DiscoverOrg "company is growing" Reviews | Glassdoor

DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 9 Sep 2019

4.6
DiscoverOrg CEO Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck
Pros
  • "Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed(in 29 reviews)

• "Overall bottom line, this company is growing so fast that employees are constantly able to find opportunities to grow(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "So far I have no cons I could give(in 10 reviews)

• "Adding in a work from home policy/flexible work schedule would be really nice(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"Fast and Fun"

Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for less than a year

Pros

The teams here are bright and ambitious. The work is engaging, and people actually execute. The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Expect ambiguity, and definitely more than 40 hours per week.

DiscoverOrg2019-09-09

"You Will Never Stop Learning"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President, Customer Success in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you're looking to be a part of a company that will offer you personal and professional growth this is where you need to be. I truly enjoy coming to work and the opportunity to work with smart, driven, and highly capable people that I learn from every single day. The company is growing so fast that it creates a natural educational environment where you're exposed to new opportunities almost daily. Being a part of... a company like this, at this stage is rare - and everyone wants it and very few have the opportunity. I feel deeply honored to be a part of it.

Cons

This is not like any job you have had or likely ever will and it won't be easy. No one here skates by and you will need to keep up- if you can do that you will have doors open that you never knew existed.

Advice to Management

Know that you are a part of something special and keep hiring great people.

DiscoverOrg2019-02-05
  3. "Great Opportunity for Growth"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

I've been met with a lot of opportunities to grow my career here. I started at an entry-level position, and have been working my way up to a spot that I'm really proud of. Management stands by their open door policy, and they are constantly hiring from within. My coworkers are also amazing and that makes coming to work even easier. Other perks include the great location and all of the awesome local restaurants... nearby, and amazing and affordable health care benefits. Overall bottom line, this company is growing so fast that employees are constantly able to find opportunities to grow. I highly recommend.

Cons

Cons are pretty few and far between. If you aren't ready for a company that's constantly changing and moving at a quick pace it might not be for you.

DiscoverOrg2019-01-15

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great leadership, from the top down. An open door policy that allows your voice to be heard. - a REAL company culture, and one that's fun to be a part of. Happy hours after work, group sports & karaoke nights are commonplace. - an Environment where effort and results are rewarded - Fast growing company, with opportunity for professional development and career growth.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but it should be noted; show up ready to work. The pace is quick, and there's no room for slacking. Also, the city of Vancouver is VERY light on available parking

DiscoverOrg2018-02-08
  5. "Growing fast"

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good, smart people to work with at a successful, growing company. What more could you ask for in a workplace?

Cons

I was required to enter at least five words.

Advice to Management

Continue to do good and communicate.

DiscoverOrg2018-02-05

"Great for young people who don't know what they're worth"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is room to climb your way to the top if you are exceptionally smart. This is a growing company and there are a lot of opportunities for young, smart people. Management is generally easygoing about things, but the research arm of the company is a glorified call center and run like one. I would not recommend working in the research department to someone I liked.

Cons

There are far fewer women in management and the culture is toxic. This company is great if you are a young person without a family or a life outside work. But they expect you to live, breathe, eat, and preach DiscoverOrg or else you will not make it anywhere, and turnover is ridiculously high (especially for employees with kids). Last year when the giant snowstorm hit, the management gave awards to employees that... risked their lives to drive to work, while shaming others. They require doctor's notes or else absences are "unexcused" and get you suspended without pay after 3. Single parents are let go at alarming rates when daycare centers send kids home for being sick and parents must choose between their families and their job. Their dress code is regressive and sexist, with tattoos being acceptable but colorful hair not; women in non-customer-facing roles were often sent home for weather-appropriate and professional-grade clothing without warning (no men are policed in this way). Many inquiries into the promotion of women into senior leadership roles went dismissed. In fact, I calculated that management and above, through every department, had only 35% of women in leadership. Director through c-level was even worse, with only 6 women for 23 men in leadership roles, or 20%. They keep their call center separate from the rest of the company, so that the ~real~ employees and customers don't have to mix with the commonfolk. The research arm is under-appreciated and overworked, with many employees working over 10 hours a day. Home-life balance is nonexistent. Futhermore, on multiple occasions, employees were forced to fill out best-place-to-work surveys AND forced to give great reviews in exchange for keeping their jobs.

Advice to Management

When asked about negative Glassdoor reviews, the CEO said that it was just from bitter people who were fired. I'm not bitter and I wasn't fired. I appreciated the time I spent at DiscoverOrg and I adored my manager, director, and VP. But there are some institutional barriers--the culture is stuck in this weird place between traditional corporate and young startup that I don't think will be successful long-term. Hire... more women and look at creating policies that work against institutional sexism and racism instead of just dismissing it out of hand.

DiscoverOrg2017-12-27

"Run - Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

The business model is working. The company is growing and being recognized for its potential.

Cons

Awful place to spend most of your day. You’ll learn more from the negative reviews on this page than the positive ones. I’m pretty sure when a negative review comes up, the company writes a bunch of positive fake reviews. Look at what happened last time a negative review was written. Just goes to show that revealing the truth would mean no good people would want to work there, so they have to lie and put up a... facade that it’s an excellent place to work.

Advice to Management

The office behavior at this company is not normal. It stems from the top. The leadership is not the caliber of Steve Jobs, DiscoverOrg is not Apple. You can’t get away with being jerks to your workers.

DiscoverOrg2018-01-27

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time

Pros

-The people at DiscoverOrg are all very friendly but also great at what they do. -The leadership team is the most competent team I've ever been around. They provide a clear vision, transparent expectations, lots of learning opportunities and great feedback. -The company is growing crazy fast which provides some great professional development opportunities. -Everyone is very committed to driving this company... forward and works extremely hard to do so. It's honestly pretty cool to see.

Cons

Not really a con in my opinion, but if you don't like all the change that comes with rapid growth then you might not like the pace.

Advice to Management

You are killing it. Keep it up.

DiscoverOrg2017-10-27
  9. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever been around. It's competitive, but not cutthroat. You're competing to make each other even better. There is ample opportunity for career growth. We are a fast growing company, and there is always something to do.

Cons

Sometimes we grind pretty hard. It's a sales oriented company, so, it makes sense.

DiscoverOrg2017-10-06

"Great People | Great Product | Great Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Henderson, NV

I worked at DiscoverOrg full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a fast growing company with a high expectation of their employees, but if you apply yourself the sky is the limit for new opportunities and advancement. After a short time working for DiscoverOrg I was moved into a different department and trained with a new skill set that has been a game changer for may career. The product is truly amazing; it is an awesome knowing that you are working for a company... that is the best at what they do. I am constantly still promoting the product to people even though I no longer am an employee. The accessibility and mentorship from executives is unlike any other company. The CEO Henry Schuck is very hands on and takes an interest in helping all employees achieve their full potential. The crew at DiscoverOrg is work hard play hard. Everyone puts in the time, but has fun together. I am honored to have worked with the DiscoverOrg crew and happy to maintain contact with friends and mentors like Henry and many other employees.

Cons

Sometimes it can difficult to find a work life balance, but being surrounded by talented, motivated, fun people makes up for it.

DiscoverOrg2015-09-05