DiscoverOrg CSM Reviews | Glassdoor

Henry Schuck

"Looking Back Fondly"

Former Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After I left DiscoverOrg, I was tempted to immediately write a review but never got around to it. I am glad I didn't. The reason is that working in another office environment really changed my already positive view of the DisoverOrg. So to begin, I want to express how amazing Henry and the leadership is. We didn't always see eye-to-eye but I was always treated like family. Henry himself helped me professionally and personally. He took a personal approach that I have not received from either of the 2 CEOs I have worked for since. Secondly, they hire good people. Coworkers were also family and we have remained in touch even after I left. This should speak volumes about the company culture. Third, I worked hard and was expected to work hard. While some do not consider this a "Pro" but it was great. I was pushed and pushed and pushed again and became far better at my job in a far quicker time. When I started I had no experience whatsoever in what I was doing but in 6 months I felt confident and thrived in my work. This forever shaped my work ethic allowing me to grow within the company as well as land higher ranking positions at other organizations I have worked for since. Lastly, without DiscoverOrg I would still be a Shlub with an Art History degree trying to figure out my life. I am not being dramatic here, DiscoverOrg changed my life for the better.

Cons

Compensation was below average for my position but this may not be the case any more.

Advice to Management

The sky's the limit.

DiscoverOrg2018-02-01

"CSM Life!!"

Current Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

DiscoverOrg is an awesome place to work for tons of different reasons. First, the company itself is growing quickly and is the to company its industry. Second, the money is pretty good and can be very lucrative depending on how well you can manage and upsell accounts. Third, the people are pretty much all awesome. I would be friends with nearly all the people I work with, and do enjoy spending time with pretty much everybody i work with. The last thing I'll mention is how great the management really is. The management team, in addition to being very passionate, super talented people, are also incredibly down to earth and good to be around.

Cons

There aren't too many downsides honestly. It's sometimes hard to prioritize what I need to work on at any given time because there are a lot of different tasks that need attention, but communication is pretty good on what is the top focus. Ends of month can be a little stressful, but they're usually pretty fun in the end when our team hits our goals.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring super talented, cool people, as if that wasn't something you were planning on anyway.

DiscoverOrg2017-10-06