Cover image for DiscoverOrg

Part of ZoomInfo
Is this your company?

DiscoverOrg

Add a Review

DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Dec 12, 2019

77 Comments

Tech

585.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DiscoverOrg~633309
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DiscoverOrg? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DiscoverOrg employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and awesome atmosphere.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Management is always open to new ideas and everyone's voice is heard(in 18 reviews)
  • "Culture is great, lots of fun without feeling like they are 'trying too hard'.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Technologically Savvy leadership open to new ideas and continuously optimizing processes(in 13 reviews)
  • "Good pay but not for the verbal abuse you’ll get(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Best in the NW

Jan 3, 2018 - Technical Recruiter in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is great, everyone here works hard together to help create the best product and data for DiscoverOrg customers. There is the opportunity to move up and around in departments, plenty of recognition for all the hard work you do in each department. Management is super helpful in making sure that you are producing to the best of your ability and will help you grow with the company.

Cons

The company is definitely growing, so it is fairly large, which may be a bad thing to some. Fridge space can be limited on the 8th floor.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

May 24, 2018 - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

t was great to learn from Henry when the company was young. The company treats employees like family and I am still friends with the employees that I worked with. I’m fortunate to still be in contact with Henry and still be a part of the family. I was in college while at DiscoverOrg and learned how to work very hard to achieve both professional and personal goals. It is great to see how much the company has grown. I was there when it was a 15 person office and now it is 500. When I come to visit the office it is so awesome to see that the culture is still alive. I enjoyed my time there and recommend DiscoverOrg to anyone who’s in the market for a new career.

Cons

There really were not many cons when I worked there. Upper management took the time to check in with us and there was lots of room to grow. I guess a con would be it was far away from where I lived.

3. Join the DiscoverOrg team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Moving in the right direction

Nov 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the things I enjoyed most about this company is the vast amount of professional growth opportunities. My manager was very transparent and always there for my professional and personal growth. Also the benefits were always getting better and the senior leaders were trying to better communication throughout the company. I don't think every company is perfect, but there were a lot of positive strides made based on employees' feedback.

Cons

The growth opportunities could be more transparent-especially the opportunities to move to different teams. However, if people were to reach out and ask they would get answers on how to talk to. I think career mapping as the company grows would be super helpful.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Coworkers become friends who are more like family!

Jul 8, 2016 - Research in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a place that accepts everyone for who they are. You feel comfortable being you from the moment you walk through the doors. Everyone has an open door policy for everything and anything. People are friendly and accepting. Everyone works together as a team and is willing to help one another no matter what team they are on. DiscoverOrg is like a puzzle, every team has their job which in return supports another team and so on. The end result is this amazing product that keeps growing, selling and getting better each and every day. Upper management works hard to make sure everyone else has the tools and knowledge to succeed. The CEO is very hard working, selfless, respectable, honest, and knowledgeable. The pay is awesome and the company really cares for each and every employee. The people I have worked with over the years have become more of family than coworkers. The company recognizes people who put in hard work and rewards the hard work put in.

Cons

PTO separate from sick days.

6. 5.0

Great StartUp

Nov 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a great technology startup in the Portland Metro Area. The leadership in every department is committed to the Company and works hard to advance the company's goals. There are no politics and no bs around the office. Hard work and dedication is rewarded. The CEO Henry is involved in all aspects of the business and is never afraid to get his hands dirty - as are all of the executives.

Cons

There are people on different teams that don't belong at the company because they are not as committed to the vision and that hurts the company - stay focused on building a strong team and not letting them hang around.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best places I have ever worked.

Nov 4, 2016 - Customer Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that has a culture that is so motivating and encouraging while pushing you to dig deeper and further. This company gives you the tools you need to flourish coupled with the freedom to make it happen.

Cons

The company has experienced significant growth which leads to a lot of changes, so you have to be open to that. There is also a need for better benefits.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Easily the BEST job I have every had!

Aug 11, 2016 - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly cares about its employees and anyone who says differently clearly has never worked anywhere else. We have benefits and they listen to our suggestions and issues. Starting pay is $15 an hour for entry-level positions because our leaders want all workers to be able to live comfortably outside of work. Management is great at uptraining when you ask for it and helping employees to improve as long as you take initiative and are willing to accept feedback. This place is a no BS company so people who won't accept their own mistakes and need to blame others for their short comings will not do well. The only negative talk I have ever heard is from those former employees who feel a sense of entitlement. At DiscoverOrg everyone WORKS and works HARD for what they get. We don't take short cuts. My coworkers are my family and we all work together to keep this company performing as the leader in the industry. We are constantly challenged and pushed to be better and supported by those pushing us. Everyone in management has moved up through the company so we aren't being led by individuals with no experience in the field. We have fun together outside of work with events such as karaoke nights, birthdays, movies, and game nights. If you want a place where you are supported by management and coworkers, with a CEO who goes out of his way to get to know you, and where you will actually enjoy coming to work then this is the place for you.

Cons

-Early hours can be rough at first.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Worked for Both Sides

Dec 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's very few products out there that are so advanced or incredible that nothing else matters to their success. Ultimately it's the people in the company who determine the success or failure of that company. My experience in working for both sides personifies what this because at DiscoverOrg there is a group who is collaborative, innovative, incredibly hardworking, and most of all not afraid to listen but also argue with each other for the greater good. Something that prior companies I've been at consistently failed doing time and time again. You could call it sour grapes, but numbers don't lie. DO started at the severe underdog eight years ago and has grown to be the #1 provider in the market more than doubling the revenue of their closest competitor. And It's the people at DiscoverOrg who've made this company what it is. Business isn't easy, especially when you're creating one of the fastest growing companies in the country. There's a ton of change every month, stakes are high, and a ton of pressure to perform. But if you want to be around some of the most talented people who you could put into almost any company and make it successful - then you want to be at DiscoverOrg.

Cons

My biggest gripe would be regarding our benefits for people with children.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

As a member of the team

Jun 17, 2016 - Marketing Research in Vancouver, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a current employee this is a great place to work. The environment is business casual, warm, accepting, professional, and laid back. The teams work well together and as a member of the research department I can say we all are in some ways like a family. Upper management is diligent and direct with correction. My superiors deliver constructive criticism and feedback politely and openly (they want us to succeed and accomplish all that we can without breaking our spirit) Our CEO is as active as he can be with each individual person. He makes it his effort to get to know you and praise you when it is deserved and direct when he wants to see improvement. As an openly gay man I have to say that DiscoverOrg is by far the most accepting place I have worked. They do not discriminate on sexual orientation, creed, gender/sex, age, race, or nationality. They are set on being a company that progresses with society and makes sure we are all treated equally. Some may disagree but what they choose to see is their prerogative, the only thing that is not tolerated within the work place is a bad work ethic and lack of dedication. I would recommend this job to the many and praise it to the masses.

Cons

I don't really see any.

10 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Great place to work!

Apr 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, great people, and the management is supportive! The management I've worked under was always supportive and helped me with career ambitions and movement within the company.

Cons

This is a fast-paced environment with high expectations. Although I've never viewed this as a con, I could see others viewing it that way.

2 people found this review helpful