DiscoverOrg Research Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The CEO is extremely motivating and respects and recognizes hard work when it's needed (in 22 reviews)

• Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 6 reviews)

• I see no cons that disrupt a decision to work at DiscoverOrg (in 5 reviews)

"Discover Org"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, awesome benefits, extremely helpful management and HR team.

Cons

have yet to encounter any.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

"Great people. Great work. Great Benefits."

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a great employee culture and works to maintain not only their customer satisfaction, but their employee satisfaction as well. They take the time to listen to concerns. They promote people from within and make it clear they want their employees to succeed and provide many benefits from health insurance to discounts at places like Columbia Sportswear.

Cons

The environment is rapidly changing and growing at DiscoverOrg, so one must be prepared to change pace!

"Environment was nice, Management was awful."

Former Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the training process and the organization of the company.

Cons

There's a lot of pressure put on the researchers since they're DiscoverOrg's "unfair advantage" against other companies that are similar. Also, they don't give you much of a chance to improve from the second you get hired. It's basically sink or swim and if you can't get up to their ridiculously high expectations, then you get fired. Don't expect to work here for long unless you can schmooze the upper management directors or get a lot of numbers fast.

Advice to Management

Maybe talk to your employees before you get rid of them for no reason.

DiscoverOrg Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Co-Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback. There is no question that we are a metrics driven organization. We recognize that in order to provide the best service for our clients that we have to be focused on the... More

"Amazing company!!"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours
    Friendly environment
    Weekends off
    Awesome pay and benefits

Cons

Downtown parking is a pain! There a nearby lots/garages but they're so expensive. Not specifically just a DiscoverOrg problem though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If I have a question, it gets answered
    The position is challenging
    My manager is a rockstar
    Paid Time Off
    Health Benefits and 401k
    Human Resources and Trainers are there for support
    Amazing culture

Cons

It's downtown, so parking is not the greatest

"Lack of integrity"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were great and I met some fantastic coworkers

Cons

Working as a research analyst you have to be prepared to avoid the truth and lie to several companies you call explaining that you are conducting a "research project" so you require the information needed from that individual. If you do not however fulfill your quota in the pace they want, they have no issues letting you go. I've seen many people get laid off from those who've been there a long time, to someone who was only there just a couple of days.

You are constantly told that you are not paid to have fun, and that you are there to work. Which can dampen the lives of a lot of your employees if they feel like they cant have fun, and they're coming into to work to just make money for the company. I feel like there is hardly any room for promotions and they'll work you to death until they no longer need you or you're simply not useful to them anymore.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, because of the fact they see their researchers as expendable does make the employees feel good. They will feel like their job is on the line every day and thats just ruling through fear.

I'm not fond of this company and how it runs its business. But if what they're doing is legitimate then I wish the best for them.

DiscoverOrg Response

Mar 28, 2017 – President & CFO

We're sorry that you didn't have a great experience on the research team, but trust us, we REALLY VALUE our researchers! Don't take our word for it. We prove it and live it every day. That's why we... More

"Amazing Opporunities"

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

-Great starting pay, beyond competitive
    -Amazing opportunities for people who haven't gone to school or don't have a lot of experience
    -401k, benefits, opportunity to get overtime, bonuses, paid time off
    -2 weeks training adjusted to meet your needs
    -Management who are passionate about the company and care about the employees- if you work hard they will work hard to help you be the best.

Cons

Can be a little stressful at first if you've never worked on the phone before, but it get easier quick!

"Tech startup with positive atmosphere"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at DiscoverOrg part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a place that gives employees plenty of latitude to grow professionally. As a fast-growing start-up, the opportunities to do meaningful work and move up the ladder are plentiful. I was there when the company was just starting to grow, and it was great to see the attention that management gave to its employees even though things were moving fast. Anyone who worked hard and took pride in their work succeeded at DiscoverOrg while I was there. I keep in touch with my former co-workers who still work there and have heard nothing but positive things about the company's current operations.

Cons

You won't find perks like ping pong tables or similar cushy employee benefits. Office space situation was tight when I worked there, but it looks like they've taken care of that with the move to the new office.

"A good starting point for recent high school graduates, but not for ambitious movers or experienced professionals."

Former Employee - Research Analyst
    Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked that my hours were 7AM to 3PM. Nice to get out early. The environment is lax and there is no overbearing dress code. The company is moving to a new building in downtown Vancouver, which I think will be an improvement. I got along well with my coworkers and immediate supervisors.

Cons

As a young person coming out of college, I took this as my first job. I was told from the start that there would be opportunities to grow and move within the company. I worked my butt off and performed extremely well, but came to find out that there was, in fact, no opportunity for me to move beyond my starting point. I felt like my ambition was seen as a negative by upper management. I think that they prefer employees are content to stay in low level, low-paying positions.

Please know coming in that if you take a research analyst job, it will be boring. You will be doing a small set of computer tasks all day, every day. There really aren't added responsibilities to be had. You will earn $11.50 per hour and receive 7 days paid time off for your first year (provided that you start early in the year), which includes sick days.

Job security is always going to be an issue here, it seems, as my layoff was one of many, and I have heard that there have been previous waves of layoffs like it.

Advice to Management

Don't say things that you don't mean and hire some more people for HR.