DiscoverOrg Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The CEO is extremely motivating and respects and recognizes hard work when it's needed (in 19 reviews)

• Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a great place to work, with a company-wide drive for success and growth (in 6 reviews)

• The fast growth and the high expectations can be seen as a con by some, just expect to be pushed beyond your limits here (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best. Decision. Ever."

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work for DiscoverOrg was one of the best decisions I ever made and I will never look back. I have only been here a couple months, but I have felt the difference every day. Even though I wake up earlier to come to work, I'm actually EXCITED to go see my new friends and have fun in my job! I'm also given plenty of opportunities outside of my "normal" job duties to be creative and make a difference in the company and our processes.

P.S.- The people are amazing here and treat you with respect in whatever job you are in - I feel truly valued working here.

Cons

Too much growth, longer lines for the microwaves.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Management is super transparent and I never feel like I'm out of the loop on anything.

2. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

culture, flexibility, great product, fast growth, upward mobility

Cons

office needs updating, better supplies

Advice to Management

DiscoverOrg is growing at an incredibly fast rate and needs to hire and support that growth. Would help spread workloads out more evenly.

"CSM Life!!"

Current Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - CSM in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DiscoverOrg is an awesome place to work for tons of different reasons. First, the company itself is growing quickly and is the to company its industry. Second, the money is pretty good and can be very lucrative depending on how well you can manage and upsell accounts. Third, the people are pretty much all awesome. I would be friends with nearly all the people I work with, and do enjoy spending time with pretty much everybody i work with. The last thing I'll mention is how great the management really is. The management team, in addition to being very passionate, super talented people, are also incredibly down to earth and good to be around.

Cons

There aren't too many downsides honestly. It's sometimes hard to prioritize what I need to work on at any given time because there are a lot of different tasks that need attention, but communication is pretty good on what is the top focus. Ends of month can be a little stressful, but they're usually pretty fun in the end when our team hits our goals.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring super talented, cool people, as if that wasn't something you were planning on anyway.

4. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever been around. It's competitive, but not cutthroat. You're competing to make each other even better. There is ample opportunity for career growth. We are a fast growing company, and there is always something to do.

Cons

Sometimes we grind pretty hard. It's a sales oriented company, so, it makes sense.

5. "Great Opportunity Out of College"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working for DiscoverOrg directly out of college and it has been such an exceptional and unique experience. This company is going through amazing growth and there are so many opportunities to advance in my career here. Leadership takes the time to help you grow, and the people are one of a kind, I feel very lucky to have created so many friendships here. I plan to stick with DiscoverOrg for awhile, I think the company is really taking off and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Cons

The fast growth and the high expectations can be seen as a con by some, just expect to be pushed beyond your limits here. That's just how DiscoverOrg is, and I don't see how that could be a bad thing.

6. "Challenging, engaging, energetic workplace"

Current Employee - Operations in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Operations in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people. There is a sense of camaraderie and belongingness that I haven't found anywhere else. The people here genuinely like each other and work hard together, encouraging and supporting one another. There isn't very much a sense of competition within the company - we're all on the same team here.
    - The work. It's engaging and challenging and every day there is a new project to work on or a new problem to solve. It's rarely monotonous.

Cons

- The high steaks. There are occasionally hard and fast deadlines to meet, which can mean working nights and weekends. You are heavily relied upon to get your crap taken care of when it needs to be. There is little room for slacking off, and management has little patience for people who can't deliver.

Advice to Management

Show recognition more often and offer more perks to those that don't directly impact the bottom line, like sales reps do.

7. "Wonderful Workplace"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company! I cant imagine working anywhere else. The people are fun, the work is challenging and keeps you learning, management is attentive. Wonderful Wonderful place to work

Cons

I can't even come up with one.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Keep on keeping on

8. "Manager, Marketing Operations"

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing Operations in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing Operations in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people.
    The diversity.
    The leadership.
    The product.

DiscoverOrg is one of those places where YOU actually make a difference, and people notice. Where your ideas are heard. Where you are pushed daily to grow.

Cons

Honestly, I have thought about this a lot. It's really hard to come up with any.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on.

9. "Best SDR role I've had"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great base salary and commission structure
    - Room for growth
    - Amazing product (easy to sell)
    - Sophisticated tech stack
    - Intelligent, fun coworkers
    - High level of support and continued training
    - Leadership legitimately cares about your goals and well-being

Cons

- High growth which shows with some growing pains
    - Just like most any sales position, work/life balance isn't ideal (way better than other sales organizations I've been a part of though)
    - Not truly a con, but if you aren't willing to work hard and learn, you will fail

Advice to Management

Continue to put your employee well-being on equal footing with hitting numbers. After an acquisition, it's easy to throw employee mental health on the backburner as you focus on high growth. There is an obvious increase in the expectations for every customer-facing position; as long as the balance between that and employee morale/health is maintained, we will grow spectacularly!

10. "DiscoverOrg changed my professional life for the better"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internal growth and promotion opportunities, friendly staff and environment, laid back work environment that promotes a calm everyday workflow, respectable management that listens to everyone and listens to various opinions

Cons

Long hours (depending on the department), parking could be better, but management is working on that, the coffee isnt good