DiscoverOrg Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Dec 12, 2019

Found 15 of over 210 reviews

4.5
DiscoverOrg Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schuck
Henry Schuck
Pros
  • "Executive Recognition: Hard work does not go unnoticed(in 30 reviews)

• "The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Parking in downtown can be hit or miss(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking options downtown Vancouver is limited(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company to work for in the PNW.

Dec 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is a fast paced growing company. We have doubled our employee count over the past year with an acquisition of ZoomInfo. Now we are ZoomInfo. The employees are great, hard working, and fun. They work hard and celebrate our achievements when necessary.

Cons

After the acquisition a lot has changed. I believe it’s for the better but if you can look forward to where we are heading it could be tough getting through each day.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

You Will Never Stop Learning

Feb 5, 2019 - Senior Vice President, Customer Success in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking to be a part of a company that will offer you personal and professional growth this is where you need to be. I truly enjoy coming to work and the opportunity to work with smart, driven, and highly capable people that I learn from every single day. The company is growing so fast that it creates a natural educational environment where you're exposed to new opportunities almost daily. Being a part of a company like this, at this stage is rare - and everyone wants it and very few have the opportunity. I feel deeply honored to be a part of it.

Cons

This is not like any job you have had or likely ever will and it won't be easy. No one here skates by and you will need to keep up- if you can do that you will have doors open that you never knew existed.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast and Fun

Sep 9, 2019 - Director of Procurement in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The teams here are bright and ambitious. The work is engaging, and people actually execute. The company is growing like gangbusters and there are tons of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Expect ambiguity, and definitely more than 40 hours per week.

1 person found this review helpful

DiscoverOrg Response

Manager of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, we only hire the best! Work/life balance is important to us and we will continue to support this in any way we can.

4. 5.0

Great Opportunity for Growth

Jan 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been met with a lot of opportunities to grow my career here. I started at an entry-level position, and have been working my way up to a spot that I'm really proud of. Management stands by their open door policy, and they are constantly hiring from within. My coworkers are also amazing and that makes coming to work even easier. Other perks include the great location and all of the awesome local restaurants nearby, and amazing and affordable health care benefits. Overall bottom line, this company is growing so fast that employees are constantly able to find opportunities to grow. I highly recommend.

Cons

Cons are pretty few and far between. If you aren't ready for a company that's constantly changing and moving at a quick pace it might not be for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People | Great Product | Great Experience

Sep 5, 2015 - Marketing Manager in Henderson, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a fast growing company with a high expectation of their employees, but if you apply yourself the sky is the limit for new opportunities and advancement. After a short time working for DiscoverOrg I was moved into a different department and trained with a new skill set that has been a game changer for may career. The product is truly amazing; it is an awesome knowing that you are working for a company that is the best at what they do. I am constantly still promoting the product to people even though I no longer am an employee. The accessibility and mentorship from executives is unlike any other company. The CEO Henry Schuck is very hands on and takes an interest in helping all employees achieve their full potential. The crew at DiscoverOrg is work hard play hard. Everyone puts in the time, but has fun together. I am honored to have worked with the DiscoverOrg crew and happy to maintain contact with friends and mentors like Henry and many other employees.

Cons

Sometimes it can difficult to find a work life balance, but being surrounded by talented, motivated, fun people makes up for it.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best learning experience of my career

Sep 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with DiscoverOrg's CEO, Henry, was a life changing experience for me. While he oversees the company from a very macro-perspective, he is also knowledgeable of the entire firm's intricate workings down to its debits and credits. The thing I loved about my time here is that firm management was very keen on promoting education and will make time out of their day to make sure all the employees are growing both personally and professionally. I came in the door for my first day without any industry experience and very quickly became a key player on the DiscoverOrg team. Even now after I have left the firm, Henry and I have kept in touch as he is still pushing me to grow and excel in my career. As fast as the company is growing, it relies on its employees to keep up with the ever changing landscape of technology. DiscoverOrg knows it's employees are its greatest asset and they definitely take care of them. If you have any doubts about working here, don't.

Cons

The pace at which they are growing will keep you busy, time will fly by when you work here.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fun and exciting place to work

Jan 9, 2015 - Account Executive in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DiscoverOrg is a growing company with great people to work with. When I first came on board with about 8 AE's and CSM's in the fall, there were three (maybe four?) offices scattered in a business park because the company was growing so fast. Some of us were just moved into a huge building (with great views of Mt. Hood and the Columbia River, btw) and once the two-floors are built out we'll be taking up are completely built out -- the entire company (160+ employees) will finally under the same roof in Downtown Vancouver. I can only speak for the Sales team, but it's a fun group of people with a lot of energy. The Senior AE's are very good and very experienced, they're also great about helping out the new AE's and being around them will make you better. The Directors/VPs of Sales are really hands-on with training and always willing to drop what they're doing to help. If you have an idea or suggestion on how you could improve something -- they listen. Need a better headset? They'll order a new pair for you that day. It's refreshing and completely different from the companies I've worked for in the past with crappy management that doesn't listen and acts like they're royalty. Henry, the CEO, is a passionate dude that is approachable and fun to be around. Him and Kirk (the COO, I believe) built the company from the ground up. Like the Directors and VPs, anyone can walk into Henry's office to talk and make suggestions of how DO could do things better. DiscoverOrg's platform is a great product. The Research team and Sales team have a lot of mutual respect for one another: the platform and research never lets the Sales team down, because the Researchers are really good and take a lot of pride in what they do. The Company gatherings are a lot of fun. i think they do them 3-4x a year. Lots of food and drinks. We went bowling, and throughout the night they gave away about $2,000 in cash for trick shots and best costumes. The bottom-line is it's just a good environment to work in, and you feel like the company is going places, and you're glad to be a part of it. Glad I left my old job for this place.

Cons

Folgers coffee in the break room - it's terrible. I'd also like to see some free snacks and drinks around here.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Oct 27, 2017 - Finance Analyst in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The people at DiscoverOrg are all very friendly but also great at what they do. -The leadership team is the most competent team I've ever been around. They provide a clear vision, transparent expectations, lots of learning opportunities and great feedback. -The company is growing crazy fast which provides some great professional development opportunities. -Everyone is very committed to driving this company forward and works extremely hard to do so. It's honestly pretty cool to see.

Cons

Not really a con in my opinion, but if you don't like all the change that comes with rapid growth then you might not like the pace.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Feb 8, 2018 - Manager in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership, from the top down. An open door policy that allows your voice to be heard. - a REAL company culture, and one that's fun to be a part of. Happy hours after work, group sports & karaoke nights are commonplace. - an Environment where effort and results are rewarded - Fast growing company, with opportunity for professional development and career growth.

Cons

Not really a "Con", but it should be noted; show up ready to work. The pace is quick, and there's no room for slacking. Also, the city of Vancouver is VERY light on available parking

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for young people who don't know what they're worth

Dec 26, 2017 - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is room to climb your way to the top if you are exceptionally smart. This is a growing company and there are a lot of opportunities for young, smart people. Management is generally easygoing about things, but the research arm of the company is a glorified call center and run like one. I would not recommend working in the research department to someone I liked.

Cons

There are far fewer women in management and the culture is toxic. This company is great if you are a young person without a family or a life outside work. But they expect you to live, breathe, eat, and preach DiscoverOrg or else you will not make it anywhere, and turnover is ridiculously high (especially for employees with kids). Last year when the giant snowstorm hit, the management gave awards to employees that risked their lives to drive to work, while shaming others. They require doctor's notes or else absences are "unexcused" and get you suspended without pay after 3. Single parents are let go at alarming rates when daycare centers send kids home for being sick and parents must choose between their families and their job. Their dress code is regressive and sexist, with tattoos being acceptable but colorful hair not; women in non-customer-facing roles were often sent home for weather-appropriate and professional-grade clothing without warning (no men are policed in this way). Many inquiries into the promotion of women into senior leadership roles went dismissed. In fact, I calculated that management and above, through every department, had only 35% of women in leadership. Director through c-level was even worse, with only 6 women for 23 men in leadership roles, or 20%. They keep their call center separate from the rest of the company, so that the ~real~ employees and customers don't have to mix with the commonfolk. The research arm is under-appreciated and overworked, with many employees working over 10 hours a day. Home-life balance is nonexistent. Futhermore, on multiple occasions, employees were forced to fill out best-place-to-work surveys AND forced to give great reviews in exchange for keeping their jobs.

22 people found this review helpful