Discover Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Discover~13990
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Discover and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Flexible and Helpful Culture

Nov 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Helpful Culture ,Flexibility

Cons

Cannot change positions until you have been in current position for 1 year

Discover Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're intentional about building a supportive environment where all can thrive. We're especially excited about continually enhancing our internal mobility program, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the work you do with us-- we're glad to have you on board.

2. 3.0

Disaster

Sep 7, 2021 - Negotiation Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, very inclusive, decent pay.

Cons

The company used to be awesome, but with Covid, it's really gone downhill. The Cardmember Assistance and Recovery department (collections and hardships) is a complete mess. Agents are facing back to back calls with no breaks in between, dealing with extremely difficult customers and very stressful situations all day every day. On top of this, agents are still expected to maintain a 50% or higher minimum every month in their collections efforts, despite the tremendous hardships that the majority of people are facing during this time. We are told that the department is overstaffed, but they are simultaneously saying that more agents are needed to help with call volume. Agents are being letgo due to overstaffing as well as being moved to other departments, while those left in the dept. are facing these huge issues and stressors over their stats. Information is not very clearly communicated, with so many policies changing sometimes daily and management is not on the same page with each other and constantly gives out incorrect information. Some managers are really on top of things, but they are not the majority, and it is mostly the coaches of the dept. that really do the work, put in the effort, and are keeping it afloat, while the team leads and dept. managers can't seem to come together on anything and present a uniformed front. Really has gone downhill from the past few years.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0

Could be better

Nov 15, 2021 - Bank Fraud Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits right at the start, Paid Time Off increases throughout the time you are there,

Cons

Bank is not established as well credit card, They make excuses for not focusing on improving Employees information on how to do the job in Bank. You learn how to do your job on the phones more then training, and even managers can't give you the answers to some of the most simple question. Bank is treated lesser then Credit Card for the info and the items given to the employees

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and grow.

Sep 22, 2021 - Acquisition Relationship Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discover has shown time and time again how they care for their employees with decent wages and great benefits. They offer opportunities for advancement, higher education, and I have had great mentoring from my managers. We are big on customer service and it starts with management. Working here I was able to elevate my standards of customer service and wish when I had to call other companies they would treat me as I have treated my customers.

Cons

Call volumes can become hectic so hyou have to be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Put in the effort, they will work with you

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Call performance learning opportunities are provided. Calls are scored internally, so a bad customer review can't tank your performance if you met the standards. Solid pay, great benefits.

Cons

Very high volume. Not a job easy to coast through. Metrics for productivity, adherence and attendance are strictly enforced.

Discover Response

Thank you for your insight into working at Discover. We're happy to know that you valued our benefits and learning opportunities. We understand that the high call volume can be challenging. We hope you felt comfortable reaching out to your manager for support and to discuss flexible work options. Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you all the best with the next step in your career.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company once you are salary

Oct 21, 2021 - Internal Communications Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Great benefits - Good job security - Gyms in each location - Diverse working group

Cons

- Salaries are conservative compared to other companies - It is difficult to make the jump starting from a floor agent that's on hourly pay to a salaried role - Favoritism amongst leadership on the collections side of the business

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great career growth

Oct 5, 2021 - Principal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, people, commitment to development. A fantastic place to gain experience and grow with the company. Enjoyed my time here very much.

Cons

Inconsistent depending on department. I was very fortunate to have had great managers and mentors.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of clear direction, but great benefits

Dec 17, 2020 - Engineer in Riverwoods, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible work from home, handled COVID outstandingly -Generous PTO -Great benefits package -Impressive office campus -Diverse culture

Cons

-ZERO onboarding for new employees There is no guidance on how to setup payroll, benefits, anything. Nor is there a comprehensive list of all perks. I was handed a laptop and shown to a desk, and had to resort to tribal knowledge from co-workers. When this point was brought up to CIO Amir Arooni during a town hall his response was "you should ask to be onboarded". No, you should have these things in place for employees who have zero knowledge of your environment or systems. It shouldn't fall on the neophyte to navigate blindly. -Convoluted work processes Even simple work takes months. Teams are heavily siloed, and internal efforts are always prioritized to external. Cooperation is not the norm. -High pressure to deliver constantly You have to substantiate your worth every single sprint. And given the time it takes to get significant work done this is stressful. Clear goals and planning from the top does not filter down properly to the people turning the cranks, and often time is wasted on threads that are ultimately abandoned.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

overall a good start

Sep 8, 2021 - Collections Specialist in Westerville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

paid training, work at home, great benefits, on site location has many amenities, as long as you follow your schedule and are willing to learn and adapt, you'll make it.

Cons

with covid movement has rather slowed down, like most places some managers are very hands on and attentive, and some tenured managers very hands off, which has worsened with covid and work at home. some departments have also downsized without warning, which has been making me worry.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 28, 2021 - Team Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home indefinitely, great benefits (pto/401k match, college tuition), fun environment to work with and company constantly striving to do best for employees

Cons

We have high expectations of everyone

Viewing 1 - 10 of 338 Reviews