DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Pros
  • Hard work is valued and rewarded (in 19 reviews)

• Being in downtown Vancouver means the best of both worlds tax-wise (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Change Direction very quickly and the ability to know every employee is a challenge as we are growing so quickly (in 4 reviews)

• It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"DiscoverOrg's CRUSHING IT!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've seen a lot of tech companies and DiscoverOrg is hands down the best company I've ever worked for. Period. It has everything you'd want in a perfect place to work -- crazy fast growth, profitability, award-winning and market-dominating products, an EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist CEO, promotion from within, an amazing culture, and a brilliant group of people that are like friends and family rather than coworkers. DiscoverOrg's is a place where we *love* what we do and are privileged to work with superstar-caliber people that will push us and the company to innovate, adapt, excel, and WIN.

The company's culture is super clear -- we're a group of passionate, intense, collaborative, selfless, no BS and externally competitive group of people that are focused on WINNING. But that winning is achieved by us winning as a team. We innovate, adapt, learn, test and refine every single day, and we're all in it together.

Not only are we all in it together, we win together. Every single person at DiscoverOrg makes a living wage, which is super awesome, and the company's commitment to its employees is clearly evident every day -- from promotions from within and the ability to move up or change departments to awesome perks, new and better benefits being added every year, fun outings, sports teams, gym days, free food and drinks, and the ongoing and expanding investment in employee training and education. As well if you outperform, you’ll be rewarded and recognized. What more could you ask for?

If you want an awesome career and crave the thrill of riding on a rocket ship, DiscoverOrg's for you. It's the benchmark that you'll compare the rest of your career to, because it really doesn't get much better than this.

Cons

If you're thinking about joining DiscoverOrg you need to know that you'll need to bring your A game and embrace change. We work hard to win and we rely on everyone to contribute to the company's success. This isn't a job, it's not a place to hang out and let other people carry you, and it's not a place that tolerates mediocrity. If that's what you want then DiscoverOrg isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep us the insane intensity on winning and sharing that success.

"Growth, Culture, and People"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved every minute of working here. They took a real chance in hiring me being that I was the youngest person on my team by probably 5 years (or close) and had no sales/account management experience, but I was motivated. After my two weeks of training my confidence had boosted significantly. Prior to starting here I had hesitance with role playing and being on an open floor where I might sound funny to other people but the training was fantastic, the feedback was extremely helpful, and I had all the help I needed. Senior management was always willing to help and were great at communicating/getting involved with tough situations I may have not had the experience to handle up front.

The best part about working here is the people that I had the pleasure of working with each day. There is no other office environment like this. You can be yourself and interact with everyone around you, but when it's time to work, it's time to work.

Regardless of where you are in your career I highly recommend working at DiscoverOrg. I had no intention of leaving unless my "dream job" came along and by sheer luck/timing, it did.

Hats off to Henry and all senior management for creating a place like this. I'll miss everyone I worked with.

Cons

The Finance team is an absolute Godsend and I am forever grateful for their help. With that being said, work directly with your manager if you have any questions about your commission report. The individual responsible for putting them together doesn't like to be questioned. In this instance, a mistake was made and I asked a question about it-- but to the wrong person. It was handled poorly up front, but fixed in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Best Career of my Life"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart employees that work hard
    Hard work is rewarded
    The teams are cooperative but also playfully competitive
    When one person wins, everyone wins
    No office politics
    Great incentives to perform
    #1 tool in the space, so it's easy to sell

Cons

Sometimes I work too much
    It can take a little while to build up a stream of commission

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I really enjoy the employee development and classes that are going on. Also, stay responsive to ideas from within the company.

"Amazing company!!"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours
    Friendly environment
    Weekends off
    Awesome pay and benefits

Cons

Downtown parking is a pain! There a nearby lots/garages but they're so expensive. Not specifically just a DiscoverOrg problem though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If I have a question, it gets answered
    The position is challenging
    My manager is a rockstar
    Paid Time Off
    Health Benefits and 401k
    Human Resources and Trainers are there for support
    Amazing culture

Cons

It's downtown, so parking is not the greatest

"Fast-Paced and Competitive, Rewarding Work Environment"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The overall work environment pushes you to stretch and find new limits for your capabilities as a professional. Although the company is sizable, there's still a startup mentality in many areas, which means that where you're assertive, the opportunity provides itself to prove your worth and value - a void in many bigger companies where red tape abounds.

Cons

While the formalities of workplace rules exist, some of it is merely eyewash - specifically with workplace demeanor at times. Politics is a very common one, as is asserting personal beliefs. Bottom line is - we came here to work, let's keep it like that. Divulging in extraneous conversation about what you think about Hillary, Trump, Sanders, or the like is really irrelevant to getting the job done. Also, the open office environment is often times counterproductive. Over chatty coworkers is a distraction and people need to have a better sense of when they should just pipe down and work instead of divulging about the latest media gossip or some other current event.

Advice to Management

Clarity on career path would be helpful.

"Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment lead by a talented management team that will instill valuable lifelong business lessons which can be applied anywhere.

Cons

None at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees like you have been.

"Fantastic Job enviornment"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

none that really come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"DiscoverOrg is the BEST. Period."

Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a prevailing drive here. Few, if any, of my colleagues lack in their drive for personal success, and they all take DicoverOrg's success to heart. It's a remarkable environment in which to work. DiscoverOrg is very competitive, but equally very nurturing. Basically, "work hard and we'll do everything we can to help you grow and become stronger and better at your craft." I've been in sales for a long time and I've never experienced anything like it. From the very top down, and I mean at the CEO level, everyone is accessible, everyone is visible, and no-one's ego is so great that they are unwilling to jump in and get their hands dirty.
    Plus, there's tons of opportunity for personal and professional growth, with little to no drama. It's an extremely special environment.

Cons

I don't know that I have any legitimate "cons", per se. I have things I'd change if I were in charge, but that's different to me. It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth. Nothing bad about that at all.
    I only wish I had found DiscoverOrg a decade ago.

Advice to Management

I would adjust the Work/Life balance by taking the following steps:
    -- Adjust the work hours to 8 hours per day. Studies have shown, even in Japan now, that protracted work hours, day after day, actually result in an overall lessening of performance.
    -- Incorporate unlimited PTO, thus alleviating the need to track time, sick days, half days, etc. We could simply take the time we need as needed/desired. With the number of metrics we rely on, it would still be very easy to track whether we're hitting our numbers or not.
    -- Beyond that, keep up the great work. DiscoverOrg is very special, and quite unique. I am grateful every day that I have the privilege of being here.

"Truly a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

Working at DiscoverOrg has proven to be such an amazing opportunity for me. In my time working here, I have consistently felt like the company cares about each of their employees, which is an impressive feat for how many of us there are. I have also seen many internal promotions during my time at this company, which allows for a hard working, go getter culture, because employees know that hard work does not go unnoticed. There is an amazing, intense, work hard, play hard culture at DiscoverOrg, and it has been such a great place to grow in my career. Another huge pro about DiscoverOrg is they are exceptional at recognizing their weaknesses, acknowledging them, and doing their best to improve. This company is constantly listening, learning, and changing to be the best they can for both their employees and clients.

Cons

No lie, I don't have a single con about working for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I have so much respect for the leadership in this company.