy to get so caught up in your work that you don't get that chance to meet new people.

Advice to Management

I think management does a really great job in making decisions and applying those decisions to make the company not only a better place to work but also successful.

8. "Glad I came"

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I haven't been at Discount Mugs very long but I can honestly say its been the best experience so far that I've had at ANY job. Pay is great, My co workers are friendly, its clean, stress-free and the perks are even better. Perks -There's an on-site Cuban cafe that serves both breakfast and lunch and also microwaves vending machines and refrigerators for any employee. -Weekly food trucks and Car... wash! -Vending Machines -Happy Hours etc. The perk I take advantage of the most is the Tickets at Work discount program which I have used so far for car rentals, movie tickets, and going to the amusement park.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have anything to bad to say because I'm just really enjoying the job right now and see myself being here for a really long time...Just being honest

Discountmugs.com2018-07-25
  9. "Wonderful work environment & team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Medley, FL

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The software engineering team as a whole is a very intelligent and motivated team. As a team, we always find the best solution for any given problem -- and it's always fun. - Work environment is extremely pleasant. I can easily walk to a co-workers desk or to my manager's desk and get assistance with anything. All of their doors are always wide open and I feel very welcomed -- at all times. Aside from that,... everybody is focused and determined. Everybody respects each-other, and everybody wants to get the job done!

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about my job, management, or anything to that effect. I am very happy working here.

"Great Environment"

I have been working at Discountmugs.com full-time

Pros

Great management. Lots of room for growth. Competitive Pay No Favoritism

Cons

Attendance policy is a little strict but fair

Discountmugs.com2018-07-11