DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The CEO is extremely motivating and respects and recognizes hard work when it's needed (in 21 reviews)

• We have open communication with upper management and are provided with so many resources we need to succeed (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The organization is growing so quickly, this is not an organization to work for if you do not like change (in 4 reviews)

• It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"DiscoverOrg's CRUSHING IT!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've seen a lot of tech companies and DiscoverOrg is hands down the best company I've ever worked for. Period. It has everything you'd want in a perfect place to work -- crazy fast growth, profitability, award-winning and market-dominating products, an EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist CEO, promotion from within, an amazing culture, and a brilliant group of people that are like friends and family rather than coworkers. DiscoverOrg's is a place where we *love* what we do and are privileged to work with superstar-caliber people that will push us and the company to innovate, adapt, excel, and WIN.

The company's culture is super clear -- we're a group of passionate, intense, collaborative, selfless, no BS and externally competitive group of people that are focused on WINNING. But that winning is achieved by us winning as a team. We innovate, adapt, learn, test and refine every single day, and we're all in it together.

Not only are we all in it together, we win together. Every single person at DiscoverOrg makes a living wage, which is super awesome, and the company's commitment to its employees is clearly evident every day -- from promotions from within and the ability to move up or change departments to awesome perks, new and better benefits being added every year, fun outings, sports teams, gym days, free food and drinks, and the ongoing and expanding investment in employee training and education. As well if you outperform, you’ll be rewarded and recognized. What more could you ask for?

If you want an awesome career and crave the thrill of riding on a rocket ship, DiscoverOrg's for you. It's the benchmark that you'll compare the rest of your career to, because it really doesn't get much better than this.

Cons

If you're thinking about joining DiscoverOrg you need to know that you'll need to bring your A game and embrace change. We work hard to win and we rely on everyone to contribute to the company's success. This isn't a job, it's not a place to hang out and let other people carry you, and it's not a place that tolerates mediocrity. If that's what you want then DiscoverOrg isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep us the insane intensity on winning and sharing that success.

"Best. Decision. Ever."

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back. I have only been here a couple months, but I have felt the difference every day. Even though I wake up earlier to come to work, I'm actually EXCITED to go see my new friends and have fun in my job! I'm also given plenty of opportunities outside of my "normal" job duties to be creative and make a difference in the company and our processes.

P.S.- The people are amazing here and treat you with respect in whatever job you are in - I feel truly valued working here.

Cons

Too much growth, longer lines for the microwaves.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is super transparent and I never feel like I'm out of the loop on anything.

"Discover Org"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, awesome benefits, extremely helpful management and HR team.

Cons

have yet to encounter any.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

"Great people. Great work. Great Benefits."

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg has a great employee culture and works to maintain not only their customer satisfaction, but their employee satisfaction as well. They take the time to listen to concerns. They promote people from within and make it clear they want their employees to succeed and provide many benefits from health insurance to discounts at places like Columbia Sportswear.

Cons

The environment is rapidly changing and growing at DiscoverOrg, so one must be prepared to change pace!

"We Are The Champions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you really want to know what it's like to be exhausted from winning so much you should work at DiscoverOrg. From winning new business to winning a plethora of awards -- Inc. Magazine's 2017 Top 50 Best Workplaces, WA Best Places to Work, Trust Radius awards, G2Crowd awards, CODiE awards, and the list goes on -- DiscoverOrg is a place where you'll be surrounded by an incredibly talented group of people that are motivated, committed, fun, successful and know how to win. And with ~40% annual growth there's an abundance of opportunity to grow, take on new responsibility, transfer to another department, or be promoted. It truly is a meritocracy where hard work and going above and beyond is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

As the culture book says, the company expects a lot from it's people and with the hyper growth systems and processes are always changing. If you're not ready to push yourself to be at least 1% better every day and want a cushy job, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people, keep pushing hard, and keep CRUSHING IT!!!

"Caring Culture"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You get pushed hard to succeed, but management/VPs are there with you to help.
    - The CEO is involved in every department. He knows whats going on.
    - The training group provides cool courses almost daily to help us get better in our jobs.
    - The pay is fair (actually, more than fair!)

Cons

Expect to be pushed hard. If you don't like that, don't work here. The goals are stretch goals and you are expected to get as close as you can to meeting them - every day!

Advice to Management

Every now and then, positive feedback helps.

"Harder Better Faster Stronger"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

Great view, great coworkers, great lunch options, competitive pay, and leadership is totally accessible. There's so much of an open door policy that even if the door is closed you can still open it and poke your head in.

Cons

I kept on saying "what if we try X" and management was so responsive that I basically ran out of things to gripe about.

Advice to Management

Stay classy, Vandiego.

DiscoverOrg Response

Jun 29, 2017 – President & CFO

Work it harder
    Make it better
    Do it faster
    Makes us stronger.

We couldn't sum up DiscoverOrg better than with this great Daft Punk song. Glad you're enjoying living the dream with us, and... More

"Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I consistently learn from management. I genuinely feel like I am surrounded by great sales talent.

Cons

Generally the environment can get pretty distracting so maintaining productivity can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Clearer path to goals. More one on one's, goal setting and performance reviews would help us to have a better understanding of where we stand and the path to where we want to be.

"Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-dynamic environment means good advancement ops
    -pay is commiserate with agony for sure
    -great people

Cons

-dynamic means sometimes you are totally lost yet somehow in the right place
    -sometimes initiatives are done quickly and It can show a little

Advice to Management

- some of us would stay late for beers and promise of development, especially the less developed.
    - you can delegate more and we will pick up slack for you.

"DiscoverOrg - Great People - Great Data - Great Place"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

You work with some of the smartest people you'll ever meet. They help you grow professionally and personally. Also, having a product that does what it claims is does and gives real benefits to our clients is a huge plus. Expectations are high here, and they should be. We pride ourselves on being the best in the industry, and we come in every day ready to work hard.

Cons

There's a lot of competition within the company, which isn't a bad thing. It does add to the stress of doing well and leaves little room for error.