DiscoverOrg Research Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The CEO is extremely motivating and respects and recognizes hard work when it's needed (in 21 reviews)

• We have open communication with upper management and are provided with so many resources we need to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization is growing so quickly, this is not an organization to work for if you do not like change (in 4 reviews)

• It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 6 reviews)

"Great people. Great work. Great Benefits."

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a great employee culture and works to maintain not only their customer satisfaction, but their employee satisfaction as well. They take the time to listen to concerns. They promote people from within and make it clear they want their employees to succeed and provide many benefits from health insurance to discounts at places like Columbia Sportswear.

Cons

The environment is rapidly changing and growing at DiscoverOrg, so one must be prepared to change pace!

"Environment was nice, Management was awful."

Former Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the training process and the organization of the company.

Cons

There's a lot of pressure put on the researchers since they're DiscoverOrg's "unfair advantage" against other companies that are similar. Also, they don't give you much of a chance to improve from the second you get hired. It's basically sink or swim and if you can't get up to their ridiculously high expectations, then you get fired. Don't expect to work here for long unless you can schmooze the upper management directors or get a lot of numbers fast.

Advice to Management

Maybe talk to your employees before you get rid of them for no reason.

DiscoverOrg Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Co-Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback. There is no question that we are a metrics driven organization. We recognize that in order to provide the best service for our clients that we have to be focused on the... More

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If I have a question, it gets answered
    The position is challenging
    My manager is a rockstar
    Paid Time Off
    Health Benefits and 401k
    Human Resources and Trainers are there for support
    Amazing culture

Cons

It's downtown, so parking is not the greatest

"Lack of integrity"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were great and I met some fantastic coworkers

Cons

Working as a research analyst you have to be prepared to avoid the truth and lie to several companies you call explaining that you are conducting a "research project" so you require the information needed from that individual. If you do not however fulfill your quota in the pace they want, they have no issues letting you go. I've seen many people get laid off from those who've been there a long time, to someone who was only there just a couple of days.

You are constantly told that you are not paid to have fun, and that you are there to work. Which can dampen the lives of a lot of your employees if they feel like they cant have fun, and they're coming into to work to just make money for the company. I feel like there is hardly any room for promotions and they'll work you to death until they no longer need you or you're simply not useful to them anymore.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, because of the fact they see their researchers as expendable does make the employees feel good. They will feel like their job is on the line every day and thats just ruling through fear.

I'm not fond of this company and how it runs its business. But if what they're doing is legitimate then I wish the best for them.

DiscoverOrg Response

Mar 28, 2017 – President & CFO

We're sorry that you didn't have a great experience on the research team, but trust us, we REALLY VALUE our researchers! Don't take our word for it. We prove it and live it every day. That's why we... More

"As a member of the team"

Current Employee - Marketing Research in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Research in Vancouver, WA

Pros

As a current employee this is a great place to work.
    The environment is business casual, warm, accepting, professional, and laid back.
    The teams work well together and as a member of the research department I can say we all are in some ways like a family.
    Upper management is diligent and direct with correction.
    My superiors deliver constructive criticism and feedback politely and openly (they want us to succeed and accomplish all that we can without breaking our spirit)
    Our CEO is as active as he can be with each individual person. He makes it his effort to get to know you and praise you when it is deserved and direct when he wants to see improvement.
    As an openly gay man I have to say that DiscoverOrg is by far the most accepting place I have worked. They do not discriminate on sexual orientation, creed, gender/sex, age, race, or nationality. They are set on being a company that progresses with society and makes sure we are all treated equally.
    Some may disagree but what they choose to see is their prerogative, the only thing that is not tolerated within the work place is a bad work ethic and lack of dedication.
    I would recommend this job to the many and praise it to the masses.

Cons

I don't really see any.

"Coworkers become friends who are more like family!"

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a place that accepts everyone for who they are. You feel comfortable being you from the moment you walk through the doors. Everyone has an open door policy for everything and anything. People are friendly and accepting.
     Everyone works together as a team and is willing to help one another no matter what team they are on. DiscoverOrg is like a puzzle, every team has their job which in return supports another team and so on. The end result is this amazing product that keeps growing, selling and getting better each and every day.
    Upper management works hard to make sure everyone else has the tools and knowledge to succeed.

The CEO is very hard working, selfless, respectable, honest, and knowledgeable.

The pay is awesome and the company really cares for each and every employee.

The people I have worked with over the years have become more of family than coworkers.
    The company recognizes people who put in hard work and rewards the hard work put in.

Cons

PTO separate from sick days.

Advice to Management

You're all doing a great job. Keep making the right decisions and everything else will fall into place.

"Tech startup with positive atmosphere"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at DiscoverOrg part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a place that gives employees plenty of latitude to grow professionally. As a fast-growing start-up, the opportunities to do meaningful work and move up the ladder are plentiful. I was there when the company was just starting to grow, and it was great to see the attention that management gave to its employees even though things were moving fast. Anyone who worked hard and took pride in their work succeeded at DiscoverOrg while I was there. I keep in touch with my former co-workers who still work there and have heard nothing but positive things about the company's current operations.

Cons

You won't find perks like ping pong tables or similar cushy employee benefits. Office space situation was tight when I worked there, but it looks like they've taken care of that with the move to the new office.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that the people I work with come from varied and diverse backgrounds. It definitely shows the willingness to bring people together with the idea of a common goal of success. There is an excitement level that makes one want to come to work everyday and work with these awesome people. Everyone is friendly, and most have a positive attitude. The pay and benefits are good and the schedule is great. I am glad to be considered part of this exciting, fast paced team, and I look forward to a long and successful relationship at DiscoverOrg.

Cons

More frequent staff meetings, and a clearly defined chain of command for each team. Employees should be aware of whose door is always open for non-judgmental conversation if the need ever arises.

Advice to Management

Continued motivational training for team managers. Maybe once the probationary period is up, have ongoing one on ones with each person to gauge where their strengths and weaknesses are and also to discover other talents and skills that may be beneficial throughout the entire team. Smile more. Positive attitude.

"Amazing company, amazing product, amazing people"

Current Employee - Research Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is amazing. You feel comfortable and relaxed from the moment you start. Everyone has great attitudes and gets along well.

The CEO and COO value their employees and value everyone's opinions and ideas. They are always seeking ideas from everyone and anyone to try and make the product and company better. Meeting these two people you would never guess they own this company. Very humble, outgoing and giving people.

The product we provide is amazing and proves itself time and time again. It has only gotten better in the last several years and will continue to get better as the company grows.

The employees here are always wanting to get better and always having friendly competition to see who can be the best. This only pushes others to try harder.

I love it here at DiscoverOrg. I feel at ease with this company and I feel like I matter.

Cons

No 401k yet. I know the company is still growing, so I have no doubt that it will be offered here shortly.

The communication lacks or can get lost at times, but I think with a company growing at this pace that can be expected.

Advice to Management

Have some team meet and greets. It would be nice to know more about the people we aim all day and email all day.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

Pros

DiscoverOrg is hands down the best place I have ever worked! It's a fun atmosphere and great work environment. We work hard and have fun all at the same time! Plenty of room to move up, you just need to prove you are willing to work hard! The owners are passionate and hands on workers! Upper management is also very approachable and hard workers! I look forward to coming to work everyday knowing we are going to work hard as a team and have fun!

Cons

No 401k. SomethinI that i think would be a huge perk!

Advice to Management

401k would be fantastic!