Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of a Kind"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discover Hope has achieved a delicate balance between playfulness and diligence. The on-boarding and interview process was very organized and unique in that there was a clinical and traditional interview portion. It is very apparent that putting people first and working with integrity is a priority for both clients and staff at Discover Hope. Management is always looking for ways in which they can improve while keeping an open door policy. I've always felt supported in personal and career-oriented endeavors with plenty of room for growth and promotions within the company. The flexibility with scheduling makes it possible to attain a work-life-school balance. All in all, I would highly recommend working for Discover Hope if you enjoy working with kids, have great communication skills, integrity and humility.

Cons

Client cancellations are a natural part of this work but can be difficult at times.

Mar 26, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your feedback. I love your first sentence, " a delicate balance between playfulness and diligence." That's a great description =) I'm so... More

2. "Friendly Place!"

I worked at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions part-time

Pros

Best Coworkers ever! Everyone is super friendly and management rocks! It's a good PART-TIME job. If you are looking for full-time it can be very difficult since clients cancel all the time or they go on vacations or there are schedule changes. You have to remember this is part of the ABA field though. ALL companies have this issue. Something to keep in mind is that it is not flexible not in the sense that you can move things around when you want to. Once your schedule is set it is for the whole trimester!

Cons

Low pay (especially if you have finished school)(This is more for college students)
    Last minute cancelations
    It can be hard to pay for bills since you never really know how much you are getting paid since there are cancelations.
    They are increasing in number (company size) so a lot of things change quickly so sometimes you have to adjust quickly and make sacrifices for the company like accepting low pay and schedule changes and things like that. Huge gaps in between clients sometimes. You don't really get your 8 hours a day so remember when considering since it is an hourly position. Training rate stays the same even if you get an increase in your clinical rate.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation (although I know this is tough for a small company).
    Provide compensation for onsite cancelations.
    Provide more opportunities for growth.
    Increase training rate.

Feb 7, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback and recognize some of the cons that are indeed industry standard. We are committed to being the best ABA company to work for... More

3. "Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Fremont, CA

I worked at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

I began working for Discover Hope when it was first getting started and it was amazing to see the company growing. Melissa and the rest of the team are great, positive, and always encouraging. This has been the best company I have worked for.

Cons

Nothing! Keep up the great work!

Advice to Management

You're all doing a great job! keep it up!

Oct 17, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for this review! We love our team =)

4. "The BEST ABA company out there!"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Fremont, CA

I worked at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discover Hope has an amazing company culture! While some companies tell their employees how much they care, Discover Hope actually shows their employees how much they care. The support I received from Discover Hope is unmatched by similar companies. Amazing leadership comes from the top down and is present at every level, from Melissa, the Executive Director, to administrative staff, Clinical Managers, and Program Supervisors.

During my time at Discover Hope I felt like more than just an employee. I was supported, encouraged, and cared for. I would recommend Discover Hope to anyone already in, or looking to get into the ABA field. Whether you’re working on the administrative or clinical team, Discover Hope is the place to be!

Cons

During my time at Discover Hope I had no complaints. I know, however, that if I did, they would have been immediately addressed by the leadership team because they genuinely care about the satisfaction of their employees!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your're doing!

May 15, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much! We will! =)

5. "You will LOVE working at Discover Hope!"

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time

Pros

Discover Hope is an AMAZING place to work! They truly do care for all of their team members and are always there when you need them.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You are truly appreciated.

May 15, 2017 – Recruiter

So glad you love it here!

6. "Discover Hope is THE Place to Work"

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time

Pros

Great co-workers
    Supportive team
    Fun environment
    The work itself is interesting and never boring
    Flexible hours
    Everyone is a team player
    We're working for a great cause
    Job satisfaction
    Great work-life balance

Cons

The company i still in its early stages, so things are constantly changing since there's so much room for growth. But there's nothing that I can actually complain about here!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 15, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for the great review!

7. "It's a new type of company"

Current Employee - Coach (Manager) in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Coach (Manager) in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-you feel cared for for
    -you feel supported
    -you are set up for success
    -you learn about how to help/understand others with special needs and the people around you
    -everyone that works there is genuinely awesome
    -you are set up to grow and move up in the company
    -insurance and other benefits are great
    -your work time is as equally valued as your personal time
    -your managers/coachs WANT to help and assist you
    -the CEO is easy to talk to and loves her employees and patients! Couldn't ask for more
    -I couldn't ask for a better business to work for!!!!!

Cons

none that I can think of....like seriously...none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You continually challenge yourselves to grow and learn how to be better leaders. Keep up the amazing work :)

May 15, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for the great review!

8. "I love Discover Hope!"

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discover Hope is the best company I have ever worked for!! DH cares about their employees and the culture is wonderful...it is truly like a family!

Cons

Can't think of any! DH is the best!

Awww thanks! =)

9. "The best company ever!!"

I have been working at Discover Hope Behavioral Solutions full-time

Pros

The culture at Discover Hope is the best!! We work hard but have so much fun doing it in a very supportive environment. There is a "lead by example" mentality that helps all team members maintain a strong work-life balance. Team members learn from each other, no matter their position with the company. There are constant training opportunities and direct support while in the field which allows for immediate feedback! There are high standards for performance since the priority is providing quality services. I love the monthly team meetings and after parties! It's awesome knowing that you get to work with your friends everyday and to have each others backs. Team building activities, individualized appreciation and recognition, "Hopefool" of the Month, and staying true to the company core values add to the awesomeness that Discover Hope is!!

Cons

I can't think of anything negative! Discover Hope is the best!

Thank you!

10. "Seriously the Best Place I've EVER Worked!"

Pros

Discover Hope has an amazing culture! The best work environment and culture that I have ever experienced in any other work setting. The people are so supportive not just professionally but personally too. There are no egos or gossip which is definitely challenging to find in a field primarily dominated by women. Everyone is so passionate about the excellent work they are doing and it is refreshing to be a part of this team!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Management is so supportive! They are constantly learning, growing and providing outstanding guidance to everyone. Keep up the great work!

May 15, 2017 – Recruiter

Wow thanks for the great feedback!