DiscoverOrg Sales Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2019

3.8
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck

"Working here will TRANSFORM you as a Sales professional"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide you with very comprehensive training that adequately prepares you for the role. Management and Leadership are constantly sharing tips/techniques/knowledge to enable you to sell more effectively. You will have access to different tools and technologies that help streamline your job. If you work here get ready to work hard and learn!

Cons

-Flexibility (Can't work from home) -High expectation to hit daily dials #

DiscoverOrg2019-06-04

"A very succesful company with some kinks"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money-making potential even if lacking experience.

Cons

A very intense and stressful environment.

DiscoverOrg2019-08-11
  3. "Growing Company, Great Culture"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are a lot of fun to be around day in and day out. Management expects a lot out of us, but everyone here is committed to a common goal and it is apparent that we are all appreciated on a personal level for the effort we put in. True team atmosphere.

Cons

No frills, not a lot of "soft" benefits that you would expect from a West Coast tech company. Not that it's a bad thing to be frugal for the overall good of the company, but maybe we can nudge the needle slightly in the other direction.

Advice to Management

On the whole, there isn't much I would change. I would say a slightly more employee-centric vibe would help if we're trying to attract talent away from other tech companies in the area.

DiscoverOrg2018-01-16
  4. "Best SDR role I've had"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great base salary and commission structure - Room for growth - Amazing product (easy to sell) - Sophisticated tech stack - Intelligent, fun coworkers - High level of support and continued training - Leadership legitimately cares about your goals and well-being

Cons

- High growth which shows with some growing pains - Just like most any sales position, work/life balance isn't ideal (way better than other sales organizations I've been a part of though) - Not truly a con, but if you aren't willing to work hard and learn, you will fail

Advice to Management

Continue to put your employee well-being on equal footing with hitting numbers. After an acquisition, it's easy to throw employee mental health on the backburner as you focus on high growth. There is an obvious increase in the expectations for every customer-facing position; as long as the balance between that and employee morale/health is maintained, we will grow spectacularly!

DiscoverOrg2017-10-06

"2 Promotions & 3 raises in a year"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great atmosphere the people you work with are all great -This company rewards hard work. I have not had an experience where I was recognized for the work I put in everyday like I am here. I was given an award, promoted (given a raise), given a raise, promoted again (and given another raise) and I have only been here a year. If this keeps up I'll be the CEO in no time. I also have no college education and no previous skills in my position when I started but they took me in and kept giving me chances to succeed. Heck, the CEO walked by one day and spent a couple minutes talking to me, he knew my name and he cared what I had to say! I can honestly say this is a rewarding place to work. -The company has values. We stopped using uber because of an ethical conflict of interest and I find that super respectful

Cons

This company is not perfect. No company is, but the biggest problem here is how fast things are growing and changing. Sometimes things happen faster than it seems we are prepared for them to. However everyone working here is smart and flexible and things get sorted out before you know it. Second thing is there is a disconnect between the research department (located on the 8th floor) and the rest of the company (who are mostly on the 9th floor). I would have to say that most of this disconnect is simply a result of the separation of floors and is not intended whatsoever. Some ideas have been put into place to amend the disconnect but not enough to make a huge difference. Oh and parking is the pits - no good parking options but the CEO keeps working to find a solution.

Advice to Management

Go a little easier on the 8th floor. Give them more reasons to come to the 9th floor and get to know people or vice versa. Buy that empty lot across the street. But mostly keep doing what you're doing and keep promoting from within I think it's working out for us.

DiscoverOrg2017-09-13

"The Industry Standard for how a Software Company should run"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Amazing Company Culture. This speaks to both the personnel, and the overall style/tone. Feels like a family that pushes you to your best. -Huge opportunities for upward movement. Happens at a quick rate for those who apply themselves -The company offers University-esque classes for those who want to learn additional information. Along with that, training and meetings also somewhat operate like a classroom - I feel like they provided me with a 4-year degree worth of knowledge in Business. -Great location in Downtown Vancouver. The 9th floor view overlooking the city is nothing to take for granted. -The talent that you're surrounded by is hard to collectively find. Since it's such a cooperative environment, everyone gets better everyday, simply thanks to their peers. -Competitive pay -Benefits and overall HR experience is unparalleled -The company compliments the "work hard" mentality very well when it comes to social events. -The leadership/executive staff. -Last but not least, the product/solution itself.

Cons

The only thing I will say, is that the company just went through an acquisition (of their biggest competitor). There were no cons while I was working at DiscoverOrg, but I'm sure there will be a couple growing pains associated with the months to come - simply due to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because it's working extremely well.

DiscoverOrg2017-09-12

"Sales Development Rep"

Sales Development Representative

I have been working at DiscoverOrg

Pros

Amazing environment to learn and hone your skills. The caliber of the team is extremely high with expectations that reflect that. The environment lends itself to competitive yet still collaborative individuals that are constantly helping each other to achieve these ever increasing goals. Very little micro management because everybody is on board and understands the common goal. 401K! The culture is different and better than any other company I have worked for.

Cons

We are growing extremely rapidly and constantly trying new things, it can be hectic and stressful to stay on top of the new initiatives and get past the small messes. Quite a few system processes that sometimes consume a lot of time.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. Maintain the awesome culture as we grow.

DiscoverOrg2015-11-13