Found 49 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and 401k." (in 547 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance depending on team" (in 270 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great; I have never had a problem with a co" (in 246 reviews)
- "Great culture and values!" (in 227 reviews)
- "The pay is good for those who are willing to work hard and earn it." (in 211 reviews)
- "Management at senior manager and supervisor levels is poor in certain departments." (in 162 reviews)
- "Some managers are great and some are a work in progress but I think that's true everywhere" (in 90 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to the market!" (in 84 reviews)
- "Unfortunately, the reorganization caused a lot of unhappiness from poor upper management placement and decisions" (in 46 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism and a total disregard for workplace civility are traits that are often on display by management." (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Discover and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "back to back"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Mar 2, 2022Senior IT SpecialistFormer Employee
Not many now days, pay was under market, raises during the 2022 did not even get close to cover inflation. I was here for over 20 years and because of favoritism and corruption I had no option but to leave to a new company, one that values their employees. You will see many videos and ads about how great the company is and how they will help you with your career, but don't be fooled. They will not look out for you, they will tell you they will mentor you but they wont. You will be a worker in a dead end job. The great culture that once was is gone, dont get me wrong this company was not perfect but it's 100 times worst now. Most of upper management left or was forced out, the new management sometime may be okay but other times they are rude, self serving narcissists. I seen people come in as interns and had a great time as soon as they accepted the position their nightmare would start. It is with great sadness I write this review because the company did put food on my table and kept a roof over my head. But I want people to stay clear of this company if they can, specially that the options now days are all around us!
Management focused on their own careers, agile applied to everything even when it does not work. Its Discover version of agile DMS. The job was stressful and it was impacting my health! In today's market they under pay If you take on tuition reimbursement and they fire you or lay you off you will be required to pay back the money. Customer focused, this would not be a bad thing but they are customer focused with complete disregard for employees.5
- 5.0Jul 7, 2015Collections RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew Albany, OH
They seem to truly value you as an employee. They have motivational events, food, and breaks from work to play games. They have excellent benefits and really promote from within,
The break times still don't seem long enough. You have to rush back and be sitting a lot but there is a lot of training and motivation.1
- 5.0Jun 15, 2016Credit AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew Castle, DE
They really invest in their employees and provide the tools you need to advance! It's a great culture to be apart of and a laid back atmosphere
Paying attention to detail, you must treat the customer how they would treat themselves, not how you would treat yourself and always remember to do the right thing
- 2.0Jan 13, 2009Senior AssociateFormer EmployeeRiverwoods, IL
Just for a paycheck. The campus is nice, the gym is nice for 20 bucks a month. The cafeteria is decent. Teh benefits are pretty good. They pay for school, and full benefits. Time off is pretty good from the start. They just started a hoteling program where people work from home 3 days a week and reserve a temporary cube while they are in the office.
The people are negative, always compaining and pointing fingers. Thats not my job is said too often. The management is sneaky about layoffs, they manage on personal feelings and vendettas. Time management does not exist since everyone has back to back meetings. There is no room for advancement. They claim to promote from within but they are always bringing in outsiders. People are unhappy but in this economy there is nowhere else to go. I was very surprised at how much complaining and backstabbing went on. It was like high school all over again.3
- 4.0Oct 20, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Military Friendly & lots of room for growth. Discover offers tuition reimbursement for those looking to go back to school.
I haven’t come across any cons during my tenure. Discover has many legacy programs and they are working on ways to improve for a better customer experience
- 3.0Feb 8, 2023Process Review SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNew Albany, OH
Decent benefits and vacation time.
People would leave the department and they would never hire anyone to back fill so we just ended up with more and more backlog.1
- 3.0Oct 20, 2012Solutions AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPittsford, NY
Treats employees great. Activities at work and after work. Giveaways. Encourage training and have have funds to back it up.
Horrible decisions made by central office (Chicago) make work in other locations (Pittsford, NY) unbearable.
- 4.0Jan 9, 2023InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearRiverwoods, IL
Great people to work with. Smart people who are experienced, supportive, and pleasant Many group activities during the internship to promote growth, collaboration, and networking Access to Director level and higher
Low salary compared to competitors Internship scaled back from 12 weeks to 9 weeks. Likely dt to covid and lower budget Riverwoods HQ is in the middle of rural/suburban Illinois
- 5.0Jul 28, 2015Reporting AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWest Valley City, UT
Management is fantastic and is always there to back you. I love the exciting work environment, always something going on at work.
I have no complaints about this company. It's such a great company to work for. Honestly, I would make my career here.1
- 5.0Oct 29, 2017Quality Control SpecialistCurrent EmployeePhoenix, AZ
Great place to work. Fun environment. Great training. Professional development is great and there is plenty to choose from. Great leadership.
Parking. There are not enough spots and the lot seems to undergo constant construction. The parking is terrible unless you start early. But forget about leaving for lunch unless you want to come back to a long walk.